Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Silent

MDD/obtisu 40/45 issues?

Silent

Hello.

I like MDD, obitsu 40/45 and etc. and I was wandering sometimes about one thing.

Do have any issues with other people by owning this type of dolls?

Do you take them to public? (well thats 2 things actually)

I am just curious. I hope the topic and questions are correct and I didnt say something incorrect.

Testament

Mmmh? What kind of issues one can have for owning a Obitsu?

No, I personally don't take my models/dolls out of my home. Many others do.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

abs2891

I wouldn’t have any issues with people owning them.  People who would probably have an issue with it are those biased against any doll or against vinyl/smaller dolls which isn’t worth anyone’s time.  (I will note beyond that there is some controversy around dressing dolls this size sexually given they often are perceived as children which, yeah…)

I take them out to doll events and sometimes for photos.  Some people may find it strange but no one is likely to come up and do something to you I’d think?  At least in Japan and the US the worst that should happen is someone judging me from afar and well, that’s their problem, not mine. 

Glitt3rgalaxy

I keep most of my collection private. But my family and friends are aware. They dont give me any trouble. Theyre cute and anime like and i dress her like a child

Poofiemus

I actually get more positive responses from strangers if I bring out my MDDs than if I bring out my DDs or my DDDy girl. I think people can grasp an adult woman wanting a childlike doll way more than an adult woman wanting an adult-shaped doll? Like, I don't always get people thinking it's a horny thing with my full size DDs but it does happen, while it's never happened with my MDDs. 

As for people in my personal life: family is mostly supportive, and frankly my custom MDD Abby is my grandma's favorite lol. Friends, well. . .if they insult my dolls then that person isn't my friend lol. (It's fine if they're not into dolls, but there comes a point where it turns into disrespecting my interests and I don't need that in my life.)

As for the actual dolls, I have an MDDIII, an Obi50, and a Mochi Ashi. I feel like I have the most issues with the Mochi Ashi--i love the look, but her shoulders keep coming loose for some reason. Not sure if it's an F3 frame flaw or if I got a faulty body, but she's well out of warranty by now. The Obitsu, on the other hand, holds a pose like nobody's business and replacement internal parts are easy to find. If you want to take your doll on adventures, I would say to strongly consider the Obitsu.

• Like 3

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Oculae

I bring one of my Obitsus to work (in an office setting) on the daily and have yet to have any problems with any of them. No damage, no rude comments, nothing! People tend to be positive or not say anything, and I openly carry my doll and display it on my desk. My boss has even come around sometimes and asked me about the character from time to time when he notices I switched out my doll.

I will say though, I've heard some stories of people not respecting other people's stuff in public, so I never carry my doll outside of some sort of protective case, usually my windowed "cat carrier" bag. I only take the doll out of the bag if I'm taking pictures or am somewhere where I feel displaying them is safe.

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

battrastard

It's been quite a while since I've brought any of my Kiddos out, but we've had hardly any issues.

My Tana is on an MDD (3?) and Yukiko is on an Obitsu 40.

Both were fairly well accepted, along with Bux_Darkangels Suigintou. (DD II with a customized DDH05, I think? been a while.) 

They were set up in a wooded picnic area at Kitt Peak Observatory, climbing trees and picnicking. 

very pleasant, overall.

If you think there might be "issues" taking your Kids out, remember, there's strength in numbers. Bring a few willing friends along to act as a "buffer". 

(Especially if they have some Kiddos, too!)

The Munchkin on my shoulder is Tana and Yukiko (dark grey hair) is sitting with Suigintou.

Edited by battrastard
updated content

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Kotone

I brought some MDDs on two vacations and had positive reactions both times while taking pics at the beaches and pools and gardens. I am also very petite and feminine so I could probably be doing anything at the beach and not necessarily make a scene so take my experience however you will. Outings with dolls are really fun if you’re inconspicuous about it.

• Like 2

Silent

On 8/19/2021 at 10:32 PM, Poofiemus said:

I actually get more positive responses from strangers if I bring out my MDDs than if I bring out my DDs or my DDDy girl. I think people can grasp an adult woman wanting a childlike doll way more than an adult woman wanting an adult-shaped doll? Like, I don't always get people thinking it's a horny thing with my full size DDs but it does happen, while it's never happened with my MDDs. 

Makes sense. Interesting.

ateliervanilla

I had more positive reactions bringing my Obitsu 45 around than my Smart Doll, but nevertheless like what other people said here - it's their problem.

I find it easier carrying my Obitsu 45 out because she's smaller, I guess.

• Like 1

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

MoriWitch

I've gotten mostly curious questions when I bring my girls out. I used to bring them to work with me (when I worked in an office) and most everyone either didnt care what was on my desk or ask general questions about the dolls. Luckily my friends and family are very supportive but I love dolls my whole life so its nothing new to them. You should do what makes you happy though :)

• Like 1