Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ragnamuffin

Chuchu Doll Hina

ragnamuffin

Does anybody else collect these cuties? They’re called chuchu doll HINA, designed by doll maker DOLCHU and made to order by Hobby Japan. They use Obitsu 11 bodies and you can make tiny outfits for them using the instructions in Dollybird magazine and the PDFs on their website.

Blue Cat

Red Rabbit

Little Red Riding Hood & Alice in Wonderland

Military Sailor & Classic Sailor

And here are the PDFs to make the outfits:

Print Dress Lessons

• Thanks 1

SleepingElf

Oh! They're so adorable I just want to scoop them all up and put them in my pockets! I don't have any but these are just so sweet. The PDFs are great too. I love the idea of just printing the clothing pattern onto fabric paper and folding it together like those paper shapes in math class. Would you need a special printer?

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
10 hours ago, SleepingElf said:

Oh! They're so adorable I just want to scoop them all up and put them in my pockets! I don't have any but these are just so sweet. The PDFs are great too. I love the idea of just printing the clothing pattern onto fabric paper and folding it together like those paper shapes in math class. Would you need a special printer?

Right?? They’re so cute and making the outfits seems like a fun quarantine project. For the printer, it just says inkjet printer so I don’t think you’d need anything too fancy (although it does say to practice with paper first). I’m trying to find secondhand copies of the older issues of Dollybird with the instructions.

Irulazuli

I have the Red Rabbit Hina! Below is a photo from her opening - unfortunately, I am too scared to make the outfit yet ^^'

She truly is very cute! I am so very tempted to get the Blue Cat as well (as they are both still in stock on AmiAmi), but I think I would like the unsmiling ones more.

Also, fyi, Hobbysearch has previous Dollybirds available as back-order: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/list/1798/0/1 (they are my source at least).

IMG_20210609_093045_013.jpg

• Like 2

ragnamuffin
On 6/9/2021 at 4:32 PM, Irulazuli said:

I have the Red Rabbit Hina! Below is a photo from her opening - unfortunately, I am too scared to make the outfit yet ^^'

She truly is very cute! I am so very tempted to get the Blue Cat as well (as they are both still in stock on AmiAmi), but I think I would like the unsmiling ones more.

Also, fyi, Hobbysearch has previous Dollybirds available as back-order: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/list/1798/0/1 (they are my source at least).

She is too cute! I totally understand being too scared of screwing up the dress. Need to find a scanner and scan the designs before attempting them.

Thanks for the link to Hobbysearch. I could buy them here in person since the Azone Labelshops in Akihabara and Ikebukuro stock them, but buying them all new would cost a fortune 😢

Edited by ragnamuffin

Irulazuli
7 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

She is too cute! I totally understand being too scared of screwing up the dress. Need to find a scanner and scan the designs before attempting them.

Thanks for the link to Hobbysearch. I could buy them here in person since the Azone Labelshops in Akihabara and Ikebukuro stock them, but buying them all new would cost a fortune 😢

I definitely plan on making a mockup or test outfit before commiting to the pretty fullset fabric ^^'

I envy you! I wish I had easier access to Japanese shops. I like collecting various doll-related books, so I grab them whenever a doll I like is featured (and of course, my most coveted no 27 is out of stock...). If you decide to order a doll, they do come with instruction booklet.

ragnamuffin
6 hours ago, Irulazuli said:

I envy you! I wish I had easier access to Japanese shops. I like collecting various doll-related books, so I grab them whenever a doll I like is featured (and of course, my most coveted no 27 is out of stock...). If you decide to order a doll, they do come with instruction booklet.

You mean Dollybird Vol. 27? I’ve noticed that particular one was low stock/sold out at all the places I’ve looked too. If you don’t mind my asking, which doll does it feature that you like?

Irulazuli

I am mostly drawn to Unoa Quluts with stylings by Hanon. I am angry at myself that I did not order them when they were released - they go for double the price now on Mandarake etc...

ragnamuffin
17 hours ago, Irulazuli said:

I am mostly drawn to Unoa Quluts with stylings by Hanon. I am angry at myself that I did not order them when they were released - they go for double the price now on Mandarake etc...

Oh wow, I’d never seen Unoa Quluts before. They’re gorgeous!

ragnamuffin

The new chuchu dolls Hina & Yume were on display at the Azone Labelshop in Akihabara last week, so I took some pictures when I popped by. Hina is the one with short hair and Yume is the new chuchu doll with long hair.

Spoiler

623AD806-D5E8-423F-B900-9262A2BD6430
EA611CB5-32C0-4A41-BB94-4F1769F35AB1

• Like 1

DollyInsider

chuchu dolls are so cute. I set out for 1 but somehow ended up with 2 in my collection 

It’s so challenging for me to resist them

I too was hesitant about starting the pattern

But it’s not as bad as the mind makes it out to be

I’ve done about about 5 so far

They're not all easy because google translate loves to give strange translations and that frustrates me to no end

But by studying the image and looking at the numbers printed on the pattern I eventually get something that resembles Dolchu’s design 😅

And if I mess it up, I know can always buy blank fabric sheets and try it again

• Like 1