Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ChrisFhey

Greetings from Belgium

ChrisFhey

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet all of you.

I suppose I'm a long-time doll owner by now, but I still consider myself a bit of a newbie in the doll world since I don't really know much about dolls in general.
I've a single Dollfie Dream at the moment which I've had for about 10 years now. Actually, come to think about it, it's kind of scary that 10 years have already passed since I got my doll. Time surely flies.

Anyway, I look forward to reviving this hobby for myself, and perhaps getting another couple of dolls in the process. :)

Cheers!

• Like 1

ChrisFhey

Thank you! 😄

I've noticed that you're new around here as well, so welcome to you too!

Milk

Welcome and hello from a fellow who's looking into reviving the hobby for oneself. Do you already have eyes on a particular new doll you want to get?

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

ChrisFhey

Thank you! 😄

I was recently eyeing a Smart Doll - Summer type, although I've held off for now after learning that they did away with the realistic bust option for their dolls.
I did, however, buy a MMD Mochi-ashi body this weekend which will be sort of a doll-project, I suppose. I'm looking to fit her with a custom head, and then get a wig and some clothes for her.

And I should probably also get some more clothes, and a new wig for my current DD to change things around a bit. She's been pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.

What about yourself? Are you eyeing anything in particular?

Milk

Oh, that's a pity with the bust option. Do keep us up to date with the MDD project!

I think it's very fun to try out different wigs and style of clothing on your girls. It surprises me every time how different the same doll can look with just a few different things.

I found myself still eyeing the Rise Kujikawa mold but that one seems to be even harder to get now than years ago. That was to be expected, however. Now I'm looking for 9S and 2B from the Nier Automata collab, if I were to get another doll.

Edited by Hymn

ChrisFhey

Ah yes, I've seen those two. I wouldn't mind owning a 2B myself, although I imagine it'd be hard to get your hands onto one at this point.
Good luck with the hunt, if you're going after them!

And I will! It'll probably take a good while to complete the MDD as I need to do some saving to buy everything, but I'll be sure to make a post about her on the forum when she's ready. :3

Milk

Thank you! It seems like my taste straight goes to the harder-to-get dolls no matter how much time passes...

Let's both do our best with saving to get the girls we want. It should be possible with a good portion of patience.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, ChrisFhey said:

Ah yes, I've seen those two. I wouldn't mind owning a 2B myself, although I imagine it'd be hard to get your hands onto one at this point.
Good luck with the hunt, if you're going after them!

The pandemic seems to have suppressed the market for used dolls somewhat. Nier was a pre-order, so I’d expect they won’t be too hard to find used once things normalize. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tierparkzone
6 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

I was recently eyeing a Smart Doll - Summer type, although I've held off for now after learning that they did away with the realistic bust option for their dolls.

Summer is an absolute cutie - only the Photos on the Smart Doll Store don't do her much justice. If I had never seen her in person at the Mirai Sore, I'd never have picked one up myself. Feel free to check out my Saki for a few more reference images. TTYA (the doll clothes store) use a Summer to model their Smart Doll size clothes as well - with lots of cute pics.

With the busts, it's a bummer tough - I agree.

ChrisFhey

I agree, Summer is gorgeous, and I've always wanted a tan doll (I'm looking at you for not providing, Volks).

But yeah, as I said, I've held off for now as I'm not a fan of the smooth bust, and there's no real alternative out there apart from hoping to find one somewhere on the second hand market. I'd have a hard time justifying the price of the doll if I'm not fully happy with the product.

CaraOReilly

Welcome to you as well! Thank you for welcoming me already.

• Like 1

AZONE IRIS COLLECT SUMIRE: CARA O'REILLY

ChrisFhey

Thank you very much, and you're most welcome. :3

• Like 1