Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Pit

Dollfie dream Dynamite alrternative torso

Pit

Hi people, long time no see. Hope this post is in the right place.

I was looking for some alternative options for DD and DDdy bodies and I found this: https://www.chinahao.com/product/18545807457/. It looks like this torso is very flexible and, compared to the original vynil one, it's more posable as well. Yet, I don't understand some things. (Image down below).

TB29SK1hH1YBuNjSszhXXcUsFXa_!!212008255.

T2ZpvhXnhXXXXXXXXX_!!212008255.jpg

T2ZtyKXg0bXXXXXXXX_!!212008255.jpg

First, the material which it's made of. At first glance I guess is made of silicone? I'm not sure. So, if anyone knows about it, It will be appreciated.

Second,, what do "Dy3" and "Vintage Dy" mean? I only know terms like "DDdy", "f3" , "DD - III", but I never heard about those ones.

And third, does anyboy know if this product is worth the money? I tell this because the brand "other" is a red alarm for me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Pit

OccultBeast

The piece is definitely a silicone piece, and made by an individual (likely Japanese) artist, which is probably why the brand is listed simply as 'other.'

Dy3 and Vintage Dy I believe are referring to the DDDy f-3 and DDDy III bodies, respectively.  They use different internal frame parts, so you have to get the one that matches which version you have.  It's likely just a poor translation for how they're spelled on the site.

I think @baldylox might be the best person to ask about this specific item, as I know he owns multiple silicone pieces, and can give a true opinion on the pros and cons of silicone parts.  @BeyondTime may also have experience with silicone parts (forgive me if I'm wrong, though!  just trying to remember from what I've seen in previous posts).

Jezrah
1 hour ago, OccultBeast said:

Dy3 and Vintage Dy I believe are referring to the DDDy f-3 and DDDy III bodies, respectively.  

Without having actually researched, my assumption would have been that the Dy3 referred to the DDdyIII body and the Vintage Dy to the original II series frame based DDdy body.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

OccultBeast
19 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

Without having actually researched, my assumption would have been that the Dy3 referred to the DDdyIII body and the Vintage Dy to the original II series frame based DDdy body.

Y'know, I also considered that, though since there are only 2 options, I assumed that the Dy3 was f-3, and "Vintage" referred to anything older than that, especially since they're no longer currently supported by Volks.  I didn't realise DDDy had a II version as well, though, but "Vintage" could still apply to any body III or older.  But you're right, it could be for Dy III or older only, and thus Dy3 = III, and Vintage being II.  Hmm.

Pit

And now that you mentioned it, I realized another question: what's the real difference between the original II and the III DDdy vynil lower torso? I ask because I'd like to buy one of these silicone torsos but, beside the price, the only thing it stops me is the fact I'm not really sure if it will be compatible with the f3 skeleton in case I chose wrongly a shaped version with the original II Dy (whichever it is between vintage dy or dy3) . From my experience I know both DDdy III and f3 vynil lower torso are compatible with this frame, and It looks like this silicone torso is technically the same in shape to those, except for the shorter upper part. But the II version is another story since I don't have one.   

Edited by Pit

BeyondTime
19 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

@BeyondTime may also have experience with silicone parts (forgive me if I'm wrong, though!  just trying to remember from what I've seen in previous posts).

I do not, and I usually refer people to Billy when it comes to silicone busts. 

I will say that the bust doesn’t look like the Volks default for the DDDy. It might be the shapely, but I don’t have one to compare to. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
17 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I will say that the best doesn’t look like the Volks default for the DDDy.

Despite the rather hokey storefront, the username is the same as wersaze's taobao one, so id guess the bust is one their silicone jobbies.

• Like 1

baldylox

I just LOVE talking about silicone bits!  😄

But first, let's get this labeling thing straight.  Here's how it goes for Volks bodies and designations:

DD1 body = all vinyl, mostly strung like a resin

DD2 body = complete inner frame made of plastic for better posing and handling.

DDdy body = came out just after the DD2 body did and uses the exact same inner frame along with all outer vinyl shell parts except for the lower torso, busts and thighs.

MDD = mini version of the DD2 with similar frame pieces just shrunken down but overall mostly all new pieces.

DDS body = came out using the newest inner frame setup which we now know as the DD3.  Was around 52 to 55cm tall instead of 60cm due to shorter thighs and shins.

DD3 body = came out after the DDS did and differed only in a few ways to be at 60cm, mostly longer thighs and shins.

DDdy3 body = came out at the same time the DD3 did.  Uses the same inner frame.

MDD3 = came out about a year after the new DD3 frames/bodies.  Vastly superior to the original MDD bodies.  It fixed almost all the floppiness and breaking issues.

DDP body = came out at 50cm and was the in-between/prototype for the new F3 bodies.

DDF3,DDdyF3 & MDDF3 bodies = all came out around the same time. Upgraded adjustable frame and a softer vinyl.

You will notice that there are NO DDdy2 or MDD2 designations because THERE WERE NONE MADE.  I see people mislabeling this stuff all the time and it really bugs me.  😉  Since the original DD1 body came out, Volks wanted it to be more advanced and easier to deal with than its resins while staying attractive and posable. So when they came out with the DD2 it proved to be exactly what they wanted.  That's when they introduced the original DDdy and MDD bodies using the same tech.  Those bodies were the first of their kinds but had NO numerical designation to them.  To keep things simple, when they introduced the DD3 bodies, all the bodies were designated as the same number so everyone knew they were the newest versions.  By skipping the "2" designation, Volks caused some labeling issues among collectors in the aftermarket.  Thus the confusion seen quite often online.

Sorry but I just HAD to get that out of my system.  😄

Anyways, that is indeed a silicone lower torso made by Wersaze.  The bust looks to be a regular Shapely DDdy bust tho, I can't see whether it's really squishing any in those pics to make me think otherwise.  While Wersaze does make really nice silicone bits, actually being able to buy them from him directly can be problematic.  He takes forever to respond or reply to emails and messages and sometimes comes up with half assed excuses for delays.  A few people I know on Discord have had shipping problems with him too.  But this is all from the standpoint of buying from him while being in the US.  I'm sure things are easier and faster if you're in Japan or Hong Kong etc.  You can also use a proxy for them or maybe find them on YJA occasionally.

Hopefully that clears things up a little for everyone.  :) 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Pit

Ty for your explanation @baldylox. That leaves DD II out of topic. but what about the "vintage dy" term? what does it mean?? Sorry for insisting but I really don't want to be wrong with my choice.

• Like 1

Tierparkzone
5 hours ago, baldylox said:

DDP body = came out at 50cm and uses mainly MDD3 parts with some special parts all its own too.

DDF3,DDdyF3, DDPF3 & MDDF3 bodies = all came out around the same time. Upgraded adjustable frame and a softer vinyl

Wait...

I was under the impression that the DDP body was the "prototype" for the changes made during the jump from 3 to f3. So there should not be a separate DDP-f3 (as the initial DDP technically is an f3 already). - Or am I mixing something up here?

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Wait...

I was under the impression that the DDP body was the "prototype" for the changes made during the jump from 3 to f3. So there should not be a separate DDP-f3 (as the initial DDP technically is an f3 already). - Or am I mixing something up here?

Correct, Iori & Yayoi we’re the first DDP, and they were the first f3. There are some slight design elements in DDP-f3, like parts that snap in place, that were not carried over to the f3 body that was released along with Saber Altria and Jeanne d’Arc. I suspect some of those design differences are due to how thin DDP arms & legs are. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
5 hours ago, Pit said:

Ty for your explanation @baldylox. That leaves DD II out of topic. but what about the "vintage dy" term? what does it mean?? Sorry for insisting but I really don't want to be wrong with my choice.

I've never heard the term "vintage DDdy" before but I am guessing that means the original body and not the 3 or F3 version.

4 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Wait...

As @BeyondTime already replied, you are correct.  I was wrong on that point.  :)  I'll go back and change that bit.  With all the newer bodies, it does tend to get muddled a bit when you normally center on the older ones and by that I mean me.  😄 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.