Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AliensOfGold

Volks GL Membership

Luden333

Where do you sign up I can’t find a link anywhere

Luden333

Not sure why I can put my email into here its a bit confusing. Has anyone signed up for the Japanese site? 

Sorry I can’t insert the image for some reason so here’s the link

https://imgur.com/gallery/bw7qcR0

abs2891

Yeah, you just put your whole email in the top box

then the lower two you retype it while splitting it around the @ symbol the provide 

Luden333

I tried this with multiple emails but nothing has worked

Edit: 

• Confirmation e-mail address is not correct. (PC mail address)

This is the error i get 

Edited by Luden333
Needed more info for context

abs2891

Sorry, not sure what’s up.  I just used my gmail account and had no issues.  Looked like this:

99CF719B-5714-4F44-A651-7E1B04549B90.jpeg.1eaa5bd0149b1e83af9f7332192f46c3.jpeg

Luden333

I tried with another email and it worked now, thanks for the help not really sure what was wrong there.

• Like 1

abs2891
1 minute ago, Luden333 said:

I tried with another email and it worked now, thanks for the help not really sure what was wrong there.

Japanese websites being cranky about things definitely happens - glad it worked out in the end.

AliensOfGold

I applied for GL membership almost two weeks ago. Am I meant to get an email telling me it's ready to use?

My account just shows this:

spacer.png

OccultBeast
29 minutes ago, AliensOfGold said:

I applied for GL membership almost two weeks ago. Am I meant to get an email telling me it's ready to use?

My account just shows this:

What it's showing you is that your GL Membership payment was approved and you're now a GL (Global) Member.  They don't email you about it, it just happens sometime after you pay for the membership upgrade, and you have to go into your account to check if it's active or not.  When you're not a GL Member it says something different under Member Rank, but I can't remember what for the life of me right now.

AliensOfGold
3 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

What it's showing you is that your GL Membership payment was approved and you're now a GL (Global) Member.

Right so I can purchase now with reckless abandon and rake in all those bonus points💀

• Haha 3

Hiruma
On 7/2/2021 at 6:32 PM, OccultBeast said:

When you're not a GL Member it says something different under Member Rank, but I can't remember what for the life of me right now.

I believe membership rank is "VOLKS Online Customer" for those without the GL membership in case anyone is wondering!

• Thanks 2

RyuichiSakuma13

Okay, I have some questions, but let me see if I understand how the GL membership works: 

1.) If you join GL and you live outside of Japan, and you're shopping via online, you get 1 point for every 100 yen.

2.) You can order pre-order items during the pre-order period.  (Does this mean that you can NOT pre-order if you don't get the GL membership?)

3.) You can participate in apply for paid member items and events.  (Do they have online items and events for members in other countries?)

4.) You can NOT pre-order items if you're NOT a paid member, such as the Len reboot currently going on?  (So do you HAVE to be a paid member to preorder?)

5.) If you're in Japan, you can go to Tenshi-no-Sato.  (Do they have a special event of any kind if you're not in Japan when Tenshi-no-Sato happens?)

It seems to me that in you're in Japan, this is a nice thing to be a member of, but if you're outside of Japan, its only good for buying dolls and items.  Am I correct in thinking this?

Here is the link where I'm getting my questions from:

https://www.volks.co.jp/cs/members/

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
Clarification

BeyondTime
18 minutes ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

2.) You can order pre-order items during the pre-order period.  (Does this mean that you can NOT pre-order if you don't get the GL membership?)

It depends on whether or not the item has the GL logo. 

21 minutes ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

You can NOT pre-order items if you're NOT a paid member, such as the Len reboot currently going on?  (So do you HAVE to be a paid member to preorder?)

I don't see the GL logo on the Rin / Len page  

22 minutes ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

It seems to me that in you're in Japan, this is a nice thing to be a member of, but if you're outside of Japan, its only good for buying dolls and items.  Am I correct in thinking this?

In Japan you can be a VS/VIP member. GL specifically provides benefits to people overseas, with some perks for those who visit Japan.  

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

Unless you’re going to Japan soon or want a specific GL only item, I don’t think there’s a lot of value in getting it unless you specifically get it before buying a doll - whether it’s one you need GL for or not. This is because you’ll get a bunch of points for that doll that cancel out the membership cost anyway, so it’ll be like getting the additional perks for ‘free’.

ie I renewed my membership to enter a photo contest - didn’t win, but I don’t mind because this way I will get a bunch of points when Kaito ships. (The points are added after shipment, not payment)

54 minutes ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

5.) If you're in Japan, you can go to Tenshi-no-Sato.  (Do they have a special event of any kind if you're not in Japan when Tenshi-no-Sato happens?)

I’m a bit confused by this question. Tenshi no Sato isn’t something that ‘happens’, it’s a place - a members only SD museum/store/facility/cafe/garden in Kyoto, so you do have to be in Japan to visit it, yes. Before GL membership existed non-JP residents had to apply for a special one-day membership thing by contacting Sato in advance, but GL has rendered that obsolete.

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 1

RyuichiSakuma13
On 2/11/2023 at 2:15 AM, BeyondTime said:

It depends on whether or not the item has the GL logo. 

I don't see the GL logo on the Rin / Len page  

In Japan you can be a VS/VIP member. GL specifically provides benefits to people overseas, with some perks for those who visit Japan.  

I don't see the "GL" logo on the SNOW MIKU 2023 "Fuyuurara" outfit I want to get, nor on the Rin/Len page that my partner is interested in, so I think we're both okay.  Thank you. 🙂

23 hours ago, Monty said:

Unless you’re going to Japan soon or want a specific GL only item, I don’t think there’s a lot of value in getting it unless you specifically get it before buying a doll - whether it’s one you need GL for or not. This is because you’ll get a bunch of points for that doll that cancel out the membership cost anyway, so it’ll be like getting the additional perks for ‘free’.

ie I renewed my membership to enter a photo contest - didn’t win, but I don’t mind because this way I will get a bunch of points when Kaito ships. (The points are added after shipment, not payment)

I’m a bit confused by this question. Tenshi no Sato isn’t something that ‘happens’, it’s a place - a members only SD museum/store/facility/cafe/garden in Kyoto, so you do have to be in Japan to visit it, yes. Before GL membership existed non-JP residents had to apply for a special one-day membership thing by contacting Sato in advance, but GL has rendered that obsolete.

I'm going to use your advice and recommend that my partner get the GL membership, since chances are at buying least one extra outfit for each doll are probably pretty high.  After all, any money saved is great!

Being new to Volks and to vinyl dolls in general, I am unfamiliar with exactly what "Tenshi no Sato" is/was. 😊 Thank you for clarifying.  

I know I have a LOT to learn about this aspect of doll collecting, so please bear with me as I learn.  Its a pretty interesting hobby, and I'm kind of soaking up so many new things after being in the BJD/resin side of doll collecting for so many years.

Ryu

• Like 1

That_Dollfie_Dude
14 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Being new to Volks and to vinyl dolls in general, I am unfamiliar with exactly what "Tenshi no Sato" is/was. 😊 Thank you for clarifying.  

I know I have a LOT to learn about this aspect of doll collecting, so please bear with me as I learn.  Its a pretty interesting hobby, and I'm kind of soaking up so many new things after being in the BJD/resin side of doll collecting for so many years.

No worries!  You should know that Tenshi no Sato is the home of Super Dollfie, which are the resin dolls.  In fact, you're not even allowed to bring Dollfie Dream dolls to Tenshi no Sato, even though they are made by Volks!  Tenshi no Sato is exclusively for Super Dollfie.  The home store for Dollfie Dream is Doll Point Akihabara on the 8th floor of Rajio Kaikan. 

• Like 1

RyuichiSakuma13
7 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

No worries!  You should know that Tenshi no Sato is the home of Super Dollfie, which are the resin dolls.  In fact, you're not even allowed to bring Dollfie Dream dolls to Tenshi no Sato, even though they are made by Volks!  Tenshi no Sato is exclusively for Super Dollfie.  The home store for Dollfie Dream is Doll Point Akihabara on the 8th floor of Rajio Kaikan. 

7 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

WOW!  Both places are so cool! 

If I ever visit Japan, Miku and I will be sure to hit up Doll Point Akihabara!  Than you for explaining both, and especially for the links.  Seeing both made things so much clearer.

Ryu

• Like 2

mamiyaotaru

I wasnt aware of this. Mainly because bringing a dollfie overseas on solo trip is stressful haha

RyuichiSakuma13
On 10/29/2023 at 5:29 AM, mamiyaotaru said:

I wasnt aware of this. Mainly because bringing a dollfie overseas on solo trip is stressful haha

I flew with a SD-sized resin BJD in my carry-on luggage, so I honestly don't see why it would be very difficult for a vinyl doll to do the same if/when you fly.

Ryu

Rajke

Is it possible that without GL account:

that you put a doll in your chart, checking out, chart empty? 
@onion7@

Happened when I wanted to order Elsa SD. In the end after 38 attempts I gave up. This was a very frustrating experience. (On top of a webshop that is absolutely not user friendly, they could learn a thing of two from CJ about that)

@onion20@   This is a signature.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Rajke said:

Happened when I wanted to order Elsa SD. In the end after 38 attempts I gave up. This was a very frustrating experience. (On top of a webshop that is absolutely not user friendly, they could learn a thing of two from CJ about that)

Elsa was marked Japan only in her product page. If you aren't logged in, you can cart the Disney products, but they drop out of your cart as soon as you login and they see your region. Elsa was only available to the North American market through Volks USA. Presumably, Volks USA had a license to sell her in North America, and Volks Japan did not.

I had that happen with Jasmine's gemstone shoes.  

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Rajke
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Elsa was marked Japan only in her product page. If you aren't logged in, you can cart the Disney products, but they drop out of your cart as soon as you login and they see your region. Elsa was only available to the North American market through Volks USA. Presumably, Volks USA had a license to sell her in North America, and Volks Japan did not.

I had that happen with Jasmine's gemstone shoes.  

That explains a lot. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.