Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

Wasabi
14 hours ago, Veravey said:

Oh my god, NEVER ever would I have guessed this was the event. Wow. WOW. I'm beyond excited.

All day at work today I kept thinking "tonight is going to be such a great night, Dollfie announcement, Final Fantasy 14 Live Letter on the new expansion, I can't wait!"

Never, EVER, did I put the two together for a second. I'm still watching the Live Letter as I write this.

Wow.

I managed to put 1 and 1 together... two hours before they announced her on the live stream? I immediately tuned in and LO AND BEHOLD I WAS REWARDED.

14 hours ago, Beani said:

Well done on calling it!

WOW though. This girl is stunning. The photos are so much more impressive than usual for Volks (maybe SE was involved?) to the point where I worry she won't look so great in person. I'll be watching to see when they plan the in store display for her, given she is already up for order it will hopefully be soon.

They actually showed a little bit of her on the live stream (At 6:56:00) Link in Spoiler tag because the preview is huge, but they showed a bit of her on camera!

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Veravey said:

I just had to explain in between gasps the level of my excitement to my guildmates. We were 4-5 hours into the Live Letter when I saw the DD news and had trouble explaining the merger of 2 of my largest hobbies.

They were really kind about it thankfully @onion22@

My coworkers have been very forgiving on my screech level of excitement. But I expect a lot of questions from those who did not know I like and collect dolls.

8 hours ago, finnleo said:

For EU people you might really want to calculate the difference in cost from Volks and paying import duties vs. buying from the square EU shop, personally I saw a healthy 150€ difference in Volks's favor after calculating possible customs and taxes (calculated with todays rates)

Yeah I was thinking the same. Saw the 1100 euro-is price on the Square Enix EU store and thought I must have misread or something. I'm willing to take the risk on shipping + taxes. And I haven't ordered from the EU store since Brexit, but I think the EU store was located in the UK? Which means I would get hit with import fees th mainland Europe either way.

3 hours ago, Veravey said:

So what’s the probability they continue with more character? 

I would die for Lyse, Ryne, Gaia, and Yugiri. I would die twice at Krile and kimono Tateru, but lala bodies would be more difficult to market for Volks.

I would love more characters, but I also don't know which ones. Lyse seems like a good choice, Minfillia was made for DDdy but she hasn't been relevant in years (not as Minfillia, anyway). Alisae and Alphinaud could be really cute. Ysayle? Maybe? I'd break the bank for Yotsuyu.

I'd love some of the guys (Aymeric or Estinien, anyone?) but at the same time I feel like the current DD boy bodies aren't suitable for them.

• Like 3

Galvatim

If Volks does make more Final Fantasy DDs, there's always Areis, Tifa, and Cloud.  Maybe Yuna from FFX.  I wouldn't say no to Rinoa from FFVIII.  

• Like 1

BeyondTime
12 minutes ago, Wasabi said:

I'd love some of the guys (Aymeric or Estinien, anyone?) but at the same time I feel like the current DD boy bodies aren't suitable for them.

Very low possibility of characters too tall for the current DDB body. They’d basically need to make a DDB version of SD17B to makes the elven characters. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

asianed
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Very low possibility of characters too tall for the current DDB body. They’d basically need to make a DDB version of SD17B to makes the elven characters. 

Would also need extensions for the neck. Because Elezen = giraffe 

monkeypizzasonic

I love the idea of a tan realistic DD, but something about her faceup around the eyes is putting me off. Hoping to see some nice custom versions of her. 

Miruna

This doll is fantastic! I actually think she looks better than her in-game model.

mk13

She's gorgeous!

Does Volks sell tan parts? I couldn't see any in the online shop, is it only available in a physical store?

BeyondTime
12 minutes ago, mk13 said:

She's gorgeous!

Does Volks sell tan parts? I couldn't see any in the online shop, is it only available in a physical store?

As of right now Volks only sells tan in Japan, and they have not announced any planned changes. Unless you live in Japan, the only way you can get tan parts is through a proxy.

Hopefully they will either sell option parts as a special item for people who pre-order, or they will start selling tan online. It is possible that they don't see the option parts as necessary as you are buying the specific character Y'shtola and she comes with a predefined bust size and a custom hand with built in jewelry.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
12 minutes ago, mk13 said:

She's gorgeous!

You can only get them at Doll Point. I’m hoping they will do something similar to SDs where they include an order form for hand parts, or make them easier to get before she ships.

EDIT: BT beat me by nanoseconds lol so I will just also add… someone before wondered if she has teeth and she does! You can see them in some of the lower angle shots, I think they’re very cute. She’s not the first DD to have teeth though, Luka also has them, although I’m not sure about others.

Edited by Monty

Shamrock

I can't believe we have to wait until 2022/23 till she arrives!   I am definitely ordering her because I LOVE Final Fantasy and she is gorgeous!  Plus she is TAN!  OMG those are hard to come by unless you go to the store directly.  Definitely hoping they introduce more like this in the future!

Galvatim

There's still a fair bit of Volks News 93 info coming, including the DD Gathering info.  Not saying we should get our hopes up, but an announcement of wider availability of tan DDs might happen there.  Or Volks could wait until next year, when Y'shtola releases.  (Or never.)  I'd like to see more availability, I'd like some option hands for my tan Natsuki. 

• Like 2

Misheru

We (my husband and I) have played FFXIV since the beta and we both play Miqo’tes and love Y’shtola. This was a very easy choice as soon as she was introduced on the Live Letter. I was so excited! She looks just like the character.  It is not easy to drop $2k in a day on dolls, but this was a no brainer for us. Now to wait until next winter…ahhhh!!!

• Like 6

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

battrastard
10 minutes ago, Misheru said:

It is not easy to drop $2k in a day on dolls, but this was a no brainer for us. Now to wait until next winter…ahhhh!!!

Never played, but, seeing the pics on SE and Volks sites, I think she's/they're($2k, meaning you're getting 2?) going to be worth the wait. 

Congrats, can't wait to see pics... 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

HK47

She's pretty .

"I must have it,
Precious treasure"

is what i would like to say but  i put in for the lotto on the other 2 dolls. I have to wait and see. but tan parts.

kranberrijam

My husband, who has shown zero interest in my dolls, freaked out about this and told me we were ordering two (he's going to make one his character). NO REGRETS.

• Like 7

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

HK47

I wonder what size wig she has? normal dollfie head or is it smaller  the  eyes  look smaller. maybe i should look at the specs

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, HK47 said:

I wonder what size wig she has? normal dollfie head or is it smaller  the  eyes  look smaller. maybe i should look at the specs

The eyes are the same type of eyes used in SD, so they are quite different from the style of eyes you see in DD.

SakuraSylph

Oh? A catgirl, loligothic, with face stripes you say? Check, check, and check. That's a lot of good and unusual qualities we have here. Outstanding looking doll thus far. I don't happen to know much of Square's MMO properties, just their mainline releases, but that's not required in this case because the character design speaks for itself.

SDC Renee nyan-nyan would like a big sister. It's about time we finally got an official DD catgirl. I'm not sure how well the technique would work with DD's soft headcap, but putting schpitt magnets in there for the ears like Renee uses would be ideal. Someone posted a photo of that on a different SD earlier in the thread. I'll be looking forward to more news on how her ears are attached and also how her headsculpt looks wigless without human ears if that's correct.

I'm a bit bummed it's a preorder project because that means delivery will be 16 months out. Lottieries are easier to deal with I've found, after having done them many times. Despite being interested, I haven't decided whether to order one myself and put up with the emotional weight of the wait again (rawr Miku), or just buy one in a year from someone who bought extras, because some will always be for sale upon delivery.

Regardless, excellent announcement.

SakuraSylph

bbotss

I hope this means that Volks will be making more FF characters in future! The possibilities are endless, although the contents of my wallet are regrettably less so.

It's gonna be such a long wait though T.T

• Like 1

Beani

I went to see her in Akiba today. Absolutely gorgeous, my boyfriend put in his order on the spot. Now I have two months to try and justify having two in the house.. 

I took a bunch of pics with my phone for you guys and a shaky video. You can see the full album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWHdStf

Sadly she didn't have her staff. My only points of concern with her were the tail (which just doesn't look good compared to the ears, but not sure how they could have done it better) and the amount of hemless fabric in the outfit. Hopefully it was all chosen well and won't fray at all. 

51491956704_2b7fd01346_z.jpg

51491247551_b1df517c31_z.jpg

51491464268_48b58bab44_z.jpg

Edited by Beani
Figured out how to embed the video.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

moerunamida

She's simply stunning! If I had the funds easily and the space to store her, I'd gladly get her. She's definitely breath taking, and I haven't played a FF game since the 3rd one on Super Nintendo (yup, I'm a loser lol).

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Beani

Seems Wayfinder can't access his account due to password reset errors so I'm posting his stuff as well. He has a much better phone than me so the photos are crisper.

Full album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWGhykm

Walkaround video: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Ylse

She looks stunning and at the same time also so cute! I love her smile! I have to think about ordering her too 😅 

Thank you Beani for all the photo's!!

Edited by Ylse
  • Like 1

Eiko82
10 hours ago, Wasabi said:

Hide contents

Yeah I was thinking the same. Saw the 1100 euro-is price on the Square Enix EU store and thought I must have misread or something. I'm willing to take the risk on shipping + taxes. And I haven't ordered from the EU store since Brexit, but I think the EU store was located in the UK? mainland Europe either way

Their HQ is in London but they ship from France for EU orders. So you wouldn't pay customs. 

I preordered the PAK Tifa Lockhart figure last year and I had the same concerns. It was shipped in April or May and I didn't pay any customs on it. 

These photos are so gorgeous. I lowkey want her but can't justify the cost. 

Edited by Eiko82

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)