Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

Hazukami
6 hours ago, finnleo said:

MFC is a bit of interesting place to guage Dollfie dream numbers -- for instance:

Saber Lily is more or less regarded as a somewath rare and sought after model. yet there are less original Blue grumpy Saber owners than Lily one's at 109 for team white, and 55 for team blue. Oddly enough only 14 original Illya's in ownership, and im willing to bet they made as many of her as Blue Saber, (but probably less of her coat just to spite people)....

other saberfaces include nero at 199 owners, , and alter seconds at 222, which was another preorder

Gudako only has 18 owners (I wonder if Carnival Order would have flipped this one into the stratosphere if it had been around at the order period...), and Mash at 34, but mash wasnt available in her most desirable shielder getup.

Your miku numbers are probably backwards since I see original miku at 468 owners (this is undeniably the biggest seller volks ever had), versus the reboot at 33

there are 80 kosmos owners and 92 momo's

Anomalies would be Iori and Yayoi at 27 and 17 owners... there's got to be more people than that considering they were a launch model for a new body, though that could mean also mean lots became parted sets.

But at 46 MFC announced orders id say 'Shtola is doing ok-ish. since there are also the possible orders from sqeenix store that probly dont even know about MFC as you said.

(sarcasm) Do not underestimate the power of onlyfans... oh -- yea ... different subject. *ahem* (/sarcasm)

I was half asleep when checking numbers and yeah I noticed I mixed up the wished vs owned lol (still the most 'owned' DD listed on MFC I think)
Wondering if for older DDs people just didn't list/add them but more recent owners of DDs do since a lot more people use MFC now.
And yeah.. like for Utena and Anthy they're under or around 20 I think each for owned and we know ALL of them sold out. 
I agree that not all FFXIV would go onto my MFC, but I feel like some of that could be applied to 2B as well to a degree.
So Y'shtola definitely has more orders than that, though in general I feel she has less than 2B just due to several factors;
payment upfront, lack of ears, more expensive etc.

I did read a lot of people being excited for her to go with their WoL dolls so at this point I don't know x'D
You bring up a good point about the Sabers and MFC numbers if anything at least we know that as many people that say they have them
are at LEAST the minimum number of DDs for specific charas made, which isn't much but it's something.
Some DDs might also be more popular in countries where people don't use MFC and that's why we see so little.

Hazukami
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

You can see a modern trend towards making and marketing clothing aimed at a curvy reimagining of characters, and I tend to think this is driven party by the popularity of vinyls with men, and the inclusion of SmD fits in many of these outfits makes me think it's party driven by what the western market wants. The super curvy DDDy 2B was probably a hit with guys who like very voluptuous imaginings of 2B, and the DD-M Y'shtola doesn't key into that fantasy. 

Very good points! And yeah that was what I was trying to explain in regards to "shallow" popularity. 
Like 'Shtola is more popular due to her character/story etc. in that regard and is one of the most popular FF characters.
But 2B beats her mainly b/c of the things you said and well+ aesthetics.
Like if I saw both dolls and knew nothing about them and was asked to choose one I'd go with 2B even though Y'shtola has such intricate clothes+ a staff.
So I can def. seeing non DD/doll fans buying 2B because it's 2B/her design.
I thought at first you brought up her body type due to the DD customization side of things (like that type of body being hard to get a hold off or something//idk if it is)
but I see that's not the case and I'm 100% in agreement with that!

Side note--
I wanted to add that I love both games and think BOTH are amazing characters like Finn stated, 2B has a lot going on for her (the whole trio does) story and characterwise, unfortunately most fans of 2B don't play far enough or at all to know that lol

+side note; I agree that 'shtola's DD tail isn't that great, my initial thought was that it looks like a pipe cleaner/duster of sorts lol

Edited by Hazukami
Afterthought

finnleo
2 hours ago, Hazukami said:

You bring up a good point about the Sabers and MFC numbers if anything at least we know that as many people that say they have them
are at LEAST the minimum number of DDs for specific charas made, which isn't much but it's something.

the thing I was also implying with the sabers is that there is no burden of proof for the listings (other than voluntary photos). anybody can just add something to their listings as they wish. In Lily's case I think people might have owned her, sold her, but havent removed the owned status for instance, or just claim they own her when they dont because she's a prestige item.

• Like 1

finnleo
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Squeenix deal made them make different arrangements

There might have been pressure for a simultanious release, since there are also the square shop orders in the mix too.

SakuraSylph

I wouldn't read too terribly much into MFC owned numbers for dollfie because, even with no proof of ownership requirements, they are going to be an undercount amongst users of the site.  Problem is that dolls are lumped in with PVC figures in the figure section of user profiles, not separated out into a section on their own like media and goods are. Some people don't like that aggregation, and thus won't list any dolls as owned on MFC.  (I'm one of those. I don't want dolls & their outfits cluttering up my figures list, and don't want figures cluttering up my dolls & clothes list.)

SakuraSylph

finnleo
12 hours ago, SakuraSylph said:

I don't want dolls & their outfits cluttering up my figures list, and don't want figures cluttering up my dolls & clothes list

But... but ... but... a full DD doll always adds that juicy 60cm to the total height of your collection, why pass up on that?

all joking aside, it might need a little more category division in that sense, its fun to see all the big girls amongst the few figmas and transformers I have. although doll clothes did have thier own color code at least.

Then there is the matter of being a bit of a lazy bum and not adding stuff into the lists just for my own sake.. heh.

Hazukami

The icons on my collection all look different for me to care tbh lol
i.e. example of all types of figures: scales, dolls, play arts, play arts kai, figuarts, figma, nendo etc.
So adding dolls wouldn't make much of a difference with how different all the icons are unfortunately.

I mainly use lists to keep track of figures I want and the priority I want them in.
Completely forgot I could make lists for series or types of collectibles; just Square Enix
or just dolls, or just nendos etc.

Link to my MFC in case anyone's curious: https://myfigurecollection.net/profile/HazukiSama
Side note, I need to make an "owned grails" list since I realized that green checkmark only shows for me 
so it looks like I don't own any of my grails unless people go to the "owned" section.

Spoiler

image.png.e79d5f094aa105ecbf1bf837a3226f0e.png

Spoiler

I double posted the photo by accident and now I messed up and created another spoiler..

Not much of anything matches since I have quite a bit of collectibles and it's honestly never bothered me.
It's more a list for myself to be aware of what I own in regards to the media I like.  
NGL after how expensive DDs are, there's no way I don't want some bragging rights x'D

Understandable that others wouldn't want to though, and of course MFC isn't an accurate count
as I mentioned Utena and Anthy are under 20 and they sold out both in VolksUS and Global..
I just really wanted something in regards to order info for Y'shtola and at least the bare minimum on orders
and interest from the few comments. Even if DDs get less than PVCs on there.

(Apologies for the derail it'll be my last post on the subject! Oh to be a fly on the wall for Volks
just to know how much stock they get and what their process for decision making is like)

Edited by Hazukami

black_magicat

Y'Shtola is one of my favorite characters in FFXIV (first being G'raha Tia) and I am proud to say that i waited a whole hour before dumping everything i had to purchase her lol. No regrets.  She is technically the first Dollfie Dream i purchased, i ended up buying another second hand when the opportunity presented itself though. I would definitely throw more money at SE and Volks if they offered a G'raha Tia boy dollfie dream he is certainly popular enough in the game for people to buy him.. or Ardbert/meteor /Estinien. 

many of my friends who play FFXIV saw that pricetag for "a doll" and did not seem interested in buying and didnt know about the hobby or why they are so expensive. However you also have that niche of people who will buy merch as collectors items with high price tags... they released a very expensive FFXIV themed Fender Stratocaster electric Guitar for $3,499.99 that came with an in-game version of it for your character that people did buy.

and now that i think about it i wish the dollfie came with an in-game code too lol.

• Like 1

Misheru

Completely agree with that one! My husband and I have both played FFXIV since the beta and we both ordered Sthola, so in game codes with her would have been awesome. Since we have the minion, the outfit and her painting… I am not sure what it would be but they could come up with something. I could use a doll to carry around in my arms! XD

• Like 1

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

black_magicat

Maybe a special emote would have been fun like the shiva statue, although not sure what it could have been. Or a statue of her for your room/house.  for her price tag that really would have been cool :( a little sad it didnt come with something like that.

• Like 1

Galvatim
7 minutes ago, black_magicat said:

Maybe a special emote would have been fun like the shiva statue, although not sure what it could have been. Or a statue of her for your room/house.  for her price tag that really would have been cool :( a little sad it didnt come with something like that.

Don't give Square ideas, or the next Final Fantasy DD will include an NFT, like the FFVII Bringarts figures, and a 20% price increase.

black_magicat
5 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

Don't give Square ideas, or the next Final Fantasy DD will include an NFT, like the FFVII Bringarts figures, and a 20% price increase.

This is not like NFTs.... You probably would not know if you dont play FFXIV, but they already do in-game items for most of their FFXIV merchandise as it is connected to the game, this is not anything new i am suggesting. The Artbooks all come with in-game codes for minions, the soundtracks also come with in-game music scrolls and items. pushies etc. all have codes. I am just saying i am surprised one of their highest priced items does not have a code. The Fender guitar i mentioned above gives you in in-game version of the same guitar to use with your character. 

to be clear i dont like NFTs either but an in-game code for players who buy merch of their game isnt the same thing. 

• Like 4

Emil
6 hours ago, black_magicat said:

and now that i think about it i wish the dollfie came with an in-game code too lol.

Wouldn't happen, most players hated her and called doll collectors an almost impressive amount of pejoratives.. Don't forget that the official thread from the FFXIV Twitter included images of jars all throighout the comments. 

Edited by Emil
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, Emil said:

Don't forget that the official thread from the FFXIV Twitter included images of jars all throighout the comments.

Jars?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Emil
22 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Jars?

Please... don't make me explain it 😭😭😭

To skirt around the... larger part of it

Players who weren't doll collectors were referring to sticking DD Y'shtola in a jar. 

• Haha 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

Tira
3 hours ago, black_magicat said:

I think a Brave New Y'shtola minion would be the most appropriate in-game reward. That way your dollfie could join you on your adventure. 

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, Emil said:

Please... don't make me explain it

Ok, I looked it up, that's exactly the type of commentary I'd expect from the ass end of the gamer community. These are probably some of the same clowns from gamergate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

black_magicat

I.... don't get the jar thing. But i can imagine its probably not a good thing. so maybe its best I dont know lol. 

Regardless I'm super excited to get her soon :3 

• Like 1

Thespian

I like Y'shtola, but I've been toying with the idea of doing a custom of my personal best boy when the opportunity presents itself...*sobs in Haurchefant*

• Like 2

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Emil

I'm curious to see what Shtola will go for secondhand once most of the delivery waves are out. I've been considering getting 2B and 9S heads customised into my two catgirls (Face 4 Seeker & Keeper) to go along with her, but I won't do that unless I can snag Shtola at a reasonable-ish price lol

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Emil said:

but I won't do that unless I can snag Shtola at a reasonable-ish price lol

Pre-orders tend to not be too bad, but COVID has impacted the used doll market a bit. 

• Like 1

Hazukami

Been seeing more interest for 'Shtola lately (namely on mfc, at least 6ppl) and some interesting arguments on her pricing lol
This doll legitimately has me scratching my head as to what she'll go for in aftermarket due to the growing interest, payment upfront
but also it being a pre-order doll, buuut also the fanbase's overly negative response to it etc.

Regardless I'm just glad I got a pre-order in and hope that mine arrives safely overall. 

• Like 2

black_magicat

i would love to see a Haurchy  <3 i saw someone post somewhere their DD G'raha Tia and thier WOL creation and i think its an awesome idea. im tempted to recreate one of my resin dolls into one of my wol. 

• Like 1

black_magicat

sorry to post again, but does anyone know if Y'shtola will come with a body suit? it does not state that she will on her page and i looked on the volks website and looks like maybe people were thinking the same thing as the Tan body suit is currently sold out. I would like to keep her in her default outfit but now i'm worried about staining.

the second hand doll i purchased has marks on her so i was going to order some dream rescue for her and a suit for her and y'shtola. 

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, black_magicat said:

it does not state that she will on her page

If it's not on the list of included items, then she does not.