The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

fleshbird

Stability of Parabox head on Obitsu 27cm body?

fleshbird

So I'm pretty new to this hobby and just received my first doll, a Parabox Akari head with a 27cm Obitsu body, and was wondering how loose the head should be since I have no experience (I don't want to mess it up, either!). Right now her head is mostly stable and turns right to left without any issue, but is perhaps a little loose in holding up/down facing positions. I'm not sure how to explain it - basically it takes only a light touch for her head to tilt a little downwards again, and those poses aren't held as strong as right/left facing poses. Is this typical for these bodies? I did notice that the neck joint (I think that's what you'd call it) seemed a little wiggly on its own too. Overall it's not a huge issue but something I want to make sure I'm doing right. I screwed the neck piece in for what seemed like quite a while trying to make sure it was tight enough, and made sure the neck was placed snugly up against the base of the head. I selected the largest neck piece included as well, as it was the one that kept her head the most stable when I screwed it in as far as I could.

I was also unsure of what the different sizes of neck pieces mean - the ones that go in the head and are screwed in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Tasuke

pick up some 3M Scotch PVC adhesive tape at your local WAL-MART (available in a variety of colors, i use White)

and wrap the neck post about 1 to 3 times. this should give you a tight head-to-neck interface.

i've done this numerous times with my own OBITSUs, 22/23/24/26/27cm. (both old and new versions of the 24)

and this technique has served me well with them all...

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

fleshbird
On 6/10/2021 at 12:01 PM, Tasuke said:

pick up some 3M Scotch PVC adhesive tape at your local WAL-MART (available in a variety of colors, i use White)

and wrap the neck post about 1 to 3 times. this should give you a tight head-to-neck interface.

i've done this numerous times with my own OBITSUs, 22/23/24/26/27cm. (both old and new versions of the 24)

and this technique has served me well with them all...

Thanks for the reply! I might have to do this to her waist too, it's somewhat loose like her head is. Thank you for the tip!

abs2891

Coming from obitsu 11 experience but the different neck pieces are to provide stability/motion depending on the head’s neck hole so picking the largest should be giving you maximum stability the doll on its own can do (so yeah, go for the tape lol)

fleshbird
On 6/19/2021 at 10:11 PM, abs2891 said:

Coming from obitsu 11 experience but the different neck pieces are to provide stability/motion depending on the head’s neck hole so picking the largest should be giving you maximum stability the doll on its own can do (so yeah, go for the tape lol)

That's what I thought! I'll definitely be picking up some tape soon. Thanks for the help 😄