Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Luden333

Is Dollshecraft legit?

Luden333

Want to get a doll from them but idk about them. Any info on quality and whatnot?

abs2891

One, I think this should move to off topic bc I believe they only do resin… 

Anyways, on to two, I think you may want to hop over to DOA and read up on the recent issues with Dollshe - in short, they were legit and good, but as of late there have been many issues.  People have been waiting literal years (and I mean 2 years plus) for orders and still have not received them.  Some have asked for refunds and been successful, but it appears to be a struggle.  Given that, I don’t think I’d recommend them.  I don’t know enough about resin companies to offer close alternatives, but maybe someone else here does.

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 4

empty

Quality is fine but at this point you have better chance of winning the actual lottery than having a first party order fulfilled. 2 year wait time isn’t even unusual now when some people are at 3+ and the company is ghosting both order update and refund requests. I would go secondhand or I think Iplehouse and Dollmore are some companies people go with instead. Personally I don’t go for the extremely realistic dolls so I don’t have much to recommend. 

• Like 3

Gallye

Fabulous, legit dolls. Only buy secondhand.

• Like 1

marishade

I do not know much about Dollshecraft, I second going to DOA.

I also second Iplehouse. I plan to buy from them in the future, there quality is consistent, and many people report their wait times are good.

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I strongly advise avoiding Dollshe Craft. Not only are wait times ridiculous, the owner is an "ideas" guy - he loves creating stuff, but he has absolutely no follow through. I also recall him complaining around 2019 that he was sick of making dolls. 

Dolls recently received in other forums I've seen are much, much poorer quality that dolls made prior to 2018. Wait times are at two years minimum - for a doll that is such poor quality, I've seen comparisons to recasts. One person (I think you can find them on Instagram) showed that the eye sockets on a recently received doll were basically translucent. 

Furthermore, people who have been waiting more than two years and who have demanded refunds aren't getting them. So in addition to doll waitlists, there are now doll refund waitlists. People who have asked for refunds back in March haven't received their money back. It doesn't matter if it was sale or full price. Some people are waiting for refunds for $1,500 USD plus

Dollshe Craft used to be a good doll maker. Now, it's increasingly looking like a scam. Buy used only.

And even if you do decide to purchase a doll (those sales are incredibly tempting), NEVER purchase a "sketch" doll. Doll sketches purchased a year ago or more still haven't had molds made for them. 

Editing to add: in addition to Iplehouse or Dollmore, consider Impldoll (BEAUTIFUL bodies, including muscular female bodies, and gorgeous male and female face sculpts), and SartoriaJ. Also avoid Loongsoul - because they have loooong wait times.

Edited by MaleficentMrsofEvil
  • Like 2

Tenukihandcrafts

As a longtime fan of the Dollshe lads with three full dolls and 6 heads, they are the most beautiful dolls my collection. Truly works of art. However, the manufacturing delays have gotten worse over the years. If you really want one, I’ll reiterate the secondhand route. Bodies, heads and full dolls are regularly for sale over at DoA

Epona

A little late to the party but Dollshe has been having a lot of... troubles.

More than a few people have been waiting 2-3+ years for their dolls, and their production schedule seems inconsistent, to put it lightly. Dollshe came out with a prototype for an anime msd that came out years ago, and I don't think any of her has been produced, despite it being years now...

I've heard of the quality control being less than ideal for the past few years, so if you really, really have your heart set on a dollshe bjd, I'd suggest looking into the secondhand market. Hopefully Dollshe will have a better rhythm in production in the future because, as of right now, I cannot recommend any of his dolls to anyone. 

Unfortunately Dollshe claimed he was no longer going to allow his "super sales."
And then he reneged on that... there is several "super sales" going on his website right now... for $1,000+ dolls being sold for $290. I wouldn't be surprised if these super sales are the root cause for a lot of the production issues. At a certain point, the "sales" price becomes the "normal" price for a product... 

NozomiViolet

Also late, but Dollshe is a bit of a mess right now. I ordered a doll in July 2019 and waited a year before I asked for a refund. There are people who ordered before me who are still waiting. I'm lucky I got my refund when I did because shortly after people started having to threaten action through Paypal to get anything. I still check in on the waiting room on Den of Angels every now and again.