Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Emil

Emil's Garden

Emil

Camellia has been armed! 🤣

My graduation is tomorrow, and for a present my father got me some "Goat Guns", they're 1/3 miniature guns that you partially assemble yourself. I planned to do some post-apocalyptic type photosets so these are perfect.

20220522_173849.jpg

Mini 1911 in pink

20220522_172916.jpg

Mini .50cal

20220522_172751.jpg

Mini M16A1

It looks like I'll need the large version hands for these, but I think they work very well scale-wise! 😁

• Like 4

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Emil

PSX_20220523_221721.jpg

celebrating my long-awaited freedom with Gardenia and Amaryllis 🥳

• Like 6

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

BeyondTime
On 6/4/2021 at 12:40 AM, Suiseiseki said:

Here's Vera Lexington, my DDdy Towa!

That wig really suits her. 

On 6/4/2021 at 12:51 AM, Suiseiseki said:

I think there's something wrong with my camera, because a lot of my pictures have been coming out grainy when I tried

Grainy images might be the ISO setting. A lot of DSLR's allow ISO to be automatically set by the camera when in one of the program modes. Doing that allows photos to be taken in very low light, but the higher the ISO the grainier the image. You can usually disable this setting, but for indoor photos you may find that you then will need a tripod. If you check the EXIF data in the photo you will see the ISO setting when the photo was taken. Depending on the quality of the camera, anything above 200 can start to look grainy. 

You can do noise reduction in camera with a setting in most DSLRs, but doing it in post-process is better. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Emil

I just realised I never posted several of my favourite photos here! These were used in photography projects for school last semester (as a senior in HS I kind of stopped caring what people thought about my dolls, lol. Most of the underclassmen actually liked them.)

A Doll's Eye A Doll's Eye

This project was on perspective; I ended up titling the set "A Doll's Eye". 

The Willow Maid

This one was from a portrait project, but we were allowed to do full or half-body shots as well.

Ephemeral

My personal favourite, a project on textures. I chose my Meowhouse wedding dress "Garden of Eden", modelled by my DD Asuna Titania (Magnolia), though her face isn't visible, as the project was focusing on the fabric of the dress. Some of my classmates didn't believe me when I said it was a doll 🤣

I got a pretty good grade in the class, but it felt like cheating since I had some minor background knowledge on photography thanks to the doll hobby. Plus, I was the only person with a DSLR... everyone else used their phones 😅 so it felt like I had an unfair advantage. Alas, a credit is a credit! 

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 2

Emil
PSX_20220531_175946 PSX_20220531_173945 PSX_20220531_174903 PSX_20220531_174458

Took some photos of Bluebell and Gardenia. I'm moving soon so this is my last real chance to take photos here 💚 I'll probably take some more in the next couple of days. 

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 8

Emil

Took some more pictures, this time of Alyssum. I tried to do less "uwu bokeh"... 😅

I have mixed feelings about these, but I'm trying not to be too hard on myself since I've been out of photography for so long.

PSX_20220607_132714 PSX_20220607_132600 PSX_20220607_132501 PSX_20220607_132242

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 3

Emil

More Bluebell

PSX_20220609_154237 PSX_20220609_154344

she requests hugs

PSX_20220609_154800

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 6

Emil

Some tan DC-H-24 to brighten everyone's day 💚

PSX_20220628_182238 PSX_20220628_182943

I also got some nakayoshi hands recently and took some pictures of Amaryllis and Camellia using them. They're a lot larger than I expected and a bit awkward to pose around... but still worth it to me.

PSX_20220628_141602 PSX_20220628_143341

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 6

BeyondTime

Your DC-H-24 looks a lot like Rin Tohsaka. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Emil
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Your DC-H-24 looks a lot like Rin Tohsaka. 

She may have borrowed a few items from her fullset 🤭

Honestly, almost considering getting a flesh skin DC-H-24 to take Rin's fullset... she looks more like Rin than the actual Rin to me.

Aurea_Arleigh
On 6/4/2021 at 2:40 AM, Suiseiseki said:

Hello! I'm hoping to start a thread to show the dolls I've gotten

@Suiseiseki Is Towa's lips closed or are they open? The pictures I keep seeing make it look like her mouth is open and her tongue is sticking out. Or is that a mirage? 

Emil
4 hours ago, RozensMaidens said:

@Suiseiseki Is Towa's lips closed or are they open? The pictures I keep seeing make it look like her mouth is open and her tongue is sticking out. Or is that a mirage? 

Her lips are parted, but she doesn't have a defined tongue (though you could probably paint one) 

It's similar to my DC-H-24s pictured, but she only has one flat colour for the whole mouth. You could easily paint some teeth on her, there's a decent sized "dent"(? not sure what to call it. Divot?) for the inside of her mouth basically. 

• Thanks 1

Emil

Brought the 24s back with me this week for more photos. 

PSX_20220714_200351 PSX_20220714_203247

not particularly fond of how these two turned out, but Alyssum is too cute not to post.

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 7

bananaaether

Your dolls and their names are too cute!!!

• Like 1

Emil

Gardenia has really taken the spotlight...

The move is taking longer than expected, so I've been taking more and more photos here while I still can.

PSX_20220723_194945

PSX_20220723_194653 PSX_20220723_195054 PSX_20220723_195215

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 8

Emil

I've been in my new house for a few weeks now, but I've mostly taken photos of my resin dolls recently. Finally took some of Amaryllis (Miu Amaha) this morning to share.

PSX_20220906_084843.jpg

PSX_20220906_084727.jpg

I don't like the second one much, but I was being swarmed by mosquitoes... It is what it is. 

• Like 3

Emil

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

PSX_20220919_185604.jpg

• Haha 1

Rajke
On 9/20/2022 at 2:33 AM, Emil said:

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

PSX_20220919_185604.jpg

Courgeist? 
@onion9@

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Emil

I haven't taken many photos of my DDs because I'm more focused on resin lately.... SOOOOO I brought everyone out to the backyard for a picnic now that the weather isn't awful and those blood-sucking monster insects aren't out.

20221018_170758.jpg

20221018_170729.jpg

I'll take photos of them in pairs later, but I'm enjoying the weather with them for now~

• Like 1

Emil

Unfortunately my camera died pretty fast, I hope it's not giving out on me 😭😭😭

I took a new group photo and some pictures of two different couples.

PSX_20221018_184722.jpg

PSX_20221018_184221.jpg

PSX_20221018_183613.jpg

• Like 4

PolitelyNefarious

@Emil You have such a lifelike touch with posing and angles! That pure silhouette shot is incredible. Loving all this natural lighting- it brings out the best in your girls. And such a diverse group too. The Witchcraft Academy is not lacking in creative and interesting students. I'd be curious to know more of their story sometime- there are definite snippets here.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Emil
1 hour ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@Emil You have such a lifelike touch with posing and angles! That pure silhouette shot is incredible. Loving all this natural lighting- it brings out the best in your girls. And such a diverse group too. The Witchcraft Academy is not lacking in creative and interesting students. I'd be curious to know more of their story sometime- there are definite snippets here.

Ah, thank you so much! 🥺 I do plan to make another thread with a manga-style photo story at some point in the future, I just need to get a partial diorama set up for them. I do need to update my doll profiles as well, I tried to put some of their story in those 🙌🏻

Emil

Almost Halloween time, and a perfect opportunity for a short photo series for how Cilia and Marie met. 

PSX_20221021_011218.jpg

It turned out difficult to see... but Marie (Rin Tohsaka, photo right) is holding her Azoth Sword/Dagger up to Cilia (Left, Saber Alter) 

Fate diehards would probably kill me for this since it's not supposed to be used for cutting things. But 1:3 scale daggers are hard to come by! 

_DSC0980

To avoid anything actually graphic (as well as staining.....) there's nothing *actually* going on here, lol. Story-wise, Marie was a vampire hunter prior to the Fifth Blight. And, if it's not clear by her general appearance, Cilia is meant to be a vampire. 

_DSC0033

This one turned out surprisingly well IMO, but I got lazy and forgot to crop out the stand. Just pretend you can't see it :)

Despite how it looks, Cilia isn't mortally wounded or anything. Vampires aren't so easily slain. Plus, her best friend (who later passed during the Blight, mostly because I don't have room for another DD...) is essentially a white mage/cleric. 

First time messing with indoor photography in quite a while, and I'm rather pleased considering I don't have my reflectors nor tripod with me, so I was kneeling down and praying some of the pictures would be in focus 😭

• Like 3

Emil

20221118_153457.jpg

A temporary setup while I stay at my dad's for the holidays. I need more 1:3 scale guns eventually, but I'm very happy with the ones I have now. Bluebell is a great desk assistant, she holds my cords so they don't get caught under my chair 😅 

• Like 3