Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 92

BeyondTime
20 hours ago, AliensOfGold said:

How many wigs do you get with each Gacha purchase?

5 Wigs with the wig bag, and 5 sets of eyes with the eye bag.

I am pretty sure the Lucky Bags can include new items and also used items from display models in the stores.

--

I really want to dress Iori in this set, but alas no DDP fit...

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_FASHION/4518992435565.html

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

AliensOfGold

If those are still available after they've shipped my current orders I might grab some, but otherwise I've got 3 new wigs to try out.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, AliensOfGold said:

If those are still available after they've shipped my current orders I might grab some, but otherwise I've got 3 new wigs to try out.

It was a single weekend event in Japan, so the event is already over.

• Sad 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

AliensOfGold
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

It was a single weekend event in Japan, so the event is already over.

Well I guess I won’t be doing that.😄

BeyondTime
12 minutes ago, AliensOfGold said:

Well I guess I won’t be doing that.😄

Yeah, I kick myself for forgetting it during the start of the July sale. I’m paying shipping twice as a result. 

DaemonNoyz

So, I assume this cute bikini will not fit the Mochi Ashi girls? 😭

"Ruffled Bikini & Shorts Set / Mini"

BeyondTime
54 minutes ago, DaemonNoyz said:

IIRC Mochi Ashi have an MDD torso and Mochi Ashi legs and feet. I would think the bikini briefs would fit, but you might have to remove one or both legs to get them on. I bet the shorts do not fit, because that material won’t have the elasticity to accommodate those chubby legs. 

I really hope that Mochi Ashi doesn’t end up a clothing orphan like DDP has. 😕 I can understand Volks not making stuff if there isn’t demand, but it still frustrating that Iori has no pants. She needs a nice set of blue jeans and a tux. 😃

apag22
1 hour ago, DaemonNoyz said:

The website will usually say what sets fit what dolls! If it fits, MDD Mochi Ashi will be listed :) 

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, DaemonNoyz said:

Unfortunately, no.  BeyondTime is right that you can likely get the bikini bottoms to fit if you remove the legs, but the shorts probably won't fit.

And apag22 is also right.  The listing for the set states it fits MDD (S / M / L), but when a set fits both, it specifically says: MDD (S / M / L), MDD Mochi-Ashi (S / M / L), as seen in the Schoolgirl Hakama Set / Mini listing.

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

BeyondTime is right that you can likely get the bikini bottoms to fit if you remove the legs

If they’re elastic enough then removing the legs might not be necessary, but I figured better to point out the worst case scenario before money gets spent on something that doesn’t meet expectations.

OccultBeast
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

If they’re elastic enough then removing the legs might not be necessary, but I figured better to point out the worst case scenario before money gets spent on something that doesn’t meet expectations.

For sure, and sometimes taking off limbs is the best way to get some pieces on without struggling excessively anyway, even for ones that do fit a specific size.

AliensOfGold

Apparently the Olympics are going to halt post from Japan due to holidays?

If so that sucks and it's going to be a very long wait from VOLKS.🙄

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, AliensOfGold said:

Apparently the Olympics are going to halt post from Japan due to holidays?

If so that sucks and it's going to be a very long wait from VOLKS.🙄

Volks usually posts holiday schedule changes on their website, and I don’t see anything about them being closed. I doubt DHL is shutting down, but postal service would close if it’s a holiday. 

AliensOfGold

I forgot they used DHL now.

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, AliensOfGold said:

I forgot they used DHL now.

AFAIK, only to certain countries like the US. 

abs2891

Not sure about international but on the domestic side we’ve been told there could be delays in postal service because of the Olympics but yeah, things are still shipping (these delays being ~1 day per the notices so not that bad)

Edit: to note, we do have holidays the next two days due to shuffling of public holidays for the olympics and I’ve seen some online shops announce they aren’t working the next four days, giving their staff a long weekend off so there could be some delays in processing this week depending on where you’re shopping

Edited by abs2891

AliensOfGold
8 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

AFAIK, only to certain countries like the US. 

And Australia because Japan Post no longer deliver EMS packages to us so DHL picked up the slack. Nice little get for them I guess. Business must have increased about 1000% when covid hit.

finnleo
4 hours ago, AliensOfGold said:

And Australia because Japan Post no longer deliver EMS packages to us

EMS is a bit tricky, since its still dependant on active airlines to and from the country. did a quick poke, and Quantas seems to have a route every two days from Sydney to Tokyo-Narita going at the moment for instance, so some progress should be happening -- a bit of a scary thought, but one outline was the backlog of stuff that needed to be taken care of before the service would resume.

Also checked the japan post ems page, and according to them EMS should have resumed operations to the US on June 1, but dunno how thats happened in practice, also the possobility that vendors are lazy to check available destinations, or after signing up for deals with DHL they are running those contracts to the end.

Edited by finnleo

Galvatim

EMS is back in the US, but DHL tends to be cheaper at the moment.  My last AmiAmi order was actually less to ship with EMS, (not by much, 1000 yen or so), and went very smoothly.  

Wasabi
14 hours ago, abs2891 said:

Edit: to note, we do have holidays the next two days due to shuffling of public holidays for the olympics and I’ve seen some online shops announce they aren’t working the next four days, giving their staff a long weekend off so there could be some delays in processing this week depending on where you’re shopping

Not me anxiously checking the website twice a day to see whether my order has already been shipped. Nah-ah. 

... *checks again*

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Wasabi said:

Not me anxiously checking the website twice a day to see whether my order has already been shipped. Nah-ah. 

... *checks again*

Usually it’s 2 - 3 weeks for event shipments, but they have had some slowdowns due to COVID. I’m generally expecting 4 - 5 weeks for shipment, and if they beat that it’s great. 

• Thanks 1

foo

FWIW, Volks since shipping became an issue Volks has been able to use EMS to Canada, but my last shipment (er, last month?) was DHL for some reason.