The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

yumyumsalad

Collabs You Wish Would Happen But Know It'll Never Be?

yumyumsalad

I've thought about this and decided to ask you all this question. What are some characters you wish could enter the DD world but know it'll never happen or it could be impossible? Why do you think that?

For example, I believe that some characters that won't ever be available as official DDs are vocaloid's Megpoid Gumi and Rosario Vampire characters. My reasons are that Volks is only doing Crypton licensed Vocaloids, such as Miku, Kagamine Twins, Luka, Meiko, and, it's pretty expectable, Kaito. Since Gumi isn't a Crypton vocaloid, Volks wouldn't be doing her as a DD. As for Rosario Vampire, I'm pretty sure that manga/anime has died out and it'll just be impossible for Volks to do them; they'd probably not care to do so.

What about you all? What do you think?

Monty

my ultimate dream collab that I doubt will ever happen is DiGi Charat, with mochiashi MDD Dejiko and L bust DDP Rabi en Rose. I doubt it’s likely at all seeing as DiGi Charat’s heyday is long over and there’s never even really been decent commercial figures since the figure hobby wasn’t yet what it is today back then, but maybe when the 25th or 30th anniversary rolls around -something- will happen. The queen of Akihabara is long overdue for a nendoroid 😔

• Like 4

yumyumsalad
19 minutes ago, Monty said:

my ultimate dream collab that I doubt will ever happen is DiGi Charat, with mochiashi MDD Dejiko and L bust DDP Rabi en Rose. I doubt it’s likely at all seeing as DiGi Charat’s heyday is long over and there’s never even really been decent commercial figures since the figure hobby wasn’t yet what it is today back then, but maybe when the 25th or 30th anniversary rolls around -something- will happen. The queen of Akihabara is long overdue for a nendoroid 😔

I've just searched DiGi Charat up an wow she is so cute!!! I wish I could see her in DD form too 😔

OccultBeast

It's honestly a shame that we're probably never going to get GUMI or Kasane Teto, even though both have been featured in official concerts, etc, but I understand due to licensing it's more complicated.  GUMI would be adorable.

I'd love for Shojo Kakumei Utena's title characters, Utena and Anthy, as DD and DDS possibly, even though Utena was already made as an Azone/Obitsu.  I just think Volks would do such a good job with the both of them, and I prefer the DD style.  Their outfits would be especially beautiful done by Volks.  I'd want both their original outfits and the movie outfits, because I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favourite of the two.  I'd also love some of the boys, but I know that that's an extreme stretch, even for series that are actually made in DD size.  Now I wanna watch the anime again...

...Also I'd probably instantly buy a Breath of the Wild Link, as a DDSB.

• Like 6

BeyondTime

Kimagure Orange Road. One of the most classic anime titles from the 1980s. The series will turn 40 in three years, but the last entry was in the mid-1990s. It’s credited with helping introduce westerners to anime, and the series main character Madoka is the origin of the tsundere archetype. Truth is Madoka is so classic she really should be made as an SD.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Kotone

Seconding Utena. Azone never even made Anthy, the cowards. Other than that, extremely self indulgent desire for any other Persona 4 character (but I would be most hyped for Yosuke and Nanako, who would likely be an Arle-like sculpt who captures everyone's hearts and wallets). Tbh my biggest want WAS Higurashi and the fact that we actually got a multi-doll collab confirmed because of Gou was kind of... insane? Maybe miracles ARE real lol.

• Like 3

IgelFullmetal

I'd love Precure DDPs (Specifically Futari Wa Precure)

Futari_wa_Pretty_Cure_Max_Heart_2018.jpg

• Like 4

Riesz

It would never happen but I'd love to have a DD version of Y'shtola from Final Fantasy 14

20821e03daa037a9ff70cb09ad1eb2d0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

finnleo
5 hours ago, Riesz said:

It would never happen but I'd love to have a DD version of Y'shtola from Final Fantasy 14

Its perhaps more of a longshot ... but Square is a bit weird.

If the reward for Nier: Automata for performing well was a variety of goods that you normally didnt see from other sqeenix things, including dolls. Shadowbringers was apparently a pretty good money rake for them this time around. Though the trouble with comparing it to Automata is that the doll thing was indeed a thing inside the game... so...

But 'Shtola is sort of a fun character in terms of evolution from XIV 2.0 to 5.0 from the main cast apart from minfilia using a hodge-podge of sub-50 level gear for costumes, to the meh re-design in heavensward, to the big black mage shadowbringers rework.

Design wise the main problem is the ears, which Volks never has succeeded in animal ears (Closest success has been Mashiro, but you still need to deal with the satin band, which can be hidden ... but with lots of work), and the miqo'te ears are especially peculiar, also the sculpt would have to be without human one's because of the 5.0 haircut 'Shtola got. How they would go about the aetherbat eyes would be intrugueing too.

(and yes, im dropping the Y to just matoya with the girl... wich is a cute affair in itself.. )

Riesz
5 hours ago, finnleo said:

Its perhaps more of a longshot ... but Square is a bit weird.

If the reward for Nier: Automata for performing well was a variety of goods that you normally didnt see from other sqeenix things, including dolls. Shadowbringers was apparently a pretty good money rake for them this time around. Though the trouble with comparing it to Automata is that the doll thing was indeed a thing inside the game... so...

But 'Shtola is sort of a fun character in terms of evolution from XIV 2.0 to 5.0 from the main cast apart from minfilia using a hodge-podge of sub-50 level gear for costumes, to the meh re-design in heavensward, to the big black mage shadowbringers rework.

Design wise the main problem is the ears, which Volks never has succeeded in animal ears (Closest success has been Mashiro, but you still need to deal with the satin band, which can be hidden ... but with lots of work), and the miqo'te ears are especially peculiar, also the sculpt would have to be without human one's because of the 5.0 haircut 'Shtola got. How they would go about the aetherbat eyes would be intrugueing too.

(and yes, im dropping the Y to just matoya with the girl... wich is a cute affair in itself.. )

_B6M0_7Lui799iQbyrJ1TRIos6lUhG00KTmsNxM8

Azone released a few 1/6 scale dolls with hair shaped into cat ears but I'm not sure how well that would work for mi'qote ears on larger dolls.  I've temporarily turned my Mariko into my character mi'qote from FF14 and I'm currently using some homemade ears that look fairly decent, if I do say so myself, and are attached to her wig with clips.  The pink fur on the ears is a good match for the pink wig I have on her so it looks decent although not 100% seamless like in game.  I have the wig brushed over to cover her human ears.

But yeah I know there wouldn't be an official Y'shtola doll in a million years... I can just keep dreaming! ☺️

Mega Negi

Volks already has a Ranka Lee DDS and since the difference between Gumi and Ranka is, essentially, goggles, you're 90+ percent there.

rensuchan
On 3/2/2021 at 11:42 PM, Riesz said:

20821e03daa037a9ff70cb09ad1eb2d0.jpg

Someone has to eat their words....

• Haha 8

Veravey

@Riesz, where did you get your insider information? Who's coming next, can you help me budget?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Pit

I'd love to see Teresa from Claymore as a Dollfie Dream. Or, at least, one of the other characters. But, honestly, the anime is so incomplete and so old, this collab it's totally impossible. I think manga has ended but I'm not sure. Whichever the case, I don't have any news about a second season from a looong time so surely is already dead. Well, I can always try this project on my own with one of my girls and maybe it will become true. 

2a8e03eebefc3178a89e091fec325755.jpg

6dcb8f9b8e1c237451cc871d891b7e3b.gif

Teresa.jpg 

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

battrastard

Chiaki-chan and/or Marika Sato from Moretsu Space Pirates. (you did say "It'll never be", so I'm safe here..) 

(although, some other manufacturer's OC *but long discontinued* doll bears a striking resemblance to Chiaki-chan, imo.)

further realms of "It'll never be".......

Yakumo and Pai from 3x3 Eyes... 

Alpha, from Heavens Lost Property... (Flying panties for props, anyone?) 

Edited by battrastard

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Riesz

😁 Okay while the genie lamp is still in my lap I want to wish for a DD Lenneth Valkyrie!

Vps-lenneth.jpg.7546de5a3ac9f80be5538ba0f911768f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

dunceclown

I would really love for some DDs of Killua and Gon (and maybe Hisoka!)from HunterxHunter, I know it's super out of the probability since it's a shonen, but I can still dream!

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

Disney Princesses. Which won't happen because they have the resin line already, but it would be cuuuuuuute.

Along that line, Marvel/Star Wars characters. Or Kingdom Hearts. Make things anime plz. 

Poofiemus

The IP being Chinese will probably keep this from happening: Genshin Impact.

Seriously, if the license part could work out this could be Fate/Type Moon levels of releases. There's just so many adorable-but-badass characters they could do.

In another thread I said I wouldn't be tempted by either gender version of the Traveler/the player character, but the other day I had a dream about Traveler DDs and realized if they did the heads right I could eat my words, lol! Especially Lumine/girl Traveler, since that's the version I play.

But there are SO many others. Ningguang, Beidou, and Lisa for the booby lovers, Jean will appeal to Saber fans (and since she's kind of my carry, probably me lol), Diona for cat-girl suckers, and battle maid Noelle for Billy. :lol: Raiden Shogun/Ba'al would be a smart choice, too; she pulled in a LOT of money during her event.

There are even boys, though they'd be a bit less likely: Kazuha the gentle samurai would get me, but plucky and unlucky Bennett would also be hard to resist. On the taller guy side, Childe would be a smart choice but man would I be tempted by a good rendition of Zhongli--looks like a poised gentleman, but actually is a space cadet, lol. 

Basically even if we did somehow get Genshin DDs, there is absolutely no way they would ever get to making ALL the characters. There's too many. But they would be spoiled for choice, to say the least.

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Irulazuli

Fatal Frame. Won't happen because it's a horror series and probably does not appeal to waifu-collecting demographic. Also, Nintendo holds the rights.

• Like 2

meltychoco_BJD

I would have loved to see Love Live characters as dollfies! They've done rythym game / idol girls before too anyways, and there's a ton of costumes to choose from or add on as extra outfit sets!

I know Azone had small pureneemos of the μ's and Aqours girls from LL in 1/6 scale I think, and Fairyland apparently made μ's BJDs in an extremely limited amount once.

LL has been around for a while by now, so the reason I don't think the collab would happen is because I feel like if VOLKS were ever going to, they would have done it during the height of μ's popularity way back then, or during the Aqours era.

Especially since both groups already had doll collabs in the past, if it was going to happen with VOLKS too it definitely would have happened already.

• Like 1

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

DoA | Twitter | Instagram

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆

Mega Negi

Volks already has a long standing deal with the idolm@ster franchise, which makes a collab with love live look like an extremely long shot.

• Like 1

meltychoco_BJD
14 minutes ago, Mega Negi said:

Volks already has a long standing deal with the idolm@ster franchise, which makes a collab with love live look like an extremely long shot.

Yeah, I figured that would probably play into it too.

Unfortunate, but custom dolls are still always an option! Don't know if I'll ever get around to it tho.

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

DoA | Twitter | Instagram

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆

finnleo
1 hour ago, ashefaust said:

Love Live

1 hour ago, Mega Negi said:

I would say the bigger problem is Love live being a Bandai/Sunrise franchise, they like to keep their own toys as per gundam, etc. (A Lacus Clyne would be fab... although blood orphans made the old gundams seem old fashioned...)

for instance Volks did collabs with numerous visual novel producers back in the day, and some continue today too, Type moon, August/Aria, Key, Agé, Leaf/Aquaplus (I wonder if they might make a utawarerumono collab given the recent anime just to relight an old flame...) which hasnt seen to be an issue. and again some with dual releases alongside Azone.

EDIT: Realized that im a bit of a muppet with this, since Idolmaster is also a Bandai thing... but I guess the perception has been that bandi is a bit peculiar to deal with, given their own production of merch.

Edited by finnleo

RetroKanojo

I've actually been wondering about a Love Live Collab before as well @onion9@

Others have already made some good points on why it is unlikely to happen, though I do wonder how long they will keep on making Idolm@aster dolls. I think there are still some Cinderella girls left? I'm not terribly familiar with the franchise as a whole, but I was assured that there are many, many characters, so potentially they could keep going at it for years to come. 😂

• Like 1