Baldylox

Rneiro

Obitsu-Parabox-Visuadoll-DollyPop (WIP) Doll Discussion Thread

Rneiro

Before de-yellowing (seller’s picture):

8304DEEB-2020-41FA-B6C4-4FB52D32791A.jpeg

OccultBeast
21 minutes ago, Rneiro said:

I wonder if the hydrogen peroxide can be reused.. That’s a lot to pour down the drain.

Yes!  You can keep reusing the hydrogen peroxide multiple times, so you don't have to waste it each time you use it.  Just pour it back into the bottle for another day~  I believe eventually it loses its effectiveness, but it takes some time for that.  Did you use a 3% or 12% solution?  A higher percentage solution will RetroBrite faster of course, so for very yellowed parts you may want to try upping your solution.  You could also buy some UV LED lights to create a UV bath container to have the most effect, but it's great to see that it did indeed work for you!  Best of luck if you decide to throw the parts in for another bath~

• Thanks 1

Rneiro
23 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Yes!  You can keep reusing the hydrogen peroxide multiple times, so you don't have to waste it each time you use it.  Just pour it back into the bottle for another day~  I believe eventually it loses its effectiveness, but it takes some time for that.  Did you use a 3% or 12% solution?  A higher percentage solution will RetroBrite faster of course, so for very yellowed parts you may want to try upping your solution.  You could also buy some UV LED lights to create a UV bath container to have the most effect, but it's great to see that it did indeed work for you!  Best of luck if you decide to throw the parts in for another bath~

Thanks! That’s good to know. I forgot to add that there is a very small amount of isopropyl alcohol in the mixture.

Rneiro

I’m so happy! ParaboxShop fans and customers rejoice! I sent in a suggestion to Parabox Japan for faceup design practice sheets a few days ago and they just emailed me that they added them today! I will add the picture they sent me here.

1DD73687-94DF-483E-B070-D0D48F282235.png

• Like 3

Rneiro

Awawawawawa...

I haven’t posted on here in awhile!

I have some updates on my dolls.

I bought AZO2 thighs and a new pair of ankles for GONN 5.0. All she'd be missing were a head and chest. I’m considering one of the AZO2 busts. I would really like a huge AP bust, but her waist is too small! I hope this won’t count as NSFW!

77F47971-E5E5-473C-9D4A-6CB23DC6FA1E.jpeg.11298b4798edad11d28fa729fbdb7e01.jpeg

I bought a few used stretchy dresses and a see-through nightgown from Y!JA today.

Yesterday, I found high quality secondhand wigs on Mandarake Fukuoka and am awaiting an invoice. I hope the wigs I chose are still there!

Update: They are! I can’t wait for my dolls to try them on!53F9C6A9-A0D9-4D3B-8281-D6F6F34EDEDC.jpeg.2c9cd2be4f120ca5f9b59e9210e8cf72.jpeg

Edited by Rneiro
Updating and trimming the bottom picture.

Rneiro

Still waiting for Parabox to reopen ordering for Parabox Luna D. I emailed them nearly a week ago asking when the head will be restocked and they said the artist who paints the Luna D faceup has been out sick. GONN 5.0 still needs a head!

So far, her body is/will be an AZO2 torso, Angel Philia C4 bust and Parabox shins and arms.

In other unrelated news, I won a used Dollfie Dream f3 in auction yesterday! I’m so excited! It’s almost in time for my 19th birthday on the 16th.

dunceclown

@Rneiro that's so exciting! I look forward to seeing what you do with her! and happy early birthday :)

Rneiro
18 hours ago, dunceclown said:

@Rneiro that's so exciting! I look forward to seeing what you do with her! and happy early birthday :)

Thank you! I’m so excited that my "new" DD has been shipped by the seller! It’ll be waiting among my other doll-related purchases.

• Like 1

Rneiro

Here is a picture of my 6 dolls together. I covered up the most significant parts with white markings and the male doll is covering his.. area with his hand. 

16BA5354-F180-46C6-BB1A-67F1110E6383.jpeg

• Like 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Someone posted on FB that Parabox isn't carrying the 27 cm soft bust bodies anymore (actually, they said Parabox was "discontinuing" them).

Can anyone confirm? Obitsu still lists 27 cm soft bodies for sale, but I don't see them listed on Parabox.

Rneiro
1 hour ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Someone posted on FB that Parabox isn't carrying the 27 cm soft bust bodies anymore (actually, they said Parabox was "discontinuing" them).

Can anyone confirm? Obitsu still lists 27 cm soft bodies for sale, but I don't see them listed on Parabox.

Err.. I need to check! I’m not too familiar with 1/6 Obitsu/Parabox dolls!

Rneiro

In other news, I have successfully switched the elbows on my male Obitsu 65! It was difficult and time-consuming because I didn’t have the right tools! I’ll take picture of him in some time.

It took me hours to sand the arm sticks, widen the insides of the elbows and trim the arm holes so it would fit.

I considered buying 2 more pairs of 50cm elbows and making the switch on my other 2 Obitsu 60s, no thanks! It’d be a lot easier and faster with a drill, hard file and a strong plastic cutter. But still, I’m very happy with the results.

0244F944-923D-4AD3-8BDC-B7A72F1EE8EF.jpeg

FADA9C84-EB64-4EC7-8E17-E00963F4B167.jpeg

Edited by Rneiro
Quick unedited pictures of my Obitsu 65 male after switching to Obitsu 50cm elbows.
  • Like 1

Tasuke
9 hours ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

TBH, the OBITSU 26 is a COLOSSAL improvement over the 27, so it's retirement would certainly be no loss at all for me at least, YMMV, of course...

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12-17-20_1_RES

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12-17-20_2_RES

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12-17-20_3_RES

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

MaleficentMrsofEvil

@Rneiro-- I contacted them. Thanks for the link!

@Tasuke-- I have one of each. The 26 cm body is nice - it's just... I don't know. A little small? You wouldn't think 1 cm would make that much of a difference, but it really does for me.

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Just received an email from Parabox - they said that Obitsu is discontinuing the 27 cm SBH bodies.

Should I also post this in news? Parabox didn't include a link to the Obitsu announcement.

Rneiro
13 hours ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Just received an email from Parabox - they said that Obitsu is discontinuing the 27 cm SBH bodies.

Should I also post this in news? Parabox didn't include a link to the Obitsu announcement.

Yes. I believe you should post it in the news. I also think you should include that it has not been formally or widely announced on their website or social media pages yet (unless they’ve already done so).

Rneiro
On 10/14/2021 at 11:20 AM, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

@Rneiro-- I contacted them. Thanks for the link!

@Tasuke-- I have one of each. The 26 cm body is nice - it's just... I don't know. A little small? You wouldn't think 1 cm would make that much of a difference, but it really does for me.

Oh yeah, I added the Parabox mobile inquiry form link in the Parabox section (number 1) on the first page of this thread! For further reference..

Why isn’t desktop there? Because I do most on-the-fly stuff on my phone and don’t want to go through the trouble of using my slow dinosaur of a laptop.

I think I could see myself creating and painting the head of my own 1/6 or 1/4 original character.

I want to create a Nendroid/Obitsuroid of my sweetie nephew as a Pokémon trainer to give to him on his 6th birthday (next month). It’ll be his to keep up with! 

It’d be cool if Parabox sold Luna heads in that scale. I'd have a mini-Meigana!

I am referencing the product picture in which Gretel 60 or 47 is holding a Gretel27 doll! What if my dolls had their own dolls? My excitement and anticipation is building..

Wait. Wouldn’t it be weird for a doll to have their own doll? My excitement and anticipation is waning..

The 1/4 and 1/6 dolls would be cheaper, safer and easier to carry around and mess with.

ragnamuffin
5 hours ago, Rneiro said:

What if my dolls had their own dolls?

I was actually thinking of giving my 1/3 Obitsu a 1/12 Picconeemo to be her doll. Didn’t go through with it in the end because I didn’t like the look of the 1/12 in person, but I still like the idea of a doll having her own doll 😆

• Like 1

Rneiro

I keep thinking about how much I want to build my own mannequin. It would also function as a bust holder and floating head holder. I'd create smaller bust stands to hold my floating heads for when I want to paint. 

This would be an expensive endeavor. That’s for sure.

My mannequin would have an Obitsu frame, neck joint, torso, arms, and a thigh connector (but no legs). It would be attached to a platform or block.

For the outer skin parts, it would have either DollyPop 50 or 60 bottom and torso parts. For the bust, it would have an Angel Philia H-type series bust or a DollyPop 60 Dynamite bust.

It would be easier to have separate 50cm and 60cm mannequins. It would be too troublesome to switch the 50cm and 60cm parts every time I decide I want to model on the other.

Edited by Rneiro
  • Like 1

Rneiro
On 10/20/2021 at 6:28 PM, ragnamuffin said:

I was actually thinking of giving my 1/3 Obitsu a 1/12 Picconeemo to be her doll. Didn’t go through with it in the end because I didn’t like the look of the 1/12 in person, but I still like the idea of a doll having her own doll 😆

If I did that, then I should make sure all my dolls have their own outfits (not a robe) first! Imagine if your 1/3 dolls had their own fully clothed 1/4 or 1/6 scale dolls but not have any clothing on themselves! Embarrassing.. In my opinion.

• Haha 1

Rneiro
On 7/31/2021 at 8:04 PM, OccultBeast said:

I have a question.. Is RetroBrite safe to use on Obitsu and/or Dollfie Dream vinyl or should I stick to plain hydrogen peroxide instead?

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, Rneiro said:

If I did that, then I should make sure all my dolls have their own outfits (not a robe) first! Imagine if your 1/3 dolls had their own fully clothed 1/4 or 1/6 scale dolls but not have any clothing on themselves! Embarrassing.. In my opinion.

I’ve considered having them wear the same outfit. Not sure if that’s cute or creepy… 🤔

OccultBeast
On 11/2/2021 at 9:06 PM, Rneiro said:

I have a question.. Is RetroBrite safe to use on Obitsu and/or Dollfie Dream vinyl or should I stick to plain hydrogen peroxide instead?

"RetroBrite" refers only to the method, not a product itself.  Most RetroBriting is done with hydrogen peroxide, but some use 40 volume cream developer (but personally I think using the liquid is easier anyway).

Rneiro
On 11/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, OccultBeast said:

"RetroBrite" refers only to the method, not a product itself.  Most RetroBriting is done with hydrogen peroxide, but some use 40 volume cream developer (but personally I think using the liquid is easier anyway).

Cream developer? I have some questions.. 

Do you know which method (hydrogen peroxide or cream) is most effective in removing the most yellowing the fastest?

Can it be used in place of Dream Rescue for color stain removal?

And can it be used without sun or UV light or is light a must?