Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Epona

A few questions about Volks and heads and bust sizes!

Epona

Hi everyone! :) I was wondering, how often does Volks do restocks for their heads on the usa store? I noticed ddh-06 flesh was in stock, so I was thinking about buying it... I know ddh-09 flesh was in stock a little bit ago and sold out pretty quickly (restocked aug 21st, sold out by aug 23rd at least?) and I was wondering: how often does volks restock them? I imagine production/shipping could be a bit off because of the pandemic itself, but I am debating on if I should buy ddh-06 while it's still in stock... or just wait for whenever I save enough for Karin and just add 06 and/or 09 to my order if they're in stock then?

Also, does anyone have a comparison of the extra small and small bust for the dds body? The dds body comes with medium as the default and honestly, I think the medium bust is actually quite large. I think Miku has the extra small bust by default even though she's on a bigger body, so her next to the dds body is the only frame of reference I have at the moment, but usually the comparison photos I've seen are clothed. Is it easy to sell the default busts of a body secondhand? I don't anticipate myself having enough dollfies to make real use of any extra parts, unless maybe I decide to piece together a body part by part to make it more attainable as it seems getting a dollfie via layaway/installment plan isn't really possible outside of maybe something like Paypal Credit.

Lastly, besides Karin, 06, and 09, I've found I like a lot of the "special edition" dollfies like ddh-14 & ddh-16 that are only available in Japan, so I am not sure how easy or expensive proxy fees add to them... but it seems they pop up on mandarake sometimes? Are they particularly hard to get? I just want to know what kind of difficulties I aught to expect before I get my heart set on them. ^^;

BeyondTime

On the DDS the extra small bust is pretty much washboard flat. The DD version is small too, but slightly bigger than SS DDS. I’m guessing the distinction relates to relative ages with the DD body intended to fit late teens as opposed to mid teens, so the DDS represents a girl whose secondary sex characteristics are less developed. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

abs2891

14 and 16 can pop up from time to time on mandarake and Dollyteria - indeed there’s a fourteen on dollyteria right now.  I don’t know that I’d say they’re hard to get (that 14 on dollyteria ha been up for a while) but you’ll have to be willing to wait and monitor for one to show up with the face up you want (unless you want to wipe it which will make things easier).  Since they aren’t actually limited edition or anything though, you have time on your side unless volks makes some kind of retirement announcement.  Buying just the head second hand and the body from volks should probably save you money over a proxy - the cost again being the time you wait for what you want to appear. 

As for the bust - they sell though not for a lot since they are almost always available from volks brand new.  Tbh I would just hold onto it for those outfits where a larger chest makes the clothes fit nicer though depending on how you plan to dress your doll this may be a non-issue but as someone who own a Miku, I can attest to swapping her to a m-bust for certain fits. 

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, abs2891 said:

Tbh I would just hold onto it for those outfits where a larger chest makes the clothes fit nicer though depending on how you plan to dress your doll this may be a non-issue but as someone who own a Miku, I can attest to swapping her to a m-bust for certain fits. 

That’s a very good point. Volks doesn’t make a lot of clothing specific to SS or S bust. Other clothing makers also tend to make clothing for M-bust or L / DDDy bust. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Epona

Thankyou both for your answers/insights! :) That's a very fair point about the M bust... perhaps it'll be relegated to the "I store my doll parts here" drawer then, just in case said doll needs some... help in the chest department for a specific outfit, lol. It's definitely something to consider... right now I am sick but when I get better, I am hoping to do some sales and maaaaaybe I'll submit an order in for Karin afterwards.

• Like 1

Tierparkzone
38 minutes ago, Epona said:

I am hoping to do some sales and maaaaaybe I'll submit an order in for Karin afterwards.

To my knowledge, Karin (like nearly all DDS) comes default with a pair of fist hands. If this is your first DD you might want to pick up an additional pair of hands in a more versatile pose alongside her.

• Like 3

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I have a question about the heads - I see that the standard heads are all in the anime style, but I've also seen realistic heads on Mandarake. Does Volks make realistic vinyl heads? Or are those resin heads? 

Would an Obitsu head fit on a Volks body? Specifically, what size head (if any) would fit on the standard DD body? (Sorry... I don't like the Volks heads.)

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

but I've also seen realistic heads on Mandarake. Does Volks make realistic vinyl heads? Or are those resin heads? 

Probably resin. The only realistic vinyl heads I know of are Dollfie Icon and 2B / 9S.