MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
monkeypizzasonic

Volks Dollfie Plus 2021

monkeypizzasonic

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dollfieplus2021/

62297b31ff2c9bc9efd7fe1d9c363d15.jpg

Looks like Volks is going to be selling some of their old 1/6 doll stock as DIY kits! The heads are a bit "generic anime", but I'm excited for the potential and it would be nice to see Volks delve into 1/6 vinyl products again.

Info from the site:

Currently, we are focusing on the development of large Dollfie products such as SD and DD, and the new development of 1/6 Dollfie has been suspended for a long time.
Even so, every time I saw the 1/6 Dollfie sleeping in the warehouse, I wanted to "deliver these children to our customers."

Therefore, this year, 20 years after its release, we decided to implement the 1/6 Dollfie Adoption Project], which combines the inventory at that time and gradually delivers it to the desired customers!

The body is the same as it was at the time of development. The dress is also coordinated from the stock.
Head has been remodeled from a newly modeled child and the previous model so that it can be customized to various styles.
These dolls ask the owner to process, make up, and install.
Maybe it has deteriorated and needs to be fixed.
Would you still wake up the Dollfies in the warehouse and welcome them into your home?
We appreciate your understanding and love.

abs2891

I picked one of these up.  To compensate for my struggling makeup skills I swapped out the eyes lol  I’m actually impressed by the amount they put in these for the price.  I did need some wig tape to keep the wig on her head though.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Naked Doll Body: https://flic.kr/p/2kVa4MM

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Bellatrix

That's such a reasonable price for these dollies! I believe that they literally had a ton of them available and are trying to reduce the stock.

They are fairly cute, especially the 02 head. the 01 looks a bit like Stewie Griffin to me 😛

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

AzDoll123

Interesting to see DD in 1/6! Maybe they will work on expanding this line!

Satsuki_Yatohji

They are lovely. Any idea if Volks will release them on the website?

Yu_Demi

I got both in 01 & 02. Atm, I'm practicing on face-up so hopefully the outcome will be alright. 

• Like 1

Shamrock

On 4/27/2021 at 1:25 AM, abs2891 said:

I picked one of these up.  To compensate for my struggling makeup skills I swapped out the eyes lol  I’m actually impressed by the amount they put in these for the price.  I did need some wig tape to keep the wig on her head though.

She is so cute! 

My husband got two Reiwa 1 dolls at Dolpa and thought he got Reiwa 1 and Reiwa 2.   We haven't done face-ups on them yet and I was considering gluing eyelashes on them.

abs2891
5 hours ago, Shamrock said:

She is so cute! 

My husband got two Reiwa 1 dolls at Dolpa and thought he got Reiwa 1 and Reiwa 2.   We haven't done face-ups on them yet and I was considering gluing eyelashes on them.

Oops - could see how it could happen though.  I got so distracted by finding a wig I liked, I forgot to look at her clothes - I just got lucky her outfit was pretty cute.  

I think eyelashes would look nice - definitely feel like these are good to experiment with given the material doesn’t seem like it will stain 

Shamrock
2 hours ago, abs2891 said:

I think eyelashes would look nice - definitely feel like these are good to experiment with given the material doesn’t seem like it will stain 

We were thinking the same thing. 

Regarding staining, I was worried and I guess the vinyl or whatever material is harder to stain?  Nothing so far.

abs2891
50 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

We were thinking the same thing. 

Regarding staining, I was worried and I guess the vinyl or whatever material is harder to stain?  Nothing so far.

Yeah, I’m actually kinda confused what this doll is made up of - the hands are soft so I guess soft vinyl, the body seems like plastic, but the head I really don’t know.  A really hard vinyl maybe?  Whatever it is, yeah, seems pretty stain resistant which is nice.

Wasabi

I didn't know they made these in the past!

At first I thought I'd be pretty interested in these, but their overall aesthetic seems a bit different from the other DDs and is not my thing. If the aesthetic (especially the face) would be closer to the fill size DDs having one in 1/6th to dress up in fashion doll clothing would be the cutest.

AliensOfGold

That unpainted face reminded me of Kuato.

lildollface

I wish I had known about these sooner! They're all so cute and I love the OOAK, DIY approach to these kits. They would have been perfect for in-scale "dolls" for my dolls to collect as well.