Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

abs2891

Face Reshape

abs2891

I still don’t feel confident trying a whole face up, so I decided to get a random completed head from Volks. My selection ended up being a DDH-08.  Skin tone was flesh, though it seemed to run a bit dark compared to new flesh items when I checked with store staff.  For the sake of trying it out, I put her on Miku’s body anyways to see if I liked her on a DD body. 

spacer.png

I didn’t hate the look, but I wasn’t sold, so I began to consider other options and arrived at the conclusion that if the chin could be less pointy, then she’d be cute as a MDD. So, I went to work.

First up, I removed the eyes (and experimented with what I’d put in later)

spacer.png

And then began the process of sanding, and sanding, and sanding some more.  I both did a little bit inside the head to make the eyes sit more flush and then for the chin, started with 400 grit and eventually polished up to 3000.  Was a little worried bc her lower face was starting to look a different color from the rest but, the polishing let me blend and work that out, leaving just the eye selection and getting everything put together. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you’re thinking, wait the mouth changed too, yeah, wasn’t the plan, but one hand slip and I had to decide what to do to make things work.  In the end I’m going to consider it a “happy accident” ala Bob Ross bc I am pretty happy with how it turned out though maybe someday in the future when I’m feeling bold I’ll repaint her lips.

and the remnants of my 3ish hour struggle lol 

spacer.png

In terms of final thoughts, would agree with sentiments expressed elsewhere that it definitely would be easier on your hands to start with a dremel haha still happy to report it can be done by hand if you’re willing to just keep on sanding 😉

• Like 4

Awww I love DDH-08 and had a feeling she'd make a great MDD too. So happy to see that's true with a little modding. ^3^

cho-emi

awesome job! the sanding definitely gave a more softer innocent vibe!

• Like 1

Tasuke
On 4/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, abs2891 said:

spacer.png

She's Lovely

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

RikunFrances

The new rounded face is so cute! I think you did a great job. Also big props for hand sanding all of that, I can feel the hand cramps from here.

abs2891
2 hours ago, RikunFrances said:

The new rounded face is so cute! I think you did a great job. Also big props for hand sanding all of that, I can feel the hand cramps from here.

Yeah my hand was not impressed after lol 

• Like 1