Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
SleepingElf

The Accessories We Loved & Lost

SleepingElf

So I've finished up moving and I made a sad realization. My favourite pairs of shoes for my obtisu girl seems to have gone missing in the chaos. So weird, I was SURE I knew where I packed them- with all the other doll stuff, lol. They are the only thing missing which is driving me extra crazy. How did they get lost?! No matter, I'll re-purchase them I thought, I'm pretty sure I got them cheap off ebay. Except I can't find them in any of my previous orders!! Where did I buy these darn shoes?!😆

Tell me about the doll accessories/clothes/parts you've lost. Isn't it just so frustrating? Did you ever find them again? (somewhere super weird I bet!)

Monty

I have the shirt from a dolls fullset and 1.5 YoSD outfits (1 outfit and the shorts from another outfit) that have apparently disappeared into a void some time in 2019. I really don’t know where they could possibly be because my doll stuff has always been kept together, but it’s driving me crazy.

Some time next month we are planning to recarpet/repaint the rooms, and for that I’ll need to take the whole room apart and move it out, so maybe they will mysteriously reappear in the process. I know they’re probably together and that I probably did that stupid thing where I say ‘i’ll put this in a safe place so it doesn’t get lost’ and then completely forget where it is.

DreamDollDesign

Not quite accessories, but years ago when I first got into BJDs and had resin dolls, and before I got sick, I sewed like a maniac. Took the few free patterns online available and modified them into everything I wanted.

But my family smoked at the time, so everything smelled like smoke. I no longer live in a smoking household but threw all of that stuff out because I don't want any of dolls near it. Also lost some nice shoes from Luts because of it, too.

I don't display or do anything with my three resin dolls anymore, and I can't even sell them to someone who will give them attention because they were housed in a smoking household for so long. 

Testament
19 hours ago, SleepingElf said:

So I've finished up moving and I made a sad realization. My favourite pairs of shoes for my obtisu girl seems to have gone missing in the chaos. So weird, I was SURE I knew where I packed them- with all the other doll stuff, lol. They are the only thing missing which is driving me extra crazy. How did they get lost?! No matter, I'll re-purchase them I thought, I'm pretty sure I got them cheap off ebay. Except I can't find them in any of my previous orders!! Where did I buy these darn shoes?!😆

Tell me about the doll accessories/clothes/parts you've lost. Isn't it just so frustrating? Did you ever find them again? (somewhere super weird I bet!)

Plot twist: You've never bought said shoes... °_°

Just kidding XD

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Tasuke

i keep outfit sets and their attached accessories in ZIPLOC bags within a container,

same for the accessories for my Anime figures, GUNDAM and other Anime Mecha toys and models and such.

things seldom ever get misplaced that way...

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

SleepingElf
23 hours ago, Testament said:

Plot twist: You've never bought said shoes... °_°

Just kidding XD

If I didn't have a picture of her wearing the shoes I honestly thought I might have imagined them!

Poofiemus

I had a really nice pair of white Volks open toe heels, they were awesome. . .had Miku wear them to a con, and one fell off, never to be seen again. I kept the lone remaining shoe for a stupid long time, lol. Finally got rid of it in a move, but I'm still kind of sad about it. I would buy another pair of those shoes in a heartbeat, but I can't remember what designation Volks gave them for the life of me, so I don't really have anything to go on for a search.

Something I appear to have "lost" in a different sense: I have this EPIC pleather steampunk Dollheart coat. Rather, it WAS epic, past tense. Now it has the absolute worst peeling pleather situation I've ever seen. I don't know if it'll even be possible to repair it. I guess I can try, and if that fails, seam rip it apart and use it as a pattern for a new coat? But that sounds like work, lol.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Pippiboo
15 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

I had a really nice pair of white Volks open toe heels, they were awesome. . .had Miku wear them to a con, and one fell off, never to be seen again. I kept the lone remaining shoe for a stupid long time, lol. Finally got rid of it in a move, but I'm still kind of sad about it. I would buy another pair of those shoes in a heartbeat, but I can't remember what designation Volks gave them for the life of me, so I don't really have anything to go on for a search.

Something I appear to have "lost" in a different sense: I have this EPIC pleather steampunk Dollheart coat. Rather, it WAS epic, past tense. Now it has the absolute worst peeling pleather situation I've ever seen. I don't know if it'll even be possible to repair it. I guess I can try, and if that fails, seam rip it apart and use it as a pattern for a new coat? But that sounds like work, lol.

I've heart of people carefully peeling off the old pleather, it can often give things a new lease on life, per se ^_^ It won't have the leather look anymore, but it's much better than a crumbling coat!!

Poofiemus
1 hour ago, Pippiboo said:

I've heart of people carefully peeling off the old pleather, it can often give things a new lease on life, per se ^_^ It won't have the leather look anymore, but it's much better than a crumbling coat!!

Oh that's an interesting thought. . .peel the faux leather layer off, and then maybe accent with small pieces of real leather to keep the steampunk vibe. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Riesz

I somehow lost the panties for my very first 1/6 scale Azone doll and it drove me nuts for the longest time. I used to sit on the couch to dress my dolls and I suspect that it simply fell somewhere in the couch since it's so tiny but I ripped apart everything I could and never did find it. I removed all the covers on the couch cushions, even turned the entire couch upside down looking... and nothing. Thinking about it again still drives me nuts. 😂 I ordered some new, fancy panties for that doll but it was never the same.

Hiruma

I used to make Nendoroid Doll outfits and because they are so small, some of them get cleaned out because others who use my work station think they are pieces of "scrap fabric". A Zelda-inspired cape went straight to the bin and I will never see it again 😅

Ziplock bags or other labelled containers are definitely the way to go! 

SleepingElf
On 10/13/2021 at 6:30 PM, Hiruma said:

I used to make Nendoroid Doll outfits and because they are so small, some of them get cleaned out because others who use my work station think they are pieces of "scrap fabric". A Zelda-inspired cape went straight to the bin and I will never see it again 😅

Ziplock bags or other labelled containers are definitely the way to go! 

That is terrible, I'm so sorry someone tossed out your hardwork! I would have been so upset.

Ziplocs are definitely my favourite sorting and storage method.

• Like 1