Chise

Testament

Yami Usagi

Kizuna & Chitose

Baldylox

Damiensdolls

Vaccinated-only Chicago mini-meetup?

Oculae

Yay!!! I'll have to think carefully on who I bring - a lot will depend on whether or not certain packages arrive in time, I think. 😆

I'll also see how much PVC pipes cost when I visit the hardware store this weekend - with no whiteboards or magnetic surfaces to work with, I'll have to get a bunch to set up all the backdrops! Looking forward to it

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Noxxbunny

Man, this looks fun! I was just in Chicago this week but have already left. But now that I know I'm only 2 hours away by train instead of 3 by bus, I hope I can attend a meet before I move out of IL next year. I haven't seen Chicago at all since I got here last year, which has been a bummer. Hope everyone has a good time!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

That_Dollfie_Dude

I have a SD Full Choice Ever Beauty I can bring if anyone is also interested in Volks resin side.  I know that not everyone has had a chance to see an Ever Beauty in person, since they only officially sell them to Japanese residents.  

75068265-AD50-4BB2-AEF1-AD11381A21EA.jpeg

• Like 1

Oculae

Pictures of the backgrounds I plan on bringing! (Provided PVC pipe doesn't cost my life savings...)

spacer.png

This one is easily my favorite of the bunch, and about 3 feet square so it'll fit multiple dolls for a group shot!

spacer.png

A nice plain room setup. You might be able to fit 2 in here, but it's best suited for 1.

IMG_20200616_100442_159.jpg.f9305b48810f11f6e66de6a04901ef3c.jpg

This one is still at work, but I plan on bringing this too - as you can see it works great with my 50cm!

spacer.png

This one I'm less sure on - I might look into bringing either a green screen or a nice sequined fabric instead of this one. I think it looks a little like "dolls hanging out in a back alley", which I dunno if people will go for. 😂

Depending on PVC pipe costs, I'll be bringing these in this order of priority: Candy store with car > Magnolia tree > Green Screen / Sequined Fabric > Plain room > Back alley

So plan outfits accordingly!

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Galvatim

I can't get off from work, no meetup for me.  Hope the rest of you have fun.  

Damiensdolls

Saturday is coming up fast! If you see this message before then, feel free to give an rsvp so I can get an idea of how many of the respondents are actually planning on coming (but don’t worry, you can still come even if you haven’t rsvp’d, just thought I’d ask cuz it’d be nice to know how many people to expect ^u^)

Also, I should probably bring it up now just so everyone knows beforehand: I am autistic! So I likely will not make eye contact and may have a lot of trouble with communication, but I want everyone to know I will try my absolute best and I never mean any harm! Let’s all be considerate of anyone who may have disabilities and do our best to have lots of fun sharing our favorite hobby! 💙

I’m really looking forward to it!

That_Dollfie_Dude
37 minutes ago, Damiensdolls said:

…give an rsvp so I can get an idea of how many of the respondents are actually planning on coming

Hello Damien!

Thank you so much for your willingness to plan this gathering on this weekend while I’m here in Chicago.  My roommate and I are going to attend, so let me RSVP the both of us, since he’s not a member of this forum. 

• Like 1

Oculae

I'm coming! Bringing some doll backdrops, some dolls, and maybe some cards with my Insta and stuff on em too.

Excited for it!

• Like 1

That_Dollfie_Dude

The girls are in Chi-town!  See you soon!

46335449-A9B4-40EB-B668-50407E8DFCBD.jpeg

• Like 1

K-2

Extremely late RSVP. Had to wait till the last minute. Kizuna won't put on her shoes.

See ya soon!

MVSig.jpg

Damiensdolls

Thank you so much to everyone who came! I’m surprised I was able to talk so much, thank you all for being so nice! There were some really adorable dolls too, I was so happy to see the Eiji, Karin, and Miku in particular! I almost didn’t wanna leave T_T

I had a lot of fun and it felt like everyone else did too. So thank you all so much 💙

Oculae

It was super fun! Thanks so much for your hard work organizing and hosting it!

For those who couldn't attend, here's the full lineup of every doll that was there!

20211023_154740.jpg.c3c435f8813cc001ea932fe7e0382e6a.jpg

For a mini-meetup, there sure were a lot! 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Testament

<3 what a wonderful group! Kizuna, Chitose, the kittens too! K-2 brought an army there XD

• Haha 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

battrastard

An awesome group of Kiddos. Would have loved to see them in person! 

do it again, please?