Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ragnamuffin

Sahra’s a la mode

ragnamuffin

Does anyone else collect Sahra’s a la mode Pureneemo dolls? (I figured the other Pureneemo topic is getting pretty long as it is and wanted to focus specifically on this line of Azone dolls, so I made a new thread. Hope that’s okay.)

I fell in love with Mermaid a la mode Sahra (link for reference) a few months ago and was trying to hold off, but I ended up caving and finally picked up the Azone staff custom hair version yesterday.

This one has a short bob instead of the princess cut that nearly all Azone dolls have (I wanted some variety), but the Akihabara Labelshop also has a second custom hair version with pink ombré (see bottom of post).

I am so happy with this purchase and was wondering if anyone else here feels the same way about these dolls.

5A75D44F-3EA8-4A85-B74A-992774B51BB3.jpeg

2168F9A4-AF04-4073-BD28-0681F4FA4005.jpeg

Edited by ragnamuffin

ragnamuffin

I was also surprised at how different the S and M bodies are! The M body is larger (obviously), but also slimmer with better proportions. The S body almost looks chunky next to it.

Also, the Sahra line of dolls is known for having softer, gentler looks compared to Azone’s other series. It might be hard to tell from the individual photos, but the difference is obvious next to the Ex Cute dolls, for example (see Sahra next to Koron).

B741D261-899B-4581-B43B-0B7B46298327.jpeg

C93C581A-BAA9-4F1B-B72F-3B9164E3E183.jpeg

Tasuke

to each their own, of course, but for my part, -if the clothes happen to fit right, of course-

i'd strongly consider shifting these girls to the OBITSU 23/24/26 cm. family of bodies

-Again, each to their own- but to my eye, the new OBITSUs are honestly a very significant aesthetic improvement

over the AZONE Pure Neemo;

Multi_OBITSU_26_Mbust_N_skin_6-23-21_1_R

Multi_OBITSU_26_Mbust_N_skin_6-23-21_3_R

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

ragnamuffin
12 hours ago, Tasuke said:

to each their own, of course, but for my part, -if the clothes happen to fit right, of course-

i'd strongly consider shifting these girls to the OBITSU 23/24/26 cm. family of bodies

-Again, each to their own- but to my eye, the new OBITSUs are honestly a very significant aesthetic improvement

over the AZONE Pure Neemo;

I hadn’t seriously considered changing their bodies, but your doll’s Obitsu body does look better than the full flection bodies! I briefly considered swapping one of them out for a Pureneemo 2 Emotion body, but didn’t like the dents in their thighs (but I get that their appeal is being able to have the dolls sit seiza style).

ragnamuffin

Yesterday, Picco Sahra’s a la mode Yuzuha arrived. She was released for Dollshow 61 last fall and she’s wearing Lil’ Fairy Miel’s maid outfit (although it’s been rearranged to look more like an Anne of Green Gables outfit). She comes with a straw hat and a little book titled “Fairy Bible” (the pages are empty).

I ordered her because I like the shape of her eyes and I think she’s cuter than the full-sized 1/6 scale Yuzuha, but her body uses the new reinforced joints Picconeemo D body and I’m not sure I like that.

05BD72BA-27CF-4CB4-92D2-C2C9BEC53BE0.jpeg

26D717D5-0600-45E4-BC14-32CFB2E06FAD.jpeg

• Like 2

ragnamuffin

For comparison, I’m attaching some pictures of the new reinforced joints body with the old body on Lil’ Fairy Erunoe. The new body definitely holds a pose better (Erunoe’s body is limp and can’t hold any sort of pose anymore), but I don’t think it looks as nice.

Also, the hands and feet on the new body are smaller, and the hand parts that came with Yuzuha are different from those that came with Erunoe, but I’m not sure if that’s because they’re from different series (Picco Sahra’s a la mode vs. Lil’ Fairy) or if these are the new updated hands that come with all new bodies.

96FD3D24-E14D-4F30-9DE4-107F76DC8C8B.jpeg

C6AD7250-C12E-49B1-9396-B990E20BE2A2.jpeg

Riesz

I love these dolls as well! I have quite a few from the sweets, cat, and gemstone series.

About the newer picco body, it seems like the cartoonish proportions weren't well liked by a lot of people so maybe they're trying to slim it down slightly on the newest one?

I'm actually a big fan of the chunky proportions on both picco and pure neemo small size body so I'm glad we have options. ❤️

• Like 2

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Riesz said:

I love these dolls as well! I have quite a few from the sweets, cat, and gemstone series.

About the newer picco body, it seems like the cartoonish proportions weren't well liked by a lot of people so maybe they're trying to slim it down slightly on the newest one?

I'm actually a big fan of the chunky proportions on both picco and pure neemo small size body so I'm glad we have options. ❤️

That’s rad! I think I’ve seen your pics of the sweets series dolls on myfigurecollection. Speaking of the gemstone series, Rose Quartz Sahra (DS Ver.) is another one that I think is just so gorgeous.

I didn’t know that about the older Picco D body, but it makes sense since Azone just announced that they would be releasing Lil’ Fairies with the Picco P body this winter. I really hope they aren’t gonna start phasing it out, because I, too, liked the ridiculous proportions on the D body 😢

Riesz

Here are some of my girls from the Sahra's series!

IMG_20210914_112746__01.jpg.6db724487b5902cfc0065a3a0075eec2.jpg

The Sweets a la Mode series got me into anime dolls in the first place. Each doll is based on a dessert and that's right up my alley! My very first one was Peach Pie Maya and she's still one of my favourites! I just love her pastel peach and mint colour scheme and her peach hair is so cute. Chocolate mint Lycee was my second doll.

IMG_20210914_112859__01.jpg.67b19031373daab5f239555369b7cdb0.jpg

Here are a few girls from the Twinkle a la Mode series based on gemstones. I ended up replacing peridot Maya with chocolate parfait Alisa from the sweets series but I think the red hair looks so pretty with the brown and green outfit.

IMG_20210914_112912__01.jpg.8e33b3db9da46e3bf45fdb637f943ad6.jpg

IMG_20210914_112831__01.jpg.dc03e5cf6b5ffa13028c3d7638a49176.jpg

Unfortunately my life was super busy around the time of the Meow a la Mode series release so I ended up missing a lot of them but I ended up hunting down my favourites on Mandarake afterward. I'd love to have every doll in this series but I don't know if I have the space for them all!

• Like 6

ragnamuffin
14 hours ago, Riesz said:

Here are some of my girls from the Sahra's series!

It’s always such a treat to see pics of your dolls! You always have the cutest setups for them 😍

Love your Twinkle a la mode Yuzuha! I actually have that outfit for my 1/3 scale Alice (along with the burgundy version), but it’s so interesting to see the tiny 1/6 scale version of it.

MoriWitch

@Riesz your girls are absolutely adorable. You are making me want to make a second dolly purchase this month but I must resist!!

asukakanea

wow what great display!. a glass cabinet seems like a good investment if you have a lot of dolls. I just order my first azone/ vinyl doll tuesday. she's a sarah ala mode. she's 'used' but still in the box unopened. now I want a glass case for her!