Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

M-E-I-K-O!

Monty

-some BGM for this thread since I was too lazy to film an unboxing vid this time-

Also theres mild doll nudity in this thread.

It’s been a long time since I’ve made a thread for a new arrival, but I took some unboxing pics of Meiko last night. She arrived on Tuesday but I was busy for a few days, and although I still kinda am, I couldn’t take it anymore and didn’t want to wait. I couldn’t even wait to set up my photo box thing, so these pics might be a bit grainy as it was night.

B5944-F3-E-0-F93-40-E1-97-B8-DFD799849-B
I’m a big fan of the box design personally.

I was actually a bit on the fence about getting her - I caved in on the final hour of the preorder and so I was a bit worried that I’d just succumbed to FOMO. But then I saw her face…

530-FCDA0-4-C86-421-B-89-BB-298910-E7-E1

As usual, she’s way cuter irl. This has nothing to do with Volks abilities at showing her off - I think they went above and beyond this time, showing her in different outfits and even doing their own unbox videos (these were really helpful in getting me to make up my mind). And yet, I still had the !!! moment of how much I liked her in person! Particularly her eyes, which I thought I was going to change ASAP. I might still do that eventually but I’m not in any hurry too now.

238103-C7-9944-4695-B908-AD5-E457-F7624.Feels like forever since I unboxed a brand new DD... (It was a year and 3 months or so but still). It’s always such a dopamine rush. also new vinyl smell 🤌

7-F2-B3-FA8-AC2-E-4975-98-E9-8-C0-E026-EMeiko is my 10th DD, but she is only the 3rd one on the f3 body. Because the other two are 9S and Arle 2, she’s my first DD (as opposed to DDB) f3. For a while I just played around with her posing - I really love the f3 body. Makes me wish all of mine were f3 but I can’t really justify the cost of all those upgrades (and it isn’t possible for the 2 boys and 1 tan whose bodies can’t be purchased separately)

B3-D5839-E-DA11-4-E92-A3-EA-EF4-B57929-A

All her fullset stuff is…still in the box (i took out the wig though) which is another reason I didn’t make an unbox and dress up video. I don’t know if I’m going to keep it, so it would be better to leave it unopened if I want to sell it. This is because I wanted to turn my Meiko into Meito, and was going to decide whether I would or not after seeing my impression of her in person.

My impression is that she makes a really cute, sassy boy who is also a model, which is the concept I had in mind. That’s why Meito went straight into this new boys uniform (I changed the cardigan to one I think suits the colour scheme more) Even though I do think M was a surprising bust choice for Meiko, it makes me glad it’s not L because it’s easier to disguise with layers until I can get him an SS bust.

67366578-741-F-451-F-9581-EAE2-EBBBC67-FI was prepared to replace to wig pretty soon due to it inexplicably having a black cap, but I wasn’t prepared to actually really like the wig! It’s so soft and fluffy, so I might keep it (with a wig cap…I don’t have one in hand atm so I think I’ll use some cling wrap temporarily). I’m still trying to figure out how to best style it for Meito. It wants to puff up a bit.

1-BD45875-4-C1-B-49-D0-8-B73-E86-BBEED63

I’ll have to take more pics of him later, and a group shot with all the others(maybe with Mel and Waver awkwardly in the background, since they’re only Lens technically.)

• Like 10

OccultBeast
13 minutes ago, Monty said:

-some BGM for this thread

Not me having this song stuck in my head for the next week...!  jk it already was from your insta stories lmao

I'm so excited to see what you do with him!  If your other boys are anything to go off of (cough Cygnus cough) I know you're going to do some top tier stuff with Meito and I am pumped to live vicariously through your photos of him.  I was already dying the moment I saw you put him in the boys pant uniform. 🙏

• Like 1

Jezrah

Oh, he's looking great so far! 👍

I'm also turning my Meiko into a boy, but he will no longer be a Vocaloid at all, so I'm interested to see how your boy turns out. It will take me a while to finish mine since I gave the girl body to my last girl that had been using a DDII body. I also know from experience that I personally don't like using an SS bust for a boy (though it doesn't bother me on others' dolls), so I need to gather parts first. I think it might have to do with the type of clothes I put them in giving the bewbs away.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

PipSqueek

I saw her announcement on the volks website and wanted her so badly, but alas I am broke, and one doll is enough for right this minute, congrats on her though. 😄

Starr

She's very cute! But I 100% agree, I see boy too! I do love the comparison of his face and the doll box though, it really looks like Volks went all out. ❤️

SoVR

Wow, congrats ! What a beauty ! Love her face a lot.