Baldylox

Emil

Emil's Garden

Tigger

Very nice. Those outfits are gorgeous too, really smart looking. 👍

• Like 1

Emil

Took Ariah and Ianthia out to an abandoned building today for ️aesthetic

PSX_20230607_180252 PSX_20230607_220512 PSX_20230607_220047 PSX_20230607_181201 PSX_20230607_215725 PSX_20230607_182121

PSX_20230607_180042

I can't be bothered to photoshop stands out 😭

PSX_20230607_180534

Ianthia got one solo shot because I was getting really tired (still recovering from a cold)

PSX_20230607_215308 PSX_20230607_181329 PSX_20230607_181824 PSX_20230607_182419

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 7

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Emil

A bit late now, but July 12 marked Camellia's second birthday. I've not yet decided whether I want to tie their adoption dates into their canon ages and have them get older as time goes on... Anyway. She got a photoshoot with Amaryllis to commemorate the occasion. Her dress is from Meowhouse/M+V Studio, Garden of Eden. I believe it's limited, so I don't know if it's still available. This is actually the first time I've taken a proper photoshoot using it. Amaryllis is wearing Volks Designers Collection Eternal Rose set. 

PSX_20230712_210759 PSX_20230712_210947 PSX_20230712_211254

PSX_20230712_205905 PSX_20230712_212043 PSX_20230712_205745 PSX_20230712_205143

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 9

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

baldylox

You do such beautiful photos of your girls!  I'm jealous!  :)  Thank you for sharing them with us, I hope we get to see more of them!

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BusanGhoul

LOL the "wig is dusty" comment made me laugh 

• Like 1

Emil

I'm slowly going through and un-breaking photo links- it's quite tedious with 4 pages of them lol. In the mean time, I've taken some DD photos recently. Alyssum has acquired a new wig (though I'm still not sure if I like this style on her), the miku (melon) green hime wig from dream choice. 

PSX_20231125_224032

It's cute, but I'm not certain if it's the look I'm going for with her. I'll probably get the dream choice hime wig in milk white for her final look  since I don't like teal on her after all (but it's still a great wig, so *someone* will definitely get it in the future.)

PSX_20231125_223557

PSX_20231125_224425

Ianthia got new eyes as well- for anyone looking into DC-H-23 i personally recommend 24mm if you stick to Volks eyes. They're a little harder to position, but look much better imo. These are the gacharity Q-types. I'm still debating keeping this colour in her, but the style is absolutely perfect. This wig is also not final, as I don't really like the look of it on her. I might swap her back to the vitamin yellow romantic wave wig I have.

PSX_20231204_163652

PSX_20231204_164318

PSX_20231204_164554

PSX_20231204_165004

PSX_20231204_164021

PSX_20231204_165815

PSX_20231204_163919

And a proper photoshoot 🙇🏼‍♀️ This is actually Gardenia, with a temporary look I wanted to try out. She looks a little siren-y imo, I will definitely save this wig/eye combo for the future- but for now she's going back to her normal grey hair and purple eyes. 

The 3rd photo was my favourite composition-wise, but unfortunately none of the ~10 shots were properly in focus. Luckily, yours truly is getting new glasses in a couple of weeks, so this shouldn't be as much of an issue in the future. As expected, my right eye continues to get more and more useless! And my left eye is not doing well under the pressure 😔 I'm near-sighted in one and far-sighted in the other so it's a little annoying. 

Anyway, that's about it for now. My collection hasn't changed at all, and I've mostly focused on photoshoots of my SDs recently, so it's just regular photos and figuring out what wig/eye combos I want for everyone- I'm quite happy with everyone's style except Alyssum and Ianthia at the present, both of whom just need different wigs. Dahlia (Saber) might also get swapped from W-139D (a thin, shedding horror that somehow hasn't been discontinued yet) to 196D (the new boyish standard wig), same colour but different style. I want to convert her into a cute ouji vampire 🤍 She also needs a new frame quite badly, as her right elbow is getting ready to give out (half of it already broke off, but it still... poses... somewhat! I am not going to pose it, though. I will not risk it.) 

• Like 11

Meep

The light in your photos is gorgeous! You've got such an eye for lighting, it's really amazing!

• Like 1

Singer Yuna
On 12/8/2023 at 11:56 PM, Emil said:

i personally recommend 24mm if you stick to Volks eyes.

They suit ddch23, she is so cute with them!

and I agree with meep, very warm lightning on every photo, congrats ^^

• Like 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Emil
6 hours ago, Meep said:

The light in your photos is gorgeous! You've got such an eye for lighting, it's really amazing!

Thank you! I try my best, and after someone mentioned it here a couple years(?) ago, I haven't gone out for photos from around 10am-3pm roughly, because that's when the lighting is worst here 🙇‍♀️ Beyond that I just make sure the doll's face has some lighting, which usually isn't too hard outside 🫶 Every now and then photoshoots turn out disastrously, and I usually don't post those here 😅🥲

1 hour ago, Singer Yuna said:

They suit ddch23, she is so cute with them!

and I agree with meep, very warm lightning on every photo, congrats ^^

Thank you 🙇‍♀️ I have to agree on the eyes, i think Q-type especially is really cute in 23s if you can get your hands on a pair! I found G-type is cute as well, but the extra pair I had just didn't suit my 23 as a character. 

Emil

I have some regular photos to post, but also wanted to post the full versions of a few doll profile portraits, because their current looks haven't been shown off in here before. 

PSX_20231213_162615

At least, I don't remember taking proper photos of Magnolia in this wig, despite the fact she's been wearing it for 6+ months.

PSX_20231213_163438

Hydrangea's current look as well. I like this a lot, so I think I will keep her like this. I don't really like boring-white-background portraiture at all, in fact I dread it... but it works well for getting a clear and non-distracting profile image for each doll! 

Anyway, on to the real photos: 

PSX_20231215_174446

PSX_20231215_174219

In hindsight, I wish I had moved Camellia's hand a little higher, but I can assure you it does in fact rest on Amaryllis's back lol, not any lower!

PSX_20231215_175015

PSX_20231215_174641

PSX_20231215_174052

I think I will attempt the final pose again some time, with the sitting doll looking out *over* the doll lying down, instead of *at* her. Still, I like this quite a bit. My glasses haven't come in yet, so I'm still struggling with getting things in focus (as usual), but most of these turned out okay. 🙇‍♀️

• Like 8

Emil

I took Magnolia and Clematis out for a few photos this evening. I got my glasses a few days ago. It's somewhat easier to use manual focus now. I was going to go for a Christmas vibe with a few of these, but it's more like autumn here (60-70s fahrenheit). Despite being the longest standing members of my collection (aside from the literal first BJD I got), I don't have many photos of them. I've decided I'm going to fix that. Clematis (DDdy Miko) was my first DD and 4th BJD in total, though now she sits at #2 since I've sold two who I got before her. Her purple P-type eyes were purchased alongside the doll. She was actually my 16th birthday present 🤍 later that month I used the birthday money I got from my grandparents to order the DDdy Mint Chocolate Lolita set and her cork brown fluffy wolf wig. Aside from some experiments here and there, she's kept this style ever since then. As for Magnolia, I got her the following summer to be Clematis's friend. Volks USA had their summer festival, and it was between Asuna Titania and Luka. Magnolia's been through a number of appearances, but I'm finally satisfied with this one. U-type green eyes and a brown SD Kun wig I got in a lucky bag. 
Anyway, using-photo-thread-as-personal-blog aside, here's the not-so-Christmas-y pre-Christmas photos.

PSX_20231223_165953

PSX_20231223_165745

It was too muddy out for a full shoot with multiple poses, plus I was stubborn and decided not to use stands (the wire behind Clematis here is really just a wire- that's a telephone pole.) 

PSX_20231223_165618

PSX_20231223_165424

I'm not terribly fond of the second photo here. Too much noise... Though I tried to decrease it in photoshop, it made the photo look even worse. Still, Magnolia is very pretty so I feel obligated to post it nonetheless. 
On an unrelated note, I've been slowly going back through this thread and fixing broken links. A few photos have been lost to time already (my phone was short on space..) and some just need to be re-uploaded to Flickr since the Discord hotlinking adjustments, as the original uploads were deleted. I'll get around to this eventually... just not today. Happy holidays all 🤍

• Like 9

Emil

It snowed here a week or two ago. I didn't have much energy for photos, but I did take a few. 

PSX_20240115_085545

PSX_20240115_084748

A couple of Dahlia, my Santa Alter. I'm not very satisfied with how these turned out.

PSX_20240115_164032

PSX_20240115_164609 PSX_20240115_164438

Hydrangea, who fits her Witch Name much better with this hair/eye combo. It was really windy this day, so I only took a few photos. 

PSX_20240115_164211

Gardenia, who needs more water wax on her wig. It refuses to do what I want it to without styling, lol.

PSX_20240115_163457

PSX_20240115_164926 PSX_20240115_165043

Alyssum & Hyacinth. Still debating a white wig for Alyssum instead... The Miku teal is so cute though.

PSX_20240116_162756

PSX_20240116_163253

PSX_20240116_163136

Carnation. I couldn't decide on an editing style for these... Might go back and re-edit them when I get bored enough. I went out about 20 minutes too late for the lighting I wanted, too.
https://flic.kr/p/2ptBSD Embed removed because she's off-topic for this forum, but this photo of my SD-F-72 is what I had hoped to achieve with Carnation in the above photos. Despite all of my trying, I couldn't get it to look similar in a way that didn't make Carnation look too green. I suppose this is a skill issue lol. 

• Like 7

lunarlemons
On 12/8/2023 at 4:56 PM, Emil said:

I'm slowly going through and un-breaking photo links- it's quite tedious with 4 pages of them lol. In the mean time, I've taken some DD photos recently. Alyssum has acquired a new wig (though I'm still not sure if I like this style on her), the miku (melon) green hime wig from dream choice. 

PSX_20231125_224032

It's cute, but I'm not certain if it's the look I'm going for with her. I'll probably get the dream choice hime wig in milk white for her final look  since I don't like teal on her after all (but it's still a great wig, so *someone* will definitely get it in the future.)

PSX_20231125_223557

PSX_20231125_224425

Ianthia got new eyes as well- for anyone looking into DC-H-23 i personally recommend 24mm if you stick to Volks eyes. They're a little harder to position, but look much better imo. These are the gacharity Q-types. I'm still debating keeping this colour in her, but the style is absolutely perfect. This wig is also not final, as I don't really like the look of it on her. I might swap her back to the vitamin yellow romantic wave wig I have.

PSX_20231204_163652

PSX_20231204_164318

PSX_20231204_164554

PSX_20231204_165004

PSX_20231204_164021

PSX_20231204_165815

PSX_20231204_163919

And a proper photoshoot 🙇🏼‍♀️ This is actually Gardenia, with a temporary look I wanted to try out. She looks a little siren-y imo, I will definitely save this wig/eye combo for the future- but for now she's going back to her normal grey hair and purple eyes. 

The 3rd photo was my favourite composition-wise, but unfortunately none of the ~10 shots were properly in focus. Luckily, yours truly is getting new glasses in a couple of weeks, so this shouldn't be as much of an issue in the future. As expected, my right eye continues to get more and more useless! And my left eye is not doing well under the pressure 😔 I'm near-sighted in one and far-sighted in the other so it's a little annoying. 

Anyway, that's about it for now. My collection hasn't changed at all, and I've mostly focused on photoshoots of my SDs recently, so it's just regular photos and figuring out what wig/eye combos I want for everyone- I'm quite happy with everyone's style except Alyssum and Ianthia at the present, both of whom just need different wigs. Dahlia (Saber) might also get swapped from W-139D (a thin, shedding horror that somehow hasn't been discontinued yet) to 196D (the new boyish standard wig), same colour but different style. I want to convert her into a cute ouji vampire 🤍 She also needs a new frame quite badly, as her right elbow is getting ready to give out (half of it already broke off, but it still... poses... somewhat! I am not going to pose it, though. I will not risk it.) 

I love the blue wig with the elf ears! Your photos are gorgeous~ 

• Like 1

strawberrywho

oh wow your photography is so inspiring. The posing, lighting, and place of the shoot are so well thought out and make each girl really shine wow. I am in awe. 

• Like 1

pericat
On 11/19/2022 at 5:30 PM, Emil said:

Committing the sin of posting twice in less than 24h, but I'm so in love with these two that I can't help it

_DSC0317

@Emil Where is Marie's outfit from? My girl Galaxii thinks it would suit her too

Emil
On 1/30/2024 at 8:57 AM, lunarlemons said:

I love the blue wig with the elf ears! Your photos are gorgeous~

Thank you 🙇‍♀️ I'm fairly happy with the combo.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:35 PM, strawberrywho said:

oh wow your photography is so inspiring. The posing, lighting, and place of the shoot are so well thought out and make each girl really shine wow. I am in awe. 

Thank you very much! I'm working on steadily improving 🙇‍♀️ or trying at least haha.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:16 AM, pericat said:

@Emil Where is Marie's outfit from? My girl Galaxii thinks it would suit her too

It's a combination of several Volks outfits. The white shirt and black vest are from the SD16 Silver Black set, the belt is from one of the Tenshi-no-Koromo demon sets (I can't recall the name, sorry), the tie is from the Black Shadow set, and the skirt is from an SD16 size coord set I also forgot the name of 🥲🥲