MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

BeyondTime

Updated: 

Special Site: https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/finalfantasyxiv/

Volks Japan store page: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4988601360586.html

Volks USA store page: https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12936

She’s also available from SE and at Volks Friend Shops

--

Advanced information will be released on the web on 9/18. 

• Like 7

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Amara77

Finally I've been wondering when this was going to happen.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

baldylox

So is it yet another Miku re-re-re-re-re-release?  Or another Saberface girl?  😄  My money on something Fate/Stay related.  😉 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

marishade

Even though we just had a FGO girl released? Normally they spread IPs out a bit more, right?

Veravey

I'm still learning about the world of Volks. Are Pre-Order Projects supposed to imply a larger event, or is this a new thing? Or is this just how they announce the next IP project is coming?

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Galvatim
45 minutes ago, baldylox said:

So is it yet another Miku re-re-re-re-re-release?  Or another Saberface girl?  😄  My money on something Fate/Stay related.  😉 

Billy

I'm doubtful it's another Fate project.  Skadi just came out, it feels too soon, even if payment isn't due until next year.  

I initially thought maybe Tsukihime, with the remake visual novel just hitting, but again, it feels too soon for more Type-Moon.  

I could be wrong, I wouldn't be upset if I am, since I'm really only buying Type-Moon DDs at this point.  I think Volks will surprise us with an unexpected license, though.  

abs2891

Hmmm, I’m also going to put my guess down for it to be a new IP though I’d really love a Sailor Moon release (I need the outers, but realistically I know they are likely to be limited if we even get them 😫).  I’d welcome a re-release of Rin and Len or Kaito to finish things off too haha 

BeyondTime
44 minutes ago, Veravey said:

I'm still learning about the world of Volks. Are Pre-Order Projects supposed to imply a larger event, or is this a new thing? Or is this just how they announce the next IP project is coming?

This is an annual event where the pre-order period Last several months, all order are fulfilled, and you can usually order as many of each doll as you want. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

AngryPomeranian

I know this is a looooooong shot, but I would really, really love it they did a Tokyo Mew Mew release. It was one of the only animes I got into and I had a gazillion ocs for it. I'd be the happiest girl on Earth! <3

Edited by AngryPomeranian
Spelling
  • Like 3

Veravey
2 minutes ago, AngryPomeranian said:

Tokyo Mew New

These girls need more merch! <3

AngryPomeranian
2 minutes ago, Veravey said:

These girls need more merch! <3

Exactly! I'd die for a Mint or Pudding DD. (I wouldn't complain if they did Berry, either!)

• Like 1

Veravey
10 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

This is an annual event where the pre-order period Last several months, all order are fulfilled, and you can usually order as many of each doll as you want. 

I see, is there a name for the lottery doll events, too? I'm guessing what makes this event unique is that non-lottery aspect.

MikuFan
2 hours ago, baldylox said:

Billy

my money is on another Miku. Volks is going to have a booth at Magical Mirai. they even tease latest news. https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2021/09/16/004088.html

Miku has released on 2015, 2017, 2019 ....

I want to believe

Miabird24

My dream collab would be kill la kill but I dont think it's relevant enough still to get one :(

• Like 1

Noxxbunny

It's Kaito's 15th anniversary at Magical Mirai this year, so I'm putting my bets down on Kaito. It would follow the same pattern as Meiko's release last year if he was revealed now, I think? I have a good feeling 🤩 lol

• Like 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

iPOUT

I dont know why I keep guessing because I'm always wrong but here are my guesses for series:

Persona 5: cuz of the 25th anniversary

A hololive vtuber: Vtubers are still raising in popularity and definitely sell. Just look at the Gawr Gura Nendoroid fiasco. XD

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Wild guess and my dream come true if Volks made Kanna or Tohru.

Fate: Cuz this is a safe guess at this point.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, MikuFan said:

my money is on another Miku. Volks is going to have a booth at Magical Mirai. they even tease latest news. https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2021/09/16/004088.html

1 hour ago, Noxxbunny said:

It's Kaito's 15th anniversary at Magical Mirai this year, so I'm putting my bets down on Kaito. It would follow the same pattern as Meiko's release last year if he was revealed now, I think? I have a good feeling 🤩 lol

A Vocaloid isn’t impossible as the pre-order, but the announce for the DD preorder is September and not late October to November when Magical Mirai is going on. They do imply an announcement of some sort will happen at Magical Mirai, so that could maybe be a Kaito announcement and a might be a good time to tease the December Dolpa doll.

I’m holding out hope for iDOLM@STER, it’s long overdue for a new character release, and iirc Starlit Season goes on sale soon so it’s a good time for a multi franchise doll release. 

• Like 1

la_

I'm really hoping for Sakura Kinomoto since it's the 25th anniversary of CCS. Ideally, a Sakura and a Syaoran, but I wouldn't hate an MDD CCS Sakura and a DDP or DDS Clear Card Sakura.  

• Like 4

dunceclown

Please please please be Cardcaptor Sakura!!!!

• Like 2

finnleo

hmm... not a betting man, but some thoughts based on previous preorder collabs:

Type moon: Saber Lily re-release, Darth Jean Avenger.

Gainax / Production IG: Darling in the Franxx ... maybe? this has died down a bit... as a wild card they might do Fena the pirate princess. (No eva girls, because thats no longer gainax)

Sqeenix: FF7 perhaps? Cloud, etc ... considering the international appeal of the thing, a FF14 Y'shtola in shadowbringers guise wouldnt be unplausable... Maybe paired with a Stormblood Lyse.

Idolmaster, has been a bit of a new body type launch platform... only a few girls remain of the main series so youd think they'd get to it ... if its cinderella girls it would probably be one of the general election winners, like Fumika, Usamin, etc..

Touhou: Cirno re release, though last year was to-ho, so .. probably not.

with meiko it seems that vocaloids seem to have their own preorder thing going now, so probably wont be this ...

some other bits and bobs, the base Muv Luv Alternative is getting an anime release, and Volks has a history going way back with the IP, even with DD's back in the stringed era.

personally, I always sort of hope of the Gust Arland trilogy girls, especially Rorona.

but well.. the more you think about options, the more you are bound to be wrong ...

• Thanks 1

moerunamida

Whatever the surprises is, I pray to God I don't like it! If it's Nezuko from Kimetsu no Yaiba, I'd die.

• Haha 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

apag22
16 minutes ago, Deyja said:

Whatever the surprises is, I pray to God I don't like it! If it's Nezuko from Kimetsu no Yaiba, I'd die.

oh man if it's nezuko I'm done for..

• Like 2

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Veravey

I have no experience with these events and know little to nothing about prior releases but guessing sounds fun:

Eternal Sailor Moon - due to the movie (maybe just the outfit?)

Nezuko - due to Demon Slayer's success recently

Tohru - due to season 2 (has/would Volks ever go for such extensive "accessories"? Have they ever done a Kyoani IP?)

Love Live! - more a want than a substantiated guess

Madoka co. - 10th anniversary this year

More Re:Zero - though I don't know if they have a history of doing multiple characters from the same IP one after another

Violet Evergarden - after the success of the movie (just imagine her amazing outfit~)

Can't wait to find out.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
41 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Eternal Sailor Moon - due to the movie (maybe just the outfit?)

I would expect more sailor moon until the 30th anniversary at least, and the pre-order project won’t be just an outfit. It’s going to be dolls, and possibly an alt outfit for each doll. 

Have they ever done a Kyoani IP?

Yes, Yui & Mio from K-On. 

More Re:Zero - though I don't know if they have a history of doing multiple characters from the same IP one after another

There is precedent for dolls from a franchise being launched one after the other. Yuriko from iDOLM@STER Million Live in July 2018 & Kaede from iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls in August 2018. Technically those are two different franchises under one overarching super-franchise umbrella. It would be unusual for them to do this though. 

Veravey
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

Yes, Yui & Mio from K-On. 

Well then, if they ever do Kobayashi, I'm done for.