Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Rneiro

Obitsu-Parabox-Visuadoll-DollyPop (WIP) Doll Discussion Thread

Rneiro

Meigana

I posted my first picture of Meigana with her new wig (she used to wear a super long pink wig) and her shrine maiden outfit on!

• Like 1

Rneiro
2 hours ago, MrFjmg03 said:

She is so CUTE!!!! She looks awesome in that outfit :)

Thank you! I had so much trouble putting that outfit on her!

I’m thinking about getting a new wig in white or gray to spice things up. Or maybe I could put an emblem on her chest, or stripes on her face, preferably with an airbrush.

Edit: I followed you back on Flickr!

Edited by Rneiro

Rneiro
On 4/18/2021 at 9:20 AM, Testament said:

Lovely!

Thank you!

Guess what? I decided not to buy a Dollfie Dream!

Because.. 

I bought a brand new Obitsu 60cm from Doll Peddlar! My new doll should be arriving tomorrow and I’ll be her first and hopefully last owner!

I made sure to ask for insurance and USPS Priority Mail Express. Never again will I choose a slow shipping method to save money! 

• Like 1

Rneiro

My newest doll arrived today! Her arrival took a bit longer than expected, but I’m glad she’s finally here!

I haven’t thought of a fitting name for GONN 3.0 yet. It will take some days or even a week for me to do that. I took that long to name Meigana when her neck joint and new wig arrived.

For now, my newest arrival will be known as GONN 3.0. I’ll upload pictures of Meigana and GONN 3.0 together sometime soon.

I‘m buying GONN 3.0 a new wig and eyes, as it isn’t looking how I imagined it to. How did I imagine GONN 3.0 to look like, you ask?

Uhhhhhh..

nanika
On 4/17/2021 at 8:42 PM, Rneiro said:

I knew I was forgetting to fix something! I am still learning about these dolls. I will add in the info you gave me, if that is okay with you? And giving credit to you, of course.

Sure, no problem!

Rneiro
On 4/23/2021 at 9:16 PM, nanika said:

Sure, no problem!

Okay, thank you! I’ll add it in sometime.

Rneiro

I got the biggest surprise today. USPS found GONN 1.0, the doll I bought and had shipped out via surface in December. She was finally delivered today! I now have all 3 of my dolls in my physical possession! I’m so happy! Finding and buying clothes and wigs for all 3 is going to be a challenge.

GONN 1.0 is a fixer-upper, so she won’t have on any clothes or wigs on anyways. I have unused parts left over from GONN 3.0 (another Ob60), so they’ll fit perfectly on GONN 1.0. 

I washed and soaked some of the parts I managed to remove in a tub with a soap, hot water and rubbing alcohol mixture. Is it normal for yellowed vinyl to smell bad? It smells just like cigarette smoke! BLECH!!

Meigana had little-to-no yellowing with no noticeable smells when she was unboxed. GONN 3.0 was purchased new and had a new vinyl/plastic smell. GONN 1.0 was purchased used and has heavy yellowing on all of parts and has a very smelly smell!

Also, is it true that yellowing on one part can spread to another if they are directly touching without being moved after a while?

• Like 1

OccultBeast
36 minutes ago, Rneiro said:

Is it normal for yellowed vinyl to smell bad? It smells just like cigarette smoke!

If the doll was exposed to cigarette smoke, yes.  And since you're smelling it, this one was definitely exposed to it.  Cigarette smoke can cause yellowing on things in your home, but considering that dolls change colour over the years regardless of where and how you store them, I doubt the smoke was the cause of the yellowing, and instead is just an unfortunate 'bonus' for you to have to deal with.

You can put all the parts into a bag or plastic container with a lid and a bunch of baking soda.  The baking soda will absorb the smell over a period of a few days (depends how smelly yours is) and you should be good to go from there.  Baldylox also has a 'dryer sheets and freezer' method, if that's more do-able for you: 

Rneiro

Thank you! I’m going to try the baking soda method to get rid of the smell. 

The seller didn’t mention anything about the doll being exposed to cigarette smoke in the description.

Rneiro

Here are pictures of Meigana and GONN 3.0. I took and edited these pictures last night.

Meigana (white hair): "It may not look like it, but I’m the oldest!"

GONN 3.0 (black hair): "..."

Meigana (white hair): "GONN 3.0 doesn’t like taking pictures."

"She’s trying to hide behind me, but it won’t work because I’m shorter than her!"

622F7335-C733-4E64-96EF-05B0B965CAED.jpeg

DAB42868-D5A3-44F6-8F60-CA7C6E6E6CDD.jpeg

• Like 2

OccultBeast
12 minutes ago, Rneiro said:

Thank you! I’m going to try the baking soda method to get rid of the smell. 

The seller didn’t mention anything about the doll being exposed to cigarette smoke in the description.

Best of luck!  It may take a little while, but you can definitely fully remove smells.

It's likely the seller didn't know, if they were the smoker or live with someone who smokes.  You become 'nose blind' to it after a while.  I remember as a kid with two smoking parents, my friends would tell me my clothes smelled, but I couldn't smell it at all.

SleepingElf

Does anyone know how often Parabox restocks their bodies? I'm looking at the 26cm L-bust in white but they are sold out. Just wondering if I should be patient and order from there or grab one off another seller that does have them in stock.

I remember Obitsu bodies costing less a few years ago and being much easier to find when I was collecting Pullip. It looks like they are discontinuing the 27cm however for the new bodies? I think the new ones are pretty cute tbh. Sorry, just rambling!

Tasuke

i'm very fond of the OBITSU 26 myself, best 1/6 doll body to date, IMO.

the M-bust W-skin bodies have blessed my To Heart 2 girls with a brand-new lease on life;

Tamaki_Kousaka_3-21-21_(1).JPG?width=192

Tamaki_Kousaka_3-21-21_(2).JPG?width=192

Tamaki_Kousaka_3-21-21_(3).JPG?width=192

Konomi_Yuzuhara_JOHN_7.jpg?width=1920&he

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12_17_20_(2).J

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12_17_20_(3).J

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

SleepingElf

Your girls look great on the 26cm bodies @Tasuke! I have to agree, I think it is one of the best looking 1/6 bodies I've seen yet.

AzDoll123
On 5/2/2021 at 10:36 AM, SleepingElf said:

Does anyone know how often Parabox restocks their bodies? I'm looking at the 26cm L-bust in white but they are sold out. Just wondering if I should be patient and order from there or grab one off another seller that does have them in stock.

I remember Obitsu bodies costing less a few years ago and being much easier to find when I was collecting Pullip. It looks like they are discontinuing the 27cm however for the new bodies? I think the new ones are pretty cute tbh. Sorry, just rambling!

I'd say to just grab them off the other seller. Just my 0.02 though! Is there a reason to buy from Parabox directly like deals or something similar? Not sure if there are any COVID-related shipping issues for you either!

(From what I remember a long long time ago, getting the "new" bodies-- around from the new 24 cm body onwards-- was a bit tricky!)

SleepingElf
12 hours ago, AzDoll123 said:

I'd say to just grab them off the other seller. Just my 0.02 though! Is there a reason to buy from Parabox directly like deals or something similar? Not sure if there are any COVID-related shipping issues for you either!

(From what I remember a long long time ago, getting the "new" bodies-- around from the new 24 cm body onwards-- was a bit tricky!)

I wanted to grab a second head to use on the 24cm that my current girl is on, so if I could get her new body at the same time that would be convenient ^^

Rneiro

I finally took the plunge and bought Faber-Castell watercolor pencils to try faceups on the blank Parabox Luna head I have. I’m so excited!

Rneiro

Update: I’m finding it really difficult to draw on this doll head.

SleepingElf

Ended up just ordering the body from the other seller.... fingers crossed it arrives quickly and safely! I really hope my current clothes collection fit the larger bust size.

Rneiro

I found an Obitsu 65cm male body for 12,000 yen on Mandarake! I jumped on it as soon as Mandarake updated their available stock at 03:00 AM CST. I hope I got him in time.

Rneiro

In other news, Parabox released 3 new doll heads on May the 2nd.

May is a 1/3 head compatible with 40cm to 50cm doll bodies.

Ren is a 1/3 male head compatible with 40cm to 50cm male bodies.

Jay is a 1/6 male head compatible with 27cm male bodies.

Please check ParaboxShop from time to time to see if new faceup painting options have been released for them!

Rneiro

Yes! I managed to get an Obitsu male 65cm and 2 hair accessories from Mandarake! I’m so happy! My wallet? Not so much. All I can tell it is that old habits die hard.

• Like 2

SleepingElf
7 hours ago, Rneiro said:

Yes! I managed to get an Obitsu male 65cm and 2 hair accessories from Mandarake! I’m so happy! My wallet? Not so much. All I can tell it is that old habits die hard.

Nice! What hair accessories did you snag?