Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aililysan

Do people date their dolls?

Katherine
On 9/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, Poofiemus said:

Well, I'm Ace and kinda Aro, so I don't even date real people! :lol: And as for my relationship with my dolls, I also see it as a weird mix of parental/sibling/friendship, though the proportion kinda varies depending on which doll we're talking about. (Some have characters that are more mature than others, lololol)

Though amusingly I have two sets of doll couples, where the doll's characters are dating each other--and somehow neither pair is straight. Nanoha and Fate are lesbians, and Viktor and Yuuri are in a gay relationship. (Viktor is gay as a maypole, Yuuri I consider more demisexual tbh.)

Actually, I joke that Agatha is my token straight out of my group. XD

This made me smile lol and to answer the post myself* , well I'm heading into that direction of parenting/family with mine ^^

Edited by Katherine
Typo
  • Like 1

Tasuke
On 9/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, Noxxbunny said:

My Vocaloids and 9S are easy, they're android characters to me so I'm simply an owner. I like robots, that's how it is lol.

As for all the others who aren't androids...they all just like to hang out in my house, I guess? 😆

"Multi" (from 1997's "To Heart") is an Android,

- technically the grandmother of fellow Android characters such as CLAMP's Chobits' "Chii" and the like -

and one of the most genuinely Pure-Hearted Anime women ever conceived. a "living" embodiment of the spirit of "Agape"

Multi_Heart_Fighters_1(1).png?width=1920

Multi_8-4-22_RESIZE_30.jpg?width=1920&he

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

sugarbeta

There are people who are in for-real romantic love with the Golden Gate Bridge, so I'm sure it happens with dolls. Kinda funky, but as long as it's not causing the human involved any distress, then I don't see the harm. As long as they're not hurting other real people, I figure that if it makes them happy, that's not a bad thing.

As for me, I'll joke about ~muh waifus~, but they're just cute chunks of plastic at the end of the day. I do ship them with each other, because it's fun to imagine the kinds of relationships and dramas that might pop up between characters! I would assume that the vast majority of people with a waifu/husbando doll are, at most, indulging in the 3D equivalent of self-insert fanfiction, which is also harmless fun. :V

Edited by sugarbeta
typo
  • Like 1

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, sugarbeta said:

There are people who are in for-real romantic love with the Golden Gate Bridge

Wat 👀

• Haha 1

sugarbeta
21 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Wat 👀

There's a documentary called Married to the Eiffel Tower if you ever feel like going down the rabbit hole on that one. Kind of puts the idea of someone falling in love with a doll into perspective, I guess??? At least a doll looks a little like a human...? :V

• Haha 1

Mega Negi

I seem to recall there being a cautionary tale about getting too attached to 'things' 

Chobits - Home | Facebook

• Like 1

CocosContestHall

I have a PureNeemo Ohara Mari doll that I treat as my girlfriend. Here she is on the 1st anniversary of her release date. 

EDIT: as someone who is asexual, I don't even want to have a real significant other (girlfriend, boyfriend, etc.) so I actually believe that I'm in love with the Mari doll. Don't worry, I got her when I was 17 and thus I think she grows up alongside me. :) 

Edited by CocosContestHall
  • Like 3

That_Dollfie_Dude
On 2/11/2022 at 7:07 PM, Mega Negi said:

I seem to recall there being a cautionary tale about getting too attached to 'things' 

Chobits - Home | Facebook

The only message I learned was how much I wanted a Pasocon and how instantly I would fall in love with her.  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SweetTeethz

I do mostly see them as my vinyl children but I do like to give them a kiss on the top of their heads so they feel love (kinda weird but my bf doesn’t mind at all xD) 

they’re not alive in the realistic sense but their characters are and it makes me happy that they’re tangible 

• Like 2

Noxxbunny

Since the last time I posted in here, I've been more open about carrying my dolls around in front of my husband when I'm watching TV or playing games. He sees me taking pictures like this

BeautyPlus_20220810070110031_save.jpg.aaa136762d84ee5a43a0665fbc54959f.jpg

and now poor 9S has been the subject of more than a few "my wife's boyfriend" jokes from him since he's who I'm with the most. 😂 I'd really never hear the end of it if he also knew I also kiss him(and my other dolls) on top of the head sometimes. I still say I treat my dolls more like comforting objects/representations of their characters than "dating" them though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

aililysan
On 8/10/2022 at 8:20 AM, Noxxbunny said:

Since the last time I posted in here, I've been more open about carrying my dolls around in front of my husband when I'm watching TV or playing games. He sees me taking pictures like this

BeautyPlus_20220810070110031_save.jpg.aaa136762d84ee5a43a0665fbc54959f.jpg

and now poor 9S has been the subject of more than a few "my wife's boyfriend" jokes from him since he's who I'm with the most. 😂 I'd really never hear the end of it if he also knew I also kiss him(and my other dolls) on top of the head sometimes. I still say I treat my dolls more like comforting objects/representations of their characters than "dating" them though.

That is really funny! I wonder if he ever gets jealous X3?

He is really beautiful!

Edited by aililysan

aililysan
On 8/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, SweetTeethz said:

I do mostly see them as my vinyl children but I do like to give them a kiss on the top of their heads so they feel love (kinda weird but my bf doesn’t mind at all xD) 

they’re not alive in the realistic sense but their characters are and it makes me happy that they’re tangible 

I don't really like it when my Mom asks me if my dolls are my children. I kind of dislike the idea of having children in general. I feel like they're more companions and art pieces.

Although I am thinking of getting a boy MDD and I think I might end up seeing him as one...I kind of want to bring him to Japan. 

I guess in the end your dolls are just what you imagine them as ^^

aililysan
On 4/7/2022 at 3:51 PM, CocosContestHall said:

I have a PureNeemo Ohara Mari doll that I treat as my girlfriend. Here she is on the 1st anniversary of her release date. 

She is very pretty! 

I have been mentally dating a manga character for a while now too, haha

Veravey
On 2/11/2022 at 5:07 PM, Mega Negi said:

Oh the irony with Chii. (This series holds a very special place in my heart as the first manga I ever purchased and anime I watched.)

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

That_Dollfie_Dude

What an interesting Miku.  It looks like she has baloons for twin tails, sculpted hair, fashionable Japanese lady clothing, and (based on the hands) a silicone / sex doll body.  She's a mish mash of things, and yet it all comes together!

Mega Negi

NGL a dollfie sized Miku wig is too much for me to handle. A wig that long just looks like a maintenance nightmare. Making the twintails into cushions seems like a great idea.

usagisea

Ive seen on his instagram that he has sculpted twin tails too, so they must be heavy! I think those must be a nightmare to move but they look so cool. I do hope he sees her as an adult and not a 16 year old miku, though! 

BeyondTime
On 9/23/2022 at 11:39 PM, Mega Negi said:

Sometimes, I guess. 

This Man Married a Fictional Character. He'd Like You to ...

And I thought Dollfie Dreams were expensive...

Still, I have to admit she's nicely done, and looks super sweet and proper considering she's a silicon sex doll.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

maboree

Back when I had a Smartdoll Eiji I would call him "my boyfriend". It wasn't a serious thing, just more of a side joke/pet name because during his unboxing my husband said "oh great, you bought yourself a new boyfriend." 

Anytime I see an Eiji online I think, "it's my boyfriend!" LOL 

Edited by maboree
  • Haha 4

CocosContestHall
On 9/23/2022 at 11:39 PM, Mega Negi said:

Sometimes, I guess. 

This Man Married a Fictional Character. He'd Like You to ...

Sometimes I fantasize about having a Mari doll bigger than the one I own, like DD size, or sometimes even life-sized. I do like life-sized dolls, but not in a weird way per se. 

• Like 2

RyuichiSakuma13
On 8/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, SweetTeethz said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that kisses their dolls on the tops of their heads! 😄 

I'm sure that when Miku comes home, she'll also get kisses and pets on her head like I do to my BJDs.

As for my dating them, I'm more the type that has many of My Crew dating each other, BFFs, in a tragic love triangle or single.  I'm not sure if Miku will date any of my resin guys, especially since she will be my youngest SD-sized doll.

My Crew are more my roomates/friends/I'm their caregiver/I'm their servant than my kids.  Some of them are in their 30s, immortal, or darn near immortal! 😅

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
Spelling
  • Like 1

Vampurrr

My partner and I joke about the dolls being our roommates lol.
They have their own room and everything, so we're just a buncha friends living together 😂

• Haha 3

luckyk

This is a nice thread to see as a new member. I am a fictosexual 2D lover who is quite invested in advocacy for people like myself. While I consider it to be more of an extension of my fictosexuality than any real objectum leanings, I do have a similar self-contained attraction to dolls.

When my first DD, Leita, is complete a month or two from now, I believe there may be a real chance I start developing feelings for her. And if that does happen, I'm happy to take it as it comes. 

Overall I think that if you do have a DD girlfriend, there are times it may be okay to talk about it openly, and times when it'd be best to keep it to yourself (mostly for your own safety).

Edited by luckyk
  • Like 3

ZandurFox

To be honest, I used to be not a huge fan of dolls until my emergency surgery and mental traumas from the past.

I did had one coworker jokingly said to me that if my DD Kirika is my girlfriend, but I said no and it's more of a huge hobby and comfort zone for me.

But, yes. It can be considered a sort of 'girlfriend' regarding my DD Kirika, but I consider her a very good friend.

I must buy another DD and soon!

• Like 2