Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 92

BeyondTime

The next issue is out June 28th. 

https://www.volks.co.jp/cs/news/20210623_01.html

Just a reminder that GL members can now buy it for 0 yen as long as you order it along with other items. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Cinnamoron

The girls for this event have been teased on Twitter!  DD Emilia 2nd Version and DDS FGO Scathach-Skadi!

2E52CBF3-DEC7-4AA7-98D9-26541168CBC7.jpeg

99B909E1-0BF1-4295-A45C-8C3D069F4E7C.jpeg

• Like 2

Monty

Emilia 2nd also has an updated faceup. I’m in two minds about it - I like that she has a more obvious smile, but I think the blushing on the original was…cuter? But I’ll wait for more pics. It’ll be interesting to see a photo of both Emilias side by side.

edit: Also, unless they’re gonna break the pattern of the last few years, the June issue is when we get Dream Choice updates so I’m excited for new heads if there are any. Hoping for a new mature head after all the cutesy baby ones last year! 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

finnleo
25 minutes ago, Monty said:

Emilia 2nd also has an updated faceup. I’m in two minds about it - I like that she has a more obvious smile, but I think the blushing on the original was…cuter? But I’ll wait for more pics. It’ll be interesting to see a photo of both Emilias side by side.

Emilia seconds seems to be more in tune with the latest artwork by Ohtsuka Shinichirou, based on the white dots in the cheeck blush for instance. though the eyelashes are bit more based on the anime art, which was a bit of a thing in the first one. -- But indeed a more happy looking Emilia.

What makes me a bit curious is that they are doing the same base dress, and not for instance her revised robe from the end of the latest anime season, or the outfit she had in her story where she met Puck (missed snowboard opportunity too...)

Also ... Echidna would have made a bit more sense overall, or Beatrice ... hell even a DDSB Felix just to mix things up -- though we know volks cant do animal ears properly.. so..

oh well... as a V1 owner, another reason to go throw a quiet temper-tantrum, and go pack the collection up amd stuff it in a closet out of building frustrations ... heh..

Lynn

?!? Emilia?! Volks, you CANNOT do this to me! Emilia is the only DD I'm going to buy no matter what, and now she is coming?!.... I bet she's some super limited lottery, though, knowing both Volks and my luck. 

And she is f3, isn't she? Now, I know I am in a minority here, but I really am not a fan of that body type. Doll who seems to drop its limbs by default is... something I don't wish to see in my collection. 🙄

But it's Emilia! 😍 Maybe I can live with dropping legs!... Maybe. 

Irulazuli

I was REALLY tempted to go for Caster... She's one Fate character I kinda like visually, and DD looks very cute... but then I saw information about Lorina/Jo rerelease.

I was looking to buy next DD, glad I didn't yet! 

• Like 1

Elia

Ahhh I'm so excited about Emilia! She looks so sweet, I'm loving the updated faceup. Original release was way out of my budget second hand so I'm really happy I might have a chance at V2. Hopefully. If she's available to GL members.

Miabird24

I hope skadi is a preorder, shes gorgeous and I need her!!

abs2891

Gorgeous, but my wallet is safe for now.  Will have to see if they make any announcements for dream choice and what outfits they have in store…

archeotech

Had been thinking about getting Emilia before and now I'm glad I didn't, I really like this new version! :) Still as much as I want her I do have mixed feelings about when they suddenly re-release an older limited doll with new upgrades. Having flashbacks to the time I shelled out big money for original Saber and then literally the next day Volks announced the newer pre-order version of Saber with Jeanne. T_T Thankfully I manage to find a nice home (and 80% of my money back) for the older version so I could get the newer one.  

Anyway also very interested in Skadi! 😧 Will have to see more pictures but the temptation is strong! 

You know last few years I only seem to get the pre-order dolls from Volks so wasn't expected anything I'd really want this time either but nope they pull out 2 dolls I want! Financially the timing isn't the greatest T_T 

archeotech

Just thinking more on Skadi, her design seems to be based more around her in game FateGo sprite rather than the artwork. If she was based around the artwork her hair would be more of a wine colour, she'd be using a DD body rather than a sister, and her chest would be large. 

• Like 1

hats

I really like the updated faceup for Emilia. UGH Why did my 15 year old mac have to finally crap out on me and need replacing. 😭 Here's to hoping my finances will allow me to try for her.

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Lynn said:

Doll who seems to drop its limbs by default is... something I don't wish to see in my collection.

I have 17 girls on f3 bodies now, and no issues with limbs falling off. The legs can loosen up with play just like with the DDIII, but I habitually push them in after I pose them, so they never work completely loose. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tokimemofan
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I have 17 girls on f3 bodies now, and no issues with limbs falling off. The legs can loosen up with play just like with the DDIII, but I habitually push them in after I pose them, so they never work completely loose. 

Total agreement my sailor mars has had an arm fall off exactly once, Momo had her leg go flying almost every day if her outfit didn’t hold it on.  It seems to be much harder to disassemble the arms and legs though.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
34 minutes ago, Tokimemofan said:

Momo had her leg go flying almost every day if her outfit didn’t hold it on.

M.O.M.O. on the original DDS? Or is this a girl on an f3?

On the f3 I’d only expect the leg to fall off if it’s not seated properly, and on the original DDS body I’d look for a cracked leg joint to explain a leg that won’t stay on. The legs shouldn’t fall off either body. 

marishade

Caster is really tempting. . . But I think I can just admire her from afar. Her outfit looks amazing.

I am also safe from Emilia as she does not interest me. :)

Tokimemofan
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

M.O.M.O. on the original DDS? Or is this a girl on an f3?

On the f3 I’d only expect the leg to fall off if it’s not seated properly, and on the original DDS body I’d look for a cracked leg joint to explain a leg that won’t stay on. The legs shouldn’t fall off either body. 

Yes the xenosaga character no cracks there but rather worn and couldn’t hold a pose anymore the left leg would often fall off when moving her.  The f3 definitely is better in most ways, of course disassembling the arms and legs is a headache, unfortunately I have to do that to sailor mars to deal with a rather big problem 

Edited by Tokimemofan

OccultBeast

I'm literally dying just at the sneak-peeks of new outfits on the model page (thanks for the link to @Monty)!  Hakama sets!  Bikinis!  Cheering sets!  My wallet weeps.  Also three new heads:  DDH-23, DDH-24, DDH-26 (boy head!).

• Like 2

kino

I had my heart set on Skadi and Emilia but.. that 26... T_T  

abs2891

That 26 head is about to jump the line on what dream choice I try to get next 

edit: Is he also in a new wig?

Edited by abs2891

Maia
9 minutes ago, abs2891 said:

That 26 head is about to jump the line on what dream choice I try to get next 

I think he has new eyes too.

abs2891
2 minutes ago, Mars said:

Yeah, agree - I couldn’t pick an X type when I made my first two months ago - the only special limited then were T

OccultBeast
12 minutes ago, abs2891 said:

2 minutes ago, Mars said:

Looks like it; both are listed as Dream Choice Limited.  Nice to see some new parts~!

Monty
14 minutes ago, kino said:

I had my heart set on Skadi and Emilia but.. that 26... T_T  

If you want the limited DDs I’d go for them over Dream choice. Dream Choice you can do whenever (with a proxy, anyway) but the limited DDs you may not get another chance.

Besides, the extra wait means that you have more time to see owner pics. I’ve been smitten with 24 but I’m holding off for that same reason. I assume these will be orderable from DD fest in mid July (I think that’s when it usually is??) so I hope a lot of people go for them.