MADh Vinyl

Chise

Testament

Kizuna & Chitose

Baldylox

MaleficentMrsofEvil

DIY NEOH/PA Meet-up?

MaleficentMrsofEvil

This is also a topic of interest on DoA (Den of Angels BJD forum). The main doll community in Ohio appears to be in Zenia (BFE), and it seems to be more baby doll focused. I know a couple NEOH (Northeast Ohio) BJD collectors who would love to start something - even though Cleveland permanently shut down the IX Center. 😭

Basically - I assume there's interest, but nobody knows each other. So if we want a doll group, we're going to have to build one from the ground up. And as I'm just the sort of person to go barreling halfcocked into any new thing that needs doing - I guess I'm volunteering to coordinate something. 

It would have to be a pretty big tent dollwise, at least at first, to just get us together and help us realize who we all are. I'm thinking BJDs, vinyl, Barbie, and yes, even baby dolls. 

Point being - would you be willing to meet in Cleveland? Would Pittsburgh be easier? I could put out some feelers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I don't have a huge following on any of those platforms, but I'm a part of several decent-sized Facebook doll groups. I could gauge interest there. 

If you're interested, hit me up here or DM me, and I'll start putting out feelers elsewhere. Things I would be most appreciative if you would include: 

Do you want food available? (What kind?) Drinks? (ditto)

Where would you be willing to go? Where is too far? 

What days/dates would work best for you? 

What sort of things would you want such a meet-up to accomplish? Just a general getting to know each other? Bring your own dolls (show and tell)? 

Where would you like to meet? A hotel conference room? A restaurant? 

Which would be the best platform to attract the most people? Facebook? Insta? Twitter? Another platform? Please don't say Snapchat. I'm much too old for that. 😋

How would you want mask/vaccination issues handled? 

What am I missing? 

Fayoka

I am in PA and I'd be interested in going to a meet if I can drive to it. If you think you'd like to have one in Pennsylvania please pm/add me and I can help answer your questions about my personal meetup preferences haha. I'd also be happy to help you plan things since you appear to be far away.

Jezrah

I'm in west central PA, but if you guys decided to come all the way towards Pittsburgh I could go there. I would probably need to have enough warning to take some time off work, though, because my days off/ shift end time usually doesn't work with anyone else. Feel free to let me know, though!

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

NekoPrincess101

Hi! I'm from Warren, OH and would be interested! To answer your questions:

Do you want food available? (What kind?) Drinks? (ditto)

That would be cool, or somewhere close by the location that sells food

Where would you be willing to go? Where is too far? 

I'd most be willing to drive 1hr in all directions from where my city is. I also hate traffic and lots of cars when driving.

What days/dates would work best for you? 

Mon-Wed, Sun

What sort of things would you want such a meet-up to accomplish? Just a general getting to know each other? Bring your own dolls (show and tell)? 

All of the above!!! I moved to Ohio a year ago and have no friends other than @berettapunk

Where would you like to meet? A hotel conference room? A restaurant? 

Free is best, a garden or someone's home would be most comfortable. A restaurant I'd feel nervous of normies looking at me and my dolls. A hotel conf room is so formal I wouldn't feel relaxed.

Which would be the best platform to attract the most people? Facebook? Insta? Twitter? Another platform? Please don't say Snapchat. I'm much too old for that. 😋

Facebook/Insta

How would you want mask/vaccination issues handled? 

Personally doesn't bother me. Went to cons that didn't require them and no one got sick to my knowledge (ColossalCon). Went perfectly :)

berettapunk

I'm in Lancaster Ohio, but I wouldn't mind the drive if I have the time. saturday and sunday work best for me. The only weekend I wouldn't be able to come up is the end of July weekend. I'll be in Cincinnati for Animatic Con. 

OMG WHERE ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM?!?!

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Hello! The Ohio Doll Show is coming up October 3, 2021. It's not specifically BJD or vinyl dolls related, but at least it's something! 

$7 to preregister for Sunday, and I'm definitely going. If anyone in the Cleveland/Akron area wants to go, I'm driving! (I've also made this offer on DoA.) Just buy your own ticket and tell me where to pick you up. I've got room for two to three adults (I'll bring the spouse if I don't get much interest.) I'm driving a Subaru WRX, so lots of leg room for adults. 

It's in Wilmington, Ohio, which is between (and south of) Columbus and Dayton. 

Linkie: https://www.ohionationaldollshow.com/

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Updates! Updates! Updates!

I attended a Cleveland Doll Club meeting (https://clevelanddollclub.wordpress.com/) today. They meet the third Saturday of every month. It's almost exclusively retired women, but there's a wide range of dolls from baby dolls to BJDs to teddy bears. There are also doll makers and doll sellers. They have sales and put on programs by various experts. There's also a Northern doll club that meets on Thursday mornings (but that's when I work, so...). They were lovely and very friendly. 

The Cleveland Doll Club is one of the oldest chapters of the United Federation of Doll Clubs (https://www.ufdc.org/regions/region-12/). They take trips, go to shows, and of course, have meetings.

Coming up February 27, 2022 is a doll show in Strongsville, OH, and there's a website of USA doll shows here: http://www.az-ps.com/dollshowusa/Event-dates.html A few peeps on Facebook said that the show is amazeballs. I also spied doll shows in Essington, PA and Toledo, OH, if you're interested. 

None of this is specific to vinyl dolls, but it's cool to see all types of dolls that people collect. 

That_Dollfie_Dude

Yeah, I think we have to build it ourselves if we want a gathering focused on Japanese / Korean vinyl dolls or resin dolls.  These long standing American doll meets are organized around an entirely different aesthetic. 

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I'm sorry - I'm avoiding all group gatherings for the foreseeable future. Someone else is going to have to take the lead on this.

My 2-year-old niece spent a week in ICU after getting Omicron. My mom is severely immunocompromised right now. Too many of my family members are in very fragile states of health for me to feel comfortable being indoors, even if everyone is vaccinated and wearing masks.