Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

Anyone have any Wig Suggestions?

OccultBeast

I'm planning a new girl who is falling into my lap much sooner than I expected her to, and I'm absolutely set on her having a specific hairstyle, but I've either just forgotten all of my previous wig shop knowledge, or I'm just having a heck of a time finding one to satisfy my needs.

I actually happened to spot a wig that's pretty much perfect on Instagram recently, so I took some screenshots of it for an example.  The user has said that they don't know what brand it is (they did say it's not Lullaby Poem), so I'm SOL there.  (also, yes, I know they are selling this wig specifically, but it's from France, and I know that I could buy multiple wigs from LegendDoll for the same price I'd pay for their wig + shipping, so I'm just looking for some other options)

wig4.PNG.e5ec72229606e684484ef4b3a8ed0500.PNG

• Actual Ponytail Style - NOT a 'bob' wig with a clip-on ponytail
• Brown colour - any shade really, just as long as it's Brown™
• Must fit DD heads - 8-9"

Please do bless me with your wig knowledge if you happen to know of any such wigs out there in the world! 🙏 Thank you!

Tierparkzone

The way the hair gets pulled into the ponytail looks fairly similar to the Himekazura ponytail wigs from Mandarake:

This is the most brown one, I managed to find quickly:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1035495616&ref=list&categoryCode=020114020314

But the wig in the picture you posted looks a bit different, so I don't think that is a Himekazura one.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
1 minute ago, Tierparkzone said:

Himekazura ponytail wigs from Mandarake

I absolutely forgot to even check Mandarake's brand, so thank you!  I'll keep an eye on it incase one pops up, cause their wigs honestly look so good.

Gallye

That looks very much like a Pengin Workshop wig to me. Unfortunately they don't have any dark brown ones at the moment, since everything they do is limited, but they've offered the color in the past. Here are some similar styles:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/672073695/limitedpengin-workshop-dd-heat-resisant

https://www.etsy.com/listing/838526856/limited-pengin-workshop-bjd-dd-heat

And, while this one isn't the right style, you can see how the sides are swept back in a similar fashion:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/848318605/limitedpengin-workshop-bjdsddd-heat

I do love their wigs - they are so well behaved - but everything being limited is kind of a downer.

• Like 1

OccultBeast

I think I checked out a few Pengin Workshop wigs when looking through what Etsy had but saw that none of them had a brown colourway available.  It's a shame cause I would have absolutely snatched up a 'Patricia' style if it had been available!  I'm definitely saving them to keep an eye on things, in case they get any browns in stock.

I actually am starting to wonder if the wig I saw on Instagram was an MS-DOLL wig, because I found this one (and honestly might just buy it anyway the next time I place a LegendDoll order).  I think I overlooked it at first because the listing photo is a blonde wig, and doesn't show the ponytail part at all.  It looks almost exactly like the one from Instagram, ribbon and all.  Granted, I'm still thinking it could also be a Pengin Shop (or other brand) wig, because the fibers seem a little different than the MS-DOLL one, but that could just be natural variation.  Who knows at this point!