The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

souphouse

Dollfie Dream head mod to fit obitsu body?

souphouse

Hi! I'm pretty new to vinyl dolls though I really like the obitsu body compared to the dollfie dream. I'm thinking about getting another dollfie dream head though getting an obitso 50cm body instead of a dollfie dream sister. Does anyone know how to modify the dollfie head to fit the obitsu neck? Or any other hybrid tips. 

Thank you guys so much! 

Tira

You don’t need to mod the head at all. What I did was disassemble the neck piece and remove the middle piece of plastic with the ridges at the bottom. Then I put the thin inner piece of plastic through the hole in the base of the head and screwed it back together, with the spring underneath the head. Sorry if that’s not very clear. Basically I just unscrewed the neck piece and played around with how to make it fit.

Futaba, the doll in my icon, is a DDH-06 head on a 50cm Obitsu body. You can see a bigger picture of her if you check my doll profiles. I really need to take one where Koro isn’t blocking most of her body... 

The one problem with the 50cm Obitsu body is that it’s hard to find clothes for them. They’re essentially the same width around as an MDD or other 1/4 BJD, but they have significantly longer legs. Since it’s an unusual size, it can be hard to find clothes that fit outside of the Parabox ones and some Azone outfits. As far as Volks outfits go, they’re about the same size as the DDP body, and will fit clothes listed as compatible with them. But there’s not many sets designed specifically for the DDP body. This thread has more info.

Edited by Tira

samseramsamsam

I used an Obitsu neck piece, unscrewed it, and inserted the base into the head's neck without the spring, then put the top part against it from the inside of the head, and screwed it back shut. 

Best thing in the world are the Greyforce neck adapters (for DD heads on Obitsu bodies) , but they are hard to find... 

Edited by samseramsamsam