Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

simsimmerton77

Regular or Smooth bust?

simsimmerton77

Hi All,

Over the past few months (new to this hobby) I have been browsing the Smartdoll website.  There's several models I think are fantastic.  But I cannot get past the smooth bust part.

Do all smart dolls have a smooth bust (barbie body???) or is this just the current models they have available?  I was trying to figure out how to ask this question without being a total creep! 😄  Call it what you like, but the smooth bust seems just odd to me.

Thanks!

That_Dollfie_Dude

CJ (Culture Japan - the official Smartdoll store) stopped selling the busts with nipples / paint a little while ago.  It was a staple of their store, but speculation is that they were pulled from the market in order to appear more child-friendly.  The question of who the target audience is has been debated up and down, so no need to go through that here.  The short answer is that you can't buy them from CJ.

However, there are some new aftermarket options you might be interested in.  Adyaka is about to release her "flex bust" for smart doll. They aren't painted, but there are nipples and they seem to be a lot softer / squishier than the typical SmD vinyl bust.  Maybe this will be what you're looking for!

Edited by That_Dollfie_Dude
  • Like 3

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, kaptinbadruck said:

Do all smart dolls have a smooth bust (barbie body???) or is this just the current models they have available?  I was trying to figure out how to ask this question without being a total creep! 😄  Call it what you like, but the smooth bust seems just odd to me.

Some people prefer the flat look for clothes, and others think the lack of nipples looks off. 

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

simsimmerton77
44 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Some people prefer the flat look for clothes, and others think the lack of nipples looks off. 

Agreed, thanks.

simsimmerton77
1 hour ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

CJ (Culture Japan - the official Smartdoll store) stopped selling the busts with nipples / paint a little while ago.  It was a staple of their store, but speculation is that they were pulled from the market in order to appear more child-friendly.  The question of who the target audience is has been debated up and down, so no need to go through that here.  The short answer is that you can't buy them from CJ.

However, there are some new aftermarket options you might be interested in.  Adyaka is about to release her "flex bust" for smart doll. They aren't painted, but there are nipples and they seem to be a lot softer / squishier than the typical SmD vinyl bust.  Maybe this will be what you're looking for!

Thank you.  That makes sense. 

On 4/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Adyaka is about to release her "flex bust" for smart doll. They aren't painted, but there are nipples and they seem to be a lot softer / squishier than the typical SmD vinyl bust.  Maybe this will be what you're looking for!

Thank you SO MUCH for linking this. I had no idea it existed and was lamenting the nipple busts being gone, the other stuff in their shop is pretty cute too. Signed up for that waitlist. >:]

ChrisFhey

Is there any place you could potentially still get the original busts with nipples for Smart Dolls? (second hand or otherwise)
I was hoping to get myself a Tea coloured Smart Doll at some point, but I'm not a fan of those barbie style busts at all. :(

If not, I suppose I'll try and get my hands on one of those flex busts as well.

Lurks

I'm also sad that busts with nipples aren't available from Culture Japan anymore. I just barely missed being able to get them, when Danny Choo presumably switched over to the smooth busts to be more child-friendly or whatever.

I recognize people might like the smooth busts for the previously stated reason or because they don't like the nipples being noticeable through the clothing, but one of the reasons why I like these kind of vinyl dolls and the ball-jointed resin kind is because they don't shy away from human anatomy like, say, Barbie does. The nipple-less busts look very...weird to me. Again, the ideal for me would be to have both smooth and nipple-having busts available as options because there are genuine advantages to the smooth look, but it's sad that I'll never get a chance to get an official CJ bust with nipples again. Discontinued Smart Doll parts are extremely hard to get on the aftermarket, too.

I guess I'll have to look into getting one of these flex busts eventually...

• Like 1

simsimmerton77
On 5/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, Lurks said:

I'm also sad that busts with nipples aren't available from Culture Japan anymore. I just barely missed being able to get them, when Danny Choo presumably switched over to the smooth busts to be more child-friendly or whatever.

I recognize people might like the smooth busts for the previously stated reason or because they don't like the nipples being noticeable through the clothing, but one of the reasons why I like these kind of vinyl dolls and the ball-jointed resin kind is because they don't shy away from human anatomy like, say, Barbie does. The nipple-less busts look very...weird to me. Again, the ideal for me would be to have both smooth and nipple-having busts available as options because there are genuine advantages to the smooth look, but it's sad that I'll never get a chance to get an official CJ bust with nipples again. Discontinued Smart Doll parts are extremely hard to get on the aftermarket, too.

I guess I'll have to look into getting one of these flex busts eventually...

I agree 100% and I am in the same boat as you.  Though, as they say "Never say Never'.

AliensOfGold

Wow! That bust looks good. The clothes they make there are really cute too.

no word on when the bust will be available or any sign of sign up.

Figura4

I agree with you. I I want to buy a Mirai, but I would like to get the old soft M-size bust with nipples, I think they are more realistic. I did not know they had existed and I think is a mistake to remove them.

MysticBlue02

I’m really glad I’m not crazy! I could have sworn I saw smaller busts with “headlights” kind of a bummer rhey don’t sell them anymore even in a limited/ certain times of the year capacity. 
BUT I was looking on Etsy the other day they seem to have a few XL busts with nipples and then I saw this https://www.etsy.com/listing/1089309540/nipple-3d-painted-add-on-for-smart-dolls?ref=sim_anchor

someone will 3D paint a bust u send in looked interesting 

ChrisFhey

That looks like an interesting concept, but I don't think the quality of the end product with that method is particularly nice looking. At least, not to me.

I bought a cocoa headlights bust even though I don’t have a cocoa girl yet, but I’m planning on buying one in future. I really want a milk headlights bust but it’ll be hard to find. I wish he hadn’t took away the headlights busts or the milk vinyl.

Edited by Guest