archangeli

Juu Yuki

Baldylox

Salica

Sign in to follow this  
Glitt3rgalaxy

Varying prices

Glitt3rgalaxy

Sometimes I see a head, for example DDH-03 sell for $255 and you can still purchase this head new for around $100. I also saw a listed for "limited ddh-03". Is just the faceup limited? or is there different versions of sculpting changes in DDh-03? Is it the faceups that make some head sculpts sell for more than others or are some sculpts really limited?

rainglow

Faceups can bring the price up A LOT not only because of the look, but because of who did it. Some artists are very popular and their heads sell for several hundred USD on Japanese auctions. I feel like the secondhand price is part rarity sake and people probably trying to make their money back lol. Extensive mods can raise it as well.

"Limited" might refer to it being a D-COORD or Dream Choice face up. Those you can only get in person from Volks stores or certain events (the last USA Dollpa had some full dolls available). So, while they're on a standard head, they're not a regularly available faceup unless you commission it from an artist or do it yourself.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
On 7/21/2021 at 6:12 PM, rainglow said:

Some artists are very popular and their heads sell for several hundred USD on Japanese auctions.

Some of the super popular MDD faculty artists have heads sell for a lot of money, and the auctions are very competitive. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction