Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Obitsu Uniform Project Girls

Monty

I’ve been meaning to make a thread like this for a while because I’m a big fan of them, and I don’t think there is one..? They are Obitsu’s 1/6 line of original characters that have rooted headcaps and inset eyes.

https://obitsu.co.jp/doll/eiri-re.html#

Each version is pretty limited (and seems to sell out very fast) but they release variants now and then. Most have only been available via the Obitsu online store, but sometimes when they collab with Azone and/or Dollybird the releases are available on places like amiami, for example this maid version of Eiri.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1068558

Twitter hashtag to see many cuties: #尾櫃制服計画

I have the special tan skin version of Sekiya Yuu, the ‘little devil’ version. I’ve been putting pure neemo S and M clothes on her, some fits aren’t perfect but most I’ve tried have been fine.

EmYhIhQVcAEpqAT.jpg
EkMGS5sU4AALdfO.jpg

Ey7dcuBVIAECPn5.jpg

They’re really adorable dolls, almost like mini DDs. (well, more accurately a mini bigger obitsu) 

Does anyone else have a Uniform Project doll or looking to get one? I always like to see more of them.

(i also I will fully admit I made this thread hoping I can get @Cauldroness to post all her uniform project cuties)

edit: found this handy chart of releases on twitter, although it won’t be up to date forever. There is some obvious bias towards Shino and Eiri, and cute as they are I’d like to see alts of the other girls too.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 4

Selenae

I was hoping someone would make a thread on these girls! I found this line awhile back while looking at Pure Neemo girls. I have my eye on Shizuka Mitsushiro and Mei Sekiya, but the aftermarket prices are so crazy. I haven't been able to find either cheaper than $300 USD, which is nuts.

Monty

Most of them (edit: the alts, Cauldy has better info on the standards uniform releases below) are clickwar releases with low numbers so I can imagine they’d be pricey second hand. My advice would be to watch the official obitsu twitter for any release news and get a proxy to order for you when there’s a drop. I know that Cauldy used a proxy shopping service to get them and I don’t think she’s missed out on one yet. I just threw the link for tan Yuu at my friend as soon as I saw it (thanks to cauldy) and was really happy I managed to get her, because she was previously a first come first serve sale at Wonder Festival so I assumed I’d never get her. She’s still the only one I’ve liked enough to buy (as much as I like all the others) but that could change with potential alts of the others, especially Suchika.

otherwise you can wait and hope for more Azone/Dollybird collabs. The Dollybird Shinos got an open preorder on amiami etc last year, although she still hasn’t shipped.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Cauldroness

[Cauldroness has been summoned]

Oh no, my weakness -- the little Obitsu girls!

I think I have enough of these now to form a pop idol group... I've got two Shino (+1 on pre-order), two Eiri, one Yu, and then one Miya on pre-order. (Yes @Monty I will try to get a group photo for you...)

To clarify a little bit about the shopping experience:

- The girls that come in SCHOOL UNIFORMS are regular releases and are sold during pre-order periods of roughly 3-4 weeks iirc. Anyone who orders during the pre-order period is guaranteed to get a doll. They are only sold through Obitsu, which only sells in Japan, so you do need a proxy (Obitsu only takes payment from Japanese sources, so you need a full proxy/shopping service and not a freight forwarding service). Obitsu allows proxies to place orders but has a hard max of 3 per proxy, regardless of how many customers they are representing. Wait times can be long, like 3-6 months. Obitsu always announces these girls on Twitter several weeks in advance, so as long as you keep your eyes out, these releases are fairly easy to get (if you miss the pre-order, then prepare for your wallet to die, because their prices skyrocket!).

- The girls that come in any other outfit are click-war. They are super-limited and sell out in minutes (sometimes in seconds). Adding to the pain is that Obitsu often releases these at weird times, like 11pm on Sunday night or midnight on Tuesday, so you have to find a proxy that is willing to order outside of standard business hours (expect to pay an extra fee for this). Before the pandemic, some of these limited models were only sold in person at specific doll shows, making them even harder to get a hold of.

---> Exceptions to this are the two pastel Shino girls, who were Dollybird pre-orders, and the rabbit and maid Eiri, which were official collaborations with Azone and could be pre-ordered via Azone (although I believe they still sold out very fast).

Please note that Fabric, Friends & Dolls are NOT an Obitsu proxy. (Monty is confusing my Azone obsession, which I do order through FF&D, with my Obitsu obsession, which FF&D does not carry.)

.....I'm really happy there are so many Shinos because she's totally my favorite and I'm definitely going to have one in every color.

• Like 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Monty

Oh thank you for clearing that up, I wasn’t sure if they released the standard uniform versions in a different manner or not because the sales were always over by the time I found out about them, and I was never really interested in the schoolgirl versions compared to the alts.

I’m so used to you using F&F, whoops, was it actually Nopin? I’ll edit that out. 

ladyroselie

I'm itching to share my collection, but dollys are all packed up for moving. I've got 9 of these beauties (2 still on PO, so only 7 at home) and I think I'm addicted 🙈 

I really love the Azone collaboration ones the best, but the Sleep Shino Yaesaka twins are really gorgeous too!

I think I want to get a wig for one of my girls, but I'm not sure the size. If anyone knows off the top of your head please let me know. 

Looking forward to seeing pictures of everyone's lovelies! 🥰

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

I think I've seen these on Mandrake - they're very cute, but out of my price range compared to Azone/Parabox.

...I would like to see more pics of them though.

InariPassenger

I made an unboxing of the Dollybird ver.!

• Like 3

Monty

The new kitty Sekiya Meis are adorable! Their details are coming soon.

Edited by Monty

Tasuke
On 7/28/2021 at 6:23 AM, InariPassenger said:

I made an unboxing of the Dollybird ver.!

isn't the OBITSU 26 just the loveliest 1/6 doll body ever?

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Monty

Wow, good news, seems like the new kitty girls will be a preorder instead of the usual clickwar for the alternate versions?

http://obibearmax.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-174.html

Again you will need a proxy, (and that proxy will only be able to order 5 of each), and the preorder starts tomorrow and lasts until the end of the month. (I would get in early, just in case…?) The dolls will ship in November.

The shop links for each doll are linked in the blog post. I noticed there’s a warning in English about sale within Japan only and no after sales support offered to overseas customers, but it should still be fine with a proxy so long as you accept that you can’t get any support for the dolls should anything be wrong.

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

I'm really tempted by the tan kitty, since that's not a color they have normally...but I have so much stuff to pay off this month...

(Aside question, does Obitsu have a physical store in Japan?)

ladyroselie

I don't have a Mei yet... I think I want one! I have the Angel Yu so I need white kitty Mei to display together right? 😆

SleepingElf

That tan kitty girl.... oh she is so lovely!! I regret overspending on new furniture now lol

Maybe if she sells well we might see more tan dolls from Obitsu?

cookimooon
On 7/30/2021 at 5:11 AM, Monty said:

The new kitty Sekiya Meis are adorable! Their details are coming soon.

I was gonna come in here and ask about these exact girls!! I know absolutely nothing about Obitsu dolls, but these girls had my intrigue. The pale one with the pink hair looks almost like an android to me, and the tan girl because tan!!!! 

I'm relieved to hear they're a pre-order too because my luck with clickwars is ... well, I'm just glad it's not a clickwar. lol 

Manaphyyy

20210708_201228.jpg.e921eb2c085495fa238ad82c9a602791.jpg

I fell in love with tan Sekiya Yu after seeing some of these girls featured in a Dollybird magazine a while ago. I love her so much, she's got such a sweet face and the posing is great on the Obitsu24 body. I just wish that the angel and devil versions came with shoes haha

Those cat girls are absolutely adorable. I've been tempted to get a sister for Yu and I'd love for one of those two to fill that role.

• Like 2

ladyroselie

Just a temporary home for a few dollys while I figure out the if I want a Billy bookcase or a Deltof 🤔 

Edited by ladyroselie

Oculae

I really love the pastel Dollybird collab girls. I saw one on Manda a few days ago and was sorely tempted,
but she was sold out when I checked again in an hour. Now I know why! I'll have to keep an eye out for them, they're adorable.

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Selenae

Definitely going to ask my proxy to help me snag a tan Mei! She's so cuuuute.

@monkeypizzasonic They do! A few, actually.

monkeypizzasonic

Cool, more places to go spend all my money. I'm gonna have to save up a lot next year.

(Also looks like Mandrake got a shipment in recently, there's quite a few up for sale.)

Selenae

I've secured my tan Mei! I can't wait, I'm so excited. 🥰

• Like 1

ladyroselie

So this may be controversial, but I'm thinking about commissioning a new face up for my Yu. I'd like to hear folk's thoughts. 

Like would it be more worthwhile to sell her and just get a new blank Obitsu doll? 

I've tried multiple wigs and outfits and I've concluded that I just don't like her face up, especially her barely there lips.

What would y'all do? Keep the doll and try and make her a better fit or just let go and move on? 🤔

ladyroselie

I haven't bought a doll in a few months now, but 💸 if my proxy comes through 🤞🏻 Otherwise I'm stalking the secondary market 🙈

Obitsu Post

natsushizu_sl_01s.jpg

natsushizu_sw_01s.jpg

ladyroselie

I managed to get the dark haired girl 🤩 Which is good for me since I'm actually that pale myself and usually go for fair dollies. I did love the other one too, but she seems to have sold out super fast 😭 Maybe I'll just get a blonde wig for my standard Shizuka (she's in a cute green Mimiel one right now, I should probably take a picture). 

Did anybody else get one or both? *she whispered into the void of a very quiet dolly thread* 🤫

Oculae

Just recently got lucky on the secondhand market and got myself a Shino!

20211118_200040.jpg.95999fec0e2d957833505421d1442788.jpg

This girl is so beautiful, and well-engineered too! She puts my 1/6 Azone boy's posability to shame. 😂

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!