The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

yumyumsalad

Collabs You Wish Would Happen But Know It'll Never Be?

finnleo
1 hour ago, RetroKanojo said:

I do wonder how long they will keep on making Idolm@aster dolls. I think there are still some Cinderella girls left?

Out of the original Idolmaster lineup there's Asuza, Ami / Mami, and Hibiki at least left, Ritsuko as well depending on do you go with the original Xbox lineup or the first playstation roster.

The latest big console game Starlit season has some cinderella girls, million live, Shiny colors, and a few other characters thrown into the mix

Cinderella girls is a bit scary considering its character roster, since there's... 190 characters in the general election this time?

Although it seems that the Cinderella girls doll releases have settled now on being the general election winners. If i've understood correctly this years election runs into next year, so this year's idolmaster doll might be one of the original series characters, or past election cinderella girls, which would be Nana Abe, Airi Totoki, or Karen Hojo ... Also a possible SSR outfit release for Mio like they did with Uzuki after the general election win.

Love Live also has a bit of a roster issue brewing, because of the multiple sub series in the franchise.

Edited by finnleo
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

I think there are still some Cinderella girls left?

There are dozens of Cinderella Girls they haven't made, plus some original 765 Pro girls, and then there is Million Love where you have something like 50+ unmade characters. Some of them are pretty minor characters, so they will never make all of them. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Roxanne

As far as I know Idolm@ster is also a lot more popular in Japan, where as Love Live is more popular with the western audience (the fact that the Idolm@ster app games never got an official English release plays a big part in this as well is my guess).

Even though Volks sells all over the world, their main consumer base is still going to be Japan, so it would make sense then for them to focus more on Im@s.

• Like 1

My instagram! 

Arppie

I would love if Vampire Hunter D entered the DD world (preferably the ‘Bloodlust’ design, as I think it’s a superior design and film compared to the first). Why it wouldn’t happen is because it’s an older IP that is pretty niche. 

A more possible (though not probable) character that I have fallen head over heals with, and who I would love to see in the DD world would be the titular character ‘Belle’ from the recent 2021 film. I don’t think it’ll happen because I don’t know if it has a big enough fan-base. Could be wrong though!

• Like 3

Mo3cha
On 9/13/2022 at 8:50 AM, Arppie said:

I would love if Vampire Hunter D entered the DD world (preferably the ‘Bloodlust’ design, as I think it’s a superior design and film compared to the first). Why it wouldn’t happen is because it’s an older IP that is pretty niche. 

A more possible (though not probable) character that I have fallen head over heals with, and who I would love to see in the DD world would be the titular character ‘Belle’ from the recent 2021 film. I don’t think it’ll happen because I don’t know if it has a big enough fan-base. Could be wrong though!

I just looked this character up and I agree! Would be super cool to get an edgier DD

lildollface

Female and male Ranma Saotome from Ranma 1/2. I know that they're very simple designs, but seeing how Lina Inverse looked as a DDS makes me wish they'd do more retro collabs.

I'd also love to see Hololive's Shiranui Flare and Holostars's Hanazaki Miyabi as dollfie dreams, but it seems like Azone has that contract with the Tokino Sora doll. Also unfortunately, Holostars still aren't at the popularity level for enough fans to demand one 😥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

puxlavoix

I knew there was a thread about impossible collaboration dreams, so im just quoting myself here i guess lol. I believe if Volks had ANY intention of doing any of the girls they would've done it by now, so im pretty sure theres absolutely zero percent chance they'll ever do, not after all these years.

5 minutes ago, puxlavoix said:

Any of the girls from Strike Witches, preferably some of the most popular like Elia, Lynette, Yoshika, Francesca, Sanya. It would be awesome to see Volks' rendition of them and by all means with their plane legs and the helices and all, the mere thought of it omg!! so sexy and badass!! Now it most likely wont never ever happen but oh heck! @onion1@

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

Xiongmao

What are the chances of a Demon Slayer collaboration? I just got the Azone version and I would love to know how Volks would approach the whole bamboo mouth thing.

They could also do Mitsuri Kanroji as a DDdy. That would totally rock, especially as I've not yet seen any really good figures of her.

I guess the encouraging thing is that Volks have just released two trending dolls (Yor Forger, Arcueid Brunestud) so maybe they're going for more popular licenses now.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

finnleo
4 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

Any of the girls from Strike Witches, preferably some of the most popular like Elia, Lynette, Yoshika, Francesca, Sanya. It would be awesome to see Volks' rendition of them and by all means with their plane legs and the helices and all,

Im sort of intrigued dolldemort didnt dabble in this subject, considering the Frame Arms Girls, and Garupa things that popped up from the same creator. But the thing there probably was that Yoshika is short compared to the rest of the gang, apart from Lucchini, and making the main character a 60cm doll would be a bit weird.

I did make a scale Me-109 striker fuselage for fun 15 years ago, and based on that it would be a prosthetic thing. Also sort of been a long thing to re-create one of the original Mig-90 girl illustrations with the partially opened up striker unit that predated the series by Humikane.

Personally Id want Nipa ... Because mink familiar lightning rod.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

nyampo

I think she actually was made by Volks as a doll but reboot of Nana Komatsu or Hachi as she’s known in the series would be great. NANA is my all time favourite manga.

• Like 1

RavenWiccan
On 2/8/2023 at 3:28 AM, Xiongmao said:

What are the chances of a Demon Slayer collaboration? I just got the Azone version and I would love to know how Volks would approach the whole bamboo mouth thing.

They could also do Mitsuri Kanroji as a DDdy. That would totally rock, especially as I've not yet seen any really good figures of her.

I guess the encouraging thing is that Volks have just released two trending dolls (Yor Forger, Arcueid Brunestud) so maybe they're going for more popular licenses now.

spacer.png

I actually just started watching Demon Slayer today and I’m liking it so far. 

Do you think they would give the license to another doll company so soon after Azone making one? I don’t know if there is something about competing companies or something so I’m curious. I know Azone made Utena years ago before Volks tackled her, but I just assumed enough time had passed for the license to run out. But yeah if there isn’t an issue like that then I can absolutely see them making her as I see merch everywhere already if her.

chantelle
50 minutes ago, RavenWiccan said:

Do you think they would give the license to another doll company so soon after Azone making one?

I’m not sure since I don’t really know anything about how licensing works but iirc there wasn’t much of a gap between Azone’s 1/3 Re-Zero collab and Volks’ Re-Zero collab (both made Ram and Rem). I don’t remember how large said gap was but it seemed relatively brief.

Edit: Fact checked and the time was about 2 years (Azone: 2017, Volks: 2019)

Edited by chantelle
  • Like 1

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, RavenWiccan said:

Do you think they would give the license to another doll company so soon after Azone making one?

Usually something like this is decided in the licensing agreement, and it’s most likely the doll company that imposes restrictions to curb competition. (It doesn’t make financial sense for the IP holder to say only one company can make goods of its intellectual property, although Japanese IP holders sometimes act in counterintuitive ways.)

Like @chantelle said, Volks has made DDs of dolls that Azone made in 1/6 scale. I suspect the restriction here was the size and not the IP/characters, so depending on the agreement, it might still be possible for them to make a Nezuko Dollfie.

• Like 1

RavenWiccan
37 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Usually something like this is decided in the licensing agreement, and it’s most likely the doll company that imposes restrictions to curb competition. (It doesn’t make financial sense for the IP holder to say only one company can make goods of its intellectual property, although Japanese IP holders sometimes act in counterintuitive ways.)

Like @chantelle said, Volks has made DDs of dolls that Azone made in 1/6 scale. I suspect the restriction here was the size and not the IP/characters, so depending on the agreement, it might still be possible for them to make a Nezuko Dollfie.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, that the doll companies wouldn’t want to let a competitor release the same doll. But who knows. Maybe they could do her in a couple of years?

Vampurrr

I would absolutely love to see Legend of Mana characters done! Such as Shiloh, Serafina and Pearl.
The money I'd drop on it, and so quickly too lol

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1