Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monodramatic

Obitsu 27cm Male/Female Hybrid

monodramatic

hello! i had a quick question about swapping out obitsu parts. sorry if this is a super remedial question, im new to obitsus and i couldnt find an answer. im looking to make an androgynous male character, and ideally i would like to swap a male chest onto a female body. i know the smallest chest size is fairly flat, but i want something a little broader, and something that will look masculine without a shirt on. specifically im looking to put a chico 27cm chest piece onto a chica 27cm body.

• Like 1

Damiensdolls

I have a male obitsu 27cm body and a female obitsu 27cm body and I love this sort of thing so I tried this out to see if it works!

*note that I only have the SBH female body so I’m not sure how it would’ve turned out if I used the hard-bust body.

Aesthetically speaking, the male chest doesn’t blend in super well with the female torso because it’s too wide at the bottom, but I was surprised to see that the upper peg of the female torso joint actually fits into the hole on the bottom of the male chest part! However, the vinyl piece on the female torso is too tall at the top to let the bottom peg of the torso joint reach where it’s supposed to plug into the pelvis joint, so you would have to cut off the excess vinyl at the top to make it go down all the way. Here’s some pictures to help you understand what I mean:

(I’m not sure how to tag my reply as nsfw but there is doll nudity in the pictures! ^^”)

https://imgur.com/a/nJF9Tuu

(the pictures posted out of order for some reason so I just put numbers in the descriptions of each picture so you know what order to look at them in)

Edited by Damiensdolls

monodramatic
On 2/26/2021 at 8:04 PM, Damiensdolls said:

I have a male obitsu 27cm body and a female obitsu 27cm body and I love this sort of thing so I tried this out to see if it works!

*note that I only have the SBH female body so I’m not sure how it would’ve turned out if I used the hard-bust body.

Aesthetically speaking, the male chest doesn’t blend in super well with the female torso because it’s too wide at the bottom, but I was surprised to see that the upper peg of the female torso joint actually fits into the hole on the bottom of the male chest part! However, the vinyl piece on the female torso is too tall at the top to let the bottom peg of the torso joint reach where it’s supposed to plug into the pelvis joint, so you would have to cut off the excess vinyl at the top to make it go down all the way. Here’s some pictures to help you understand what I mean:

(I’m not sure how to tag my reply as nsfw but there is doll nudity in the pictures! ^^”)

https://imgur.com/a/nJF9Tuu

(the pictures posted out of order for some reason so I just put numbers in the descriptions of each picture so you know what order to look at them in)

wow, thank you! this is super helpful! this is exactly the sort of thing i was worried would happen, and im on a pretty tight budget so i didnt want to buy two dolls just to find out the parts wouldnt match up well. thank you for your help!

Damiensdolls
3 hours ago, monodramatic said:

wow, thank you! this is super helpful! this is exactly the sort of thing i was worried would happen, and im on a pretty tight budget so i didnt want to buy two dolls just to find out the parts wouldnt match up well. thank you for your help!

Of course! ^w^ ((Also, I like your profile picture of Haruki! I just finished rewatching Given and watched the movie a few days ago, it was really good!))

Starwaia

Thanks to @Damiensdolls' demonstration I'm thinking that such a hybrid could really suit a robotic or mecha character with broad shoulders! I like the look but I'm sure finding fitting clothing would be next to impossible.

Edit: Or someone with permanent armor... food for thought.

Edited by Starwaia
new idea

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!