Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Victoria

Experience with Fabric & Friends

Victoria

Hi there,

I was wondering if here is anyone with the same problem. :( I have messaged Iris about 1 year ago for Shiki and CC to be put on a waiting list and she was always super quick with responses. (Like...within 1 day. Even at the weekend)

She also kept me up to date about 3 weeks ago regarding Shiki and told me she was still waiting for a reply from Danny regarding pricing and amount of dolls she is getting. About one week later I have asked if there are any news as she told me she will know more in that week. No response. Then I messaged her 7 days later again with a kind reminder and got no response until now either. ;-;  

I'm really confused now and am wondering if I was banned for some reason?! I was able to buy smth. in the SmD-shop just fine a short time ago, so I'm even more confused. Or is it normal that, in some cases, it takes a looooong time for a reply? 

I have read in another topic that Danny is sharing a ban-list with his retailers. 

Kind regards

Victoria

(Sorry for the extra topic but I did not want to spam the Facebook one and wanted to find out more about it)

• Sad 1

BeyondTime

I’m curious if anyone getting the silent treatment has tried outright asking her if they are banned?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Cauldroness

Iris has hinted that she has some issues going on in her life outside of work right now. She's the primary person running the shop and it's easy for her to get busy and overwhelmed. I noticed her replies with me have been extra-slow lately. I would just be patient and be as understanding as you can. Even shop owners are people too.

• Like 2

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Roxanne

I have read from multiple people that she seems to be slower than usual lately. I think she must feel very overwhelmed with all the requests for the licensed dolls + interstellar blue's she's getting. I have contacted her a couple of months ago to be put on the waiting list for Blue Prowess, and she told me she couldn't guarantee me a spot as the waiting list was already super long. She is getting more requests in now than she probably ever received in the past. So I wouldn't worry too much. I mean, of course it is worrisome if you really want a doll and aren't getting a response, but I think in the ban aspect you are safe. 

My instagram! 

Victoria
15 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I’m curious if anyone getting the silent treatment has tried outright asking her if they are banned?

That would be quite interesting. I will wait another week as I don't want to flood her inbox with messages but I can ask her this Friday as another week has passed then. 

I know it sometimes takes time but usually you should get reply at least within one week or so? :( Especially after reading that folks are getting super fast replies if they have questions about other dolls. Since I have asked Danny smth. about an order (regarding product specifications) before my last order I'm a little bit afraid that my previous order was accidently approved and I'm nevertheless on his blacklist. 

BeyondTime
38 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I'm a little bit afraid that my previous order was accidently approved and I'm nevertheless on his blacklist.

That’s why I am wondering if anyone has asked. I’ve seen a lot of people saying they appear to be cut off from getting SmartDolls from F&F, but so far that’s just an assumption people are making based on Danny’s behavior. The only way for anyone to know for sure is to ask outright. In that circumstance, even no response to such a query is an answer. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Veravey
16 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

Iris has hinted that she has some issues going on in her life outside of work right now.

This was my first reaction, too.

From what I've personally experienced and observed over the past 6 months, many hobby outlets/suppliers/buyers/etc. are experiencing higher volumes. In December, I completed a research project for work around the effects of the pandemic and the increase working from home. We researched employee mental/physical health, productivity, etc. etc. and a lot of people are looking to thier hobbies to improve mental health. We're also stuck at home thinking about them a lot more, time allowing. The TCG market has been wild, just look at the Pokémon chaos (although that's in part to scalpers, important detail to remember, but a lot of collectors came back to buying, too.)

I'm leaning towards that she's ok and just busy and that you're not banned <3

Hopefully this thread gives you some piece of mind. I remember panicking that I'd be declined when I ordered my SmDs in November directly from CJ. Their orders are fast, but god are they stressful.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Victoria

Seems like I have not been banned and she was indeed busy. 🥺 Got the invoice for my Shiki girl. 

It's kinda sad that you have to be worried regarding future transactions if you say anything that is not 10000% positive. I don't mind waiting a while for replies but since you can get banned that easily it really stressed me out. 

I'm wondering if that "silent treatment" that real banned users experience is also just due to the fact that Iris is overwhelmed with inquiries right now. 

Edited by Victoria
  • Like 6

Katsudon

I'm really glad you got your doll! What a relief! The anxiety over ordering sucks, but hopefully getting a doll will make up for it. How can it not just melt away when looking into their cute faces... <3

• Like 2