Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Emil

Emil's Garden

Emil

Hello! I'm hoping to start a thread to show the dolls I've gotten (if that's alright!)~ Mostly DDs, but I have a few Smart Dolls I might get around to taking pictures of eventually 😄 Hopefully I'll have all of them posted here by the end of the month! (And hopefully I've figured out how to use Flickr by then... 😅) 

As of right now, everyone's using random wigs and eyes until I get their final ones in September (hopefully)! I'm trying to experiment with editing a bit on phone pictures according to each girl's style 😄 Here's Vera Lexington, my DDdy Towa! She likes lolita outfits and she'll probably have a big of a magical girl theme! She's wearing the Volks Peach Pink Lolita (?) DDdy outfit! It came with my secondhand D'Coord 😄 It's missing the hat, but it's still pretty cute! Her wig is this one from Volks! And her eyes are her defaults (Volks Animetic Type-J Akane 22mm)

Towa_1.jpg

Towa_2.jpg

Towa_4.jpg

Sorry if the quality isn't that great 😦 I don't have my DSLR right now, but I'm honestly convinced my phone takes better pictures at this point since it's just an old Nikon D3300

Edited by Suiseiseki
Fixing broken images
  • Like 4

Magnolia | Camellia | Amaryllis | Carnation | Hyacinth | Bluebell | Alyssum | Clematis | Emilia | Dahlia | Gardenia | Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

ChrisFhey

She looks great in that wig! It suits her quite well.
And are those her default eyes? They go remarkably well with the wig. 😄

I should really consider investing in a Towa at some point. She's the cutest readily available DD I've seen so far.

Also, your photos look fine, but I'm not sure I'd agree that a phone takes better photos than a DSLR camera.
Especially if the DSLR shoots in RAW and the phone doesn't. You just get so much more range when editing your photos using a RAW file.

Emil
4 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

She looks great in that wig! It suits her quite well.
And are those her default eyes? They go remarkably well with the wig. 😄

I should really consider investing in a Towa at some point. She's the cutest readily available DD I've seen so far.

Also, your photos look fine, but I'm not sure I'd agree that a phone takes better photos than a DSLR camera.
Especially if the DSLR shoots in RAW and the phone doesn't. You just get so much more range when editing your photos using a RAW file.

They are her default eyes! 

I think there's something wrong with my camera, because a lot of my pictures have been coming out grainy when I tried 😦 I've cleaned the lenses and everything, maybe I just need new ones. I also have a lot of trouble with the focus (both manual and auto) because my vision is really bad and I don't have glasses right now. But I'm planning on getting a D750 or one of its successors when I have the money 😄 (in other words, when I stop spending it all on dolls) so hopefully I'll be able to take much better pictures soon! 

(edit) Also yes! Towa is absolutely gorgeous and I definitely recommend her 😄

Edited by barasuishou
added note

Magnolia | Camellia | Amaryllis | Carnation | Hyacinth | Bluebell | Alyssum | Clematis | Emilia | Dahlia | Gardenia | Hydrangea

Monty

Nikon D3300 is the exact camera I use. I still consider myself a beginner with a dslr but my own pics look decent enough to me, and only look grainy inside with bad lighting (but so do photos on my phone or ipad, and moreso).

It sounds like you’ve got it on some weird setting or other, can you try resetting it to factory settings?

Emil
11 hours ago, Monty said:

It sounds like you’ve got it on some weird setting or other, can you try resetting it to factory settings

That might be it, I'll have to try doing that next time I've got it. I've had it for several years now so who knows what I managed to do to it when I was younger 😅 hopefully it's an easy fix!

ChrisFhey

I'm a terrible photographer. What I usually do on my Nikon D5100 is set it to Aperture mode, pick one, and let the camera handle the rest.
White balance be damned, but there's nothing Lightroom can't fix in that regard. 😄

• Like 1

Emil

I didn't expect to end up posting one of my SmDs before my DDs all got their chance in the spotlight, but Dahlia is a special case now I guess 😆 She's a Smart Doll Trinity (Milk), and she was the first vinyl doll I got. 

The pictures are very rough around the edges.. the first two I took with my D3300 (first time I've properly tried to take photos in a few years now...) and it seems I need to find my tripod again... They're a bit blurry because my hands were shaky (I think? I had it on auto-focus, so it should have been my own movement that made them blurry >_<) The last one was taken with my phone (Galaxy Note 10+). But she's so cute that I honestly can't resist sharing! I've fallen back in love with my SmD girls (and am now contemplating another one...)

She's wearing Volks Type-S Shikkoku eyes and this wig from Volks! Her dress is just an old American Girl outfit I found in my bin of 18" doll stuff. The oversized look is very cute on her I think. 

PSX_20210619_215743.jpg

PSX_20210619_225247.jpg

PSX_20210619_225527.jpg

I might have gone a bit overboard in photoshop express... I tried to mimic my old editing style back when I took pictures of 18" dolls 😅 but that was several years ago and it seems I didn't quite get it right haha. (and please excuse the mess behind her in the last one 😭 I'm in the process of moving things around right now...)

Edited by Suiseiseki
Fixing broken images
  • Like 3

Dahlia is sooo cute! Love the dark hair with light eyes combo. :ymdaydream:

Emil
3 minutes ago, rainglow said:

Dahlia is sooo cute! Love the dark hair with light eyes combo. :ymdaydream:

Thank you!! She's based off of an OC (actually all of my dolls are...) and that character has grey eyes and black hair. I'm surprised I haven't seen more of that combo around, I think it's very cute 🥺 but dark wigs are pretty scary on vinyl dolls lol

RuffleChuu

Vera is so pretty! 🥺

• Like 1

Milk

I like how your girls so far have very different styles from each other. You said you were waiting on new eyes and wigs, are you gonna keep the colours or will you change it up a little?

• Like 1

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

Emil
8 hours ago, RuffleChuu said:

Vera is so pretty! 🥺

Thank you!! I actually changed her name to Hyacinth (feels a bit more fitting with the magical girl vibes) but I can't edit the post 😅

1 hour ago, Hymn said:

I like how your girls so far have very different styles from each other. You said you were waiting on new eyes and wigs, are you gonna keep the colours or will you change it up a little?

I try to keep all of my girls varied 😄 I'm planning to get new eyes and wigs in the same colours, just higher quality. Though two of my other girls (not yet pictured) don't have a wig in their final colour yet, so those will be changing (I'll make a note of it though in their posts! 😄)

• Like 1

Emil

I hope it's alright to not post some boring phone pictures 😅 I got a bit sentimental last night and remembered how I used to tuck my 18" dolls in at night, and decided to gather up everyone's doll boxes (Miko, Towa, D'Coord and Asuna Titania's box), wrap a blanket around it, then wrap an old white fitted sheet around that, and set everyone down on it. They're covered up with a pillowcase 😅 but I really like having them all out and at least partially dressed.

PSX_20210619_142643.jpg

From left to right:

DD Asuna Titania Ver., renamed Magnolia. This isn't her final look (she's going to get a gold wig and maybe green eyes), but right now she is wearing Volks Ramune/Soda Blue Romantic Wave wig (comes with DDdy Towa) and a pair of Volks 22mm Type-H Rurikon eyes. 

DD Towa, renamed Hyacinth, wearing this Volks wig and her default 22m Type-J Akane eyes.

DDH-03 D'Coord (Semi-White), named Acacia. She's wearing this Volks wig and Asuna Titania's 22mm eyes. I plan to get her dark green eyes eventually, but I like these for now. 

DD Miko, renamed Iberis. She's wearing Volks Asuna Titania wig, and Volks 24mm Type-P Sumire eyes. She's going to get a silver wig and light blue eyes at some point 😅

SmD Journey Alternate (Cinnamon), renamed Zinnia. She's wearing this Volks wig and her default eyes. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with her character 😅 so she remains as she is until she steals someone else's wig and eyes I guess.

SmD Trinity (Milk), renamed Dahlia. Type-S Shikkoku eyes (22mm) and this Volks wig.

I hope it's alright to list everyone's wigs/eyes out like this! I figured it'd be easier to do this way. Now that they've all been introduced I suppose I'll redirect back to this post for their wig/eye details until they get changed 😅

• Like 8

Emil
2 minutes ago, Chise said:

your 'flower garden' looks quite cozy

Haha! I hope they're quite comfortable 😄 Eventually they'll all get their own individual beds... for now it's just girls night I guess!

I plan to name all of my dolls after flowers and take pictures of them holding their namesake flower 😄 even the dolls who are only on my wishlist have received tentative names in my spreadsheet 🌼

toughstermcg

This group photo is so sweet! Makes me want to get motivated and take some proper pictures myself, haha. Even if they're just on doll boxes, the framing and poses make it look natural.

• Like 1

Emil
8 minutes ago, toughstermcg said:

This group photo is so sweet! Makes me want to get motivated and take some proper pictures myself, haha. Even if they're just on doll boxes, the framing and poses make it look natural.

Thank you so much 😄 I really do love my dolls so I enjoy setting them up like this, as cheesy as it might sound. I'm glad it looks alright haha 😆

Emil

Sorry for the sudden name change (and so many posts today 😅)! Previously Barasuishou's Doll Room, but I updated my name on here to match my socials now that I'm a full member 🥳

Real photos this time!! Two are slightly out of focus I think 😭 and grainy.. 😭 I really, really need new glasses... and autofocus does NOT like my dolls 😆

Dahlia again! Gah, I had begun to fall out of love with my Smart Dolls, but recently I've remembered just how pretty they are!

Dahlia - Smart Doll TrinityDahlia - Smart Doll TrinityDahlia - Smart Doll Trinity

• Like 1

Emil

Took some pictures of Zinnia (Smart Doll Journey Alt. Cinnamon) while on vacation.

PSX_20210709_145705.jpg

PSX_20210709_145526.jpg

PSX_20210709_145420.jpg

The wig is dusty... lol

Edited by Suiseiseki
Fixing broken images
  • Like 4

Emil

*Dusts off thread* 

I almost forgot this existed! My doll family has changed a lot since I last posted. I sold both of my Smart Dolls, so now I only have Dollfie Dreams. My page has the current family all listed (as well as individual profiles for each doll), but for the sake of looking back on this thread I suppose I'll list the current crew, in order of when I received them. All are on their original bodies unless otherwise stated.
DDdy Miko Standard Model (DDH-06), now on a DD M-Bust unitorso body [Clematis]

DD Asuna Titania Ver. on L-Bust unitorso body [Magnolia]

DDdy D'Coord DDH-03 M02 [Emilia]

DDdy Towa Standard Model [Hyacinth]

DD Yukino 2nd Ver Standard Model (on DDdyII body) [Camellia]

DD Rin Tohsaka UBW Ver. with S-Bust [Carnation]

DD Rider/Santa Alter [Dahlia]

DDdy DC-H 24 M03 Semi-White [Alyssum]

DDdy Miu Amaha (on DDdyIII body) [Amaryllis]

MDD Mochi Ashi DC-H 20 M02 Semi-White [Bluebell]

DDS DC-H 24 M01 Tan [Gardenia]

Family photo:

Group Photo

More pictures to come in the future! I'll try not to forget about this thread this time 😄

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 4

Emil

I took Camellia and Amaryllis out for some photos today at a local creek. I got there later than I wanted to, so the lighting is a bit harsh 😭

PSX_20220507_123530 PSX_20220507_123313 PSX_20220507_122813 PSX_20220507_122931

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 7

battrastard

You have some really cute Kiddos! 

When you said your photos are a bit "harsh", try the "ten to two" rule: any time before 10:00am or after 2:00pm (1400) is the most favorable times to take pictures, due to the sun being directly overhead from 10:00 to 14:00 (2:00 pm) The sun is at a better angle, and gives better shading and detail during the more optimal times before or after the sun is directly overhead.

Otherwise, I think you did a great job taking those pics!! 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Emil
On 5/7/2022 at 10:00 PM, battrastard said:

You have some really cute Kiddos! 

When you said your photos are a bit "harsh", try the "ten to two" rule: any time before 10:00am or after 2:00pm (1400) is the most favorable times to take pictures, due to the sun being directly overhead from 10:00 to 14:00 (2:00 pm) The sun is at a better angle, and gives better shading and detail during the more optimal times before or after the sun is directly overhead.

Otherwise, I think you did a great job taking those pics!! 

Ah, I do vaguely remember that! I had been aiming to get there around 10am, but it ended up being closer to 11 when I actually arrived 😣 Thanks! 

I also took some new pictures just to work on getting proper portraits for everyone, though the ones I'm going to post aren't the portraits haha

PSX_20220507_183751

Carnation in her natural habitat apparently. She decided to become a cat.

PSX_20220507_194905

Bluebell 💙 I love this little lady so much. Her sclera turned yellow-ish... This is what I get for taking a cyberpunk-ish doll out for golden hour photos.... Very confused in hindsight, that was a bad decision.

PSX_20220509_082102

Clematis and Alyssum

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 7

bananaaether

Your dolls are so freakin' cute in the natural lighting, and I love the ones of them all cuddled with each other. I love it! I also really appreciate when people list out what types of dolls/bodies/wigs/eyes/etc they have, I'm new enough to the hobby that I can't really easily recognize any of those things, so it's great to go "ooh, what wig is that?" and have it easily listed! Haha!

• Like 1

Emil
20 hours ago, bananaaether said:

Your dolls are so freakin' cute in the natural lighting, and I love the ones of them all cuddled with each other. I love it! I also really appreciate when people list out what types of dolls/bodies/wigs/eyes/etc they have, I'm new enough to the hobby that I can't really easily recognize any of those things, so it's great to go "ooh, what wig is that?" and have it easily listed! Haha!

Thank youuu! I love my dolls very much 🥺 

Under my doll profiles you can also fine all of their current wigs/eyes etc! If you ever want to ask about stuff on my dolls feel free! Just about everything they have is from Volks. 🧡

• Like 2