Jump to content

Jezrah

Veravey

di-chan123

ChrisFhey

Tierparkzone

Kotone

puxlavoix

Chiakisenpai

apag22

DesertPhantom51

BeyondTime

Deyja

Monty

MADh Vinyl

Chise

Testament

Yami Usagi

Kizuna & Chitose

Baldylox

simsimmerton77

Regular or Smooth bust?

Recommended Posts

simsimmerton77

Hi All,

Over the past few months (new to this hobby) I have been browsing the Smartdoll website.  There's several models I think are fantastic.  But I cannot get past the smooth bust part.

Do all smart dolls have a smooth bust (barbie body???) or is this just the current models they have available?  I was trying to figure out how to ask this question without being a total creep! 😄  Call it what you like, but the smooth bust seems just odd to me.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That_Dollfie_Dude
Posted (edited)

CJ (Culture Japan - the official Smartdoll store) stopped selling the busts with nipples / paint a little while ago.  It was a staple of their store, but speculation is that they were pulled from the market in order to appear more child-friendly.  The question of who the target audience is has been debated up and down, so no need to go through that here.  The short answer is that you can't buy them from CJ.

However, there are some new aftermarket options you might be interested in.  Adyaka is about to release her "flex bust" for smart doll. They aren't painted, but there are nipples and they seem to be a lot softer / squishier than the typical SmD vinyl bust.  Maybe this will be what you're looking for!

Edited by That_Dollfie_Dude
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
2 hours ago, kaptinbadruck said:

Do all smart dolls have a smooth bust (barbie body???) or is this just the current models they have available?  I was trying to figure out how to ask this question without being a total creep! 😄  Call it what you like, but the smooth bust seems just odd to me.

 

Some people prefer the flat look for clothes, and others think the lack of nipples looks off. 

  • Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simsimmerton77
44 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Some people prefer the flat look for clothes, and others think the lack of nipples looks off. 

Agreed, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simsimmerton77
1 hour ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

CJ (Culture Japan - the official Smartdoll store) stopped selling the busts with nipples / paint a little while ago.  It was a staple of their store, but speculation is that they were pulled from the market in order to appear more child-friendly.  The question of who the target audience is has been debated up and down, so no need to go through that here.  The short answer is that you can't buy them from CJ.

However, there are some new aftermarket options you might be interested in.  Adyaka is about to release her "flex bust" for smart doll. They aren't painted, but there are nipples and they seem to be a lot softer / squishier than the typical SmD vinyl bust.  Maybe this will be what you're looking for!

Thank you.  That makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rainglow
On 4/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Adyaka is about to release her "flex bust" for smart doll. They aren't painted, but there are nipples and they seem to be a lot softer / squishier than the typical SmD vinyl bust.  Maybe this will be what you're looking for!

Thank you SO MUCH for linking this. I had no idea it existed and was lamenting the nipple busts being gone, the other stuff in their shop is pretty cute too. Signed up for that waitlist. >:]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrisFhey

Is there any place you could potentially still get the original busts with nipples for Smart Dolls? (second hand or otherwise)
I was hoping to get myself a Tea coloured Smart Doll at some point, but I'm not a fan of those barbie style busts at all. :(

If not, I suppose I'll try and get my hands on one of those flex busts as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurks

I'm also sad that busts with nipples aren't available from Culture Japan anymore. I just barely missed being able to get them, when Danny Choo presumably switched over to the smooth busts to be more child-friendly or whatever.

I recognize people might like the smooth busts for the previously stated reason or because they don't like the nipples being noticeable through the clothing, but one of the reasons why I like these kind of vinyl dolls and the ball-jointed resin kind is because they don't shy away from human anatomy like, say, Barbie does. The nipple-less busts look very...weird to me. Again, the ideal for me would be to have both smooth and nipple-having busts available as options because there are genuine advantages to the smooth look, but it's sad that I'll never get a chance to get an official CJ bust with nipples again. Discontinued Smart Doll parts are extremely hard to get on the aftermarket, too.

I guess I'll have to look into getting one of these flex busts eventually...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simsimmerton77
On 5/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, Lurks said:

I'm also sad that busts with nipples aren't available from Culture Japan anymore. I just barely missed being able to get them, when Danny Choo presumably switched over to the smooth busts to be more child-friendly or whatever.

I recognize people might like the smooth busts for the previously stated reason or because they don't like the nipples being noticeable through the clothing, but one of the reasons why I like these kind of vinyl dolls and the ball-jointed resin kind is because they don't shy away from human anatomy like, say, Barbie does. The nipple-less busts look very...weird to me. Again, the ideal for me would be to have both smooth and nipple-having busts available as options because there are genuine advantages to the smooth look, but it's sad that I'll never get a chance to get an official CJ bust with nipples again. Discontinued Smart Doll parts are extremely hard to get on the aftermarket, too.

I guess I'll have to look into getting one of these flex busts eventually...

I agree 100% and I am in the same boat as you.  Though, as they say "Never say Never'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AliensOfGold

Wow! That bust looks good. The clothes they make there are really cute too.

no word on when the bust will be available or any sign of sign up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Figura4

I agree with you. I I want to buy a Mirai, but I would like to get the old soft M-size bust with nipples, I think they are more realistic. I did not know they had existed and I think is a mistake to remove them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.