Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Luden333

Where do you get 1/3 scale furniture?

Luden333

I know that Etsy is the spot for that stuff but I dont want to pay $200 for a 1/3 scale bed. I even saw an iPhone at 1/3 scale for $150!!! Is there a place I’m not seeing that sells furniture and props at 1/3 scales but at more reasonable prices? Thanks

Anna-neko

American Girl and similar-sized dolls technically fall under usable scale. Sure, they're still costly, but cheaper than $200. If you hate the happy pink plastic they all tend to come in, that stuff can always be repainted

I have a great big chair from Kingstate brand, they make lovely doll furniture
Smaller items for your girls to hold can be found as food~shaped erasers (asian markets have tons) to phone/decora dangly charms or small decorative ornaments. Many DD laptops for example are actually compact mirrors

• Like 1

DollsnBooks

IDK if it's what you're after, but I did a "1/3 bed kit" search on Etsy and saw this. (Guessing that kits are less time consuming to make and to ship, so there might be others out there, too.) You could look on Thingiverse for 3D print files, too. Our library has a 3D printer we can send in jobs for as long as they are under 25mb. It's very affordable as we only have to pay for the filament by weight. Maybe one in your area has something similar? Also, there's always MyFroggyStuff and her awesomesauce tutorials. :)

Edited by DollsnBooks
adding info

BeyondTime
54 minutes ago, DollsnBooks said:

IDK if it's what you're after, but I did a "1/3 bed kit" search on Etsy and saw this. (Guessing that kits are less time consuming to make and to ship, so there might be others out there, too.)

There is a lot of laser-cut plywood stuff in 1/3 and 1/4 scale on Etsy. Finding furnishings in regular wood is harder, but it is out there.

There is DollsDynasty: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollsDynasty

KofanArt: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KofanArt?ref=yr_purchases

I've purchased stuff from KofanArt, it's nicely made, easy to assemble, and they will upscale it if you ask. I'd recommend using a wood epoxy rather than the superglue they include.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

battrastard
9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I'd recommend using a wood epoxy rather than the superglue they include.

Superglue on wood "sometimes" won't bond correctly. It'll get a bit "brittle" and crack because it dries too fast to properly seep into the wood grain.

Old fashioned Elmers Wood Glue is what I used for making cabinetry when I customized Recreational Vehicles, and I'll swear by it when building anything wood related..

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

MaleficentMrsofEvil

So if anyone is also in the US, Hobby Lobby is having a clearance sale on their spring decorations. There's a metal bench (I think it's for plants?) that works pretty well with 1/3 scale dolls - and it's $10 USD. Because it's metal, you could paint it, cover it with cushions, etc.  

• Like 1