Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

Victoria

I have just preordered her. Using that paypal credit thingy for the first time as I don't have that much on hand right now and also can't justify spending that much at once and then wait more than a year. o.o

I also have the feeling she is much more expensive from SE EU than from VolksJP (+ shipping and custom fees) but my credit card has a limit of 1k EUR and I also can't upgrade that. So....I'm just grateful that there is at least one other option to get her with paypal. 

Super excited!!! 

I'd love to use her sculpt for an own character with a custom FU but she is so gorgeous, mine will just stay as she is.

Edited by Victoria

HK47

Thank you for the Photos and video Beani. Now I want her more.

• Like 1

Misuka

How absolutely cool! The staff is on-point, it looks exactly like it does ingame.

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, Beani said:

My only points of concern with her were the tail (which just doesn't look good compared to the ears, but not sure how they could have done it better)

Looking at images of the xiv cat characters, her tail is too high up. It’s coming out of her lower back instead of the base of her spine, and that looks a bit off, and it emphasizes the tail as a prop instead of a part of her anatomy. Volks would have to have made a custom lower torso to properly accommodate the tail. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Riesz

I took some reference shots of Y'shtola using a game tool called Anamnesis. I tried to get some shots to show where her ears are positioned, tail is positioned, her neck tattoo, etc.

The forum is resizing it to be small so here is the full resolution: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qMhVZwnyxubwmIUhsoQm2HgWE7diPvnQ/view?usp=sharing

yshtola.jpg.9afbec477aca90b21dbe73b60a083f25.jpg

Edited by Riesz
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Riesz said:

I tried to get some shots to show where her ears are positioned, tail is positioned, her neck tattoo, etc.

That’s kind of what I was getting at; the tail needs to extend from the end of the spine which basically means it needs to grow out of the middle of her butt and not the small of her back. I don’t think Volks had a realistic way to do this short of making a custom doll butt that the tail bolts on to.

I’m really curious if the tail is attached to the doll or to the outfit?

If that’s her in game model she should really come with an S or SS bust too. I’m regretting not grabbing some tan items when they were on the web store during last year’s lockdown. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Riesz
52 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

That’s kind of what I was getting at; the tail needs to extend from the end of the spine which basically means it needs to grow out of the middle of her butt and not the small of her back. I don’t think Volks had a realistic way to do this short of making a custom doll butt that the tail bolts on to.

If that’s her in game model she should really come with an S or SS bust too. I’m regretting not grabbing some tan items when they were on the web store during last year’s lockdown. 

Yeah I'm a bit sad she doesn't come with S bust as default. I'm hoping her tail will be attached with wire around her waist or something similar so that it can be positioned as we'd like. I'm already thinking about making a custom tail and ears for her, however. Not super big on the plastic looking ears.

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, Riesz said:

Yeah I'm a bit sad she doesn't come with S bust as default.

Yeah, I really hope we get to buy some option parts as a part of this. One way or another I’m getting her some hands and a smaller bust. When I look at her side profile she’s an SS, and I do have those falsies that came with Starpiece Memories for her to wear if she puts on her default. I think Volks will only use busts smaller than M if the license holder insists on it. Too many clothing fitment issues with smaller busts.

Of course, unless those tattoos are decals included with her set a smaller aftermarket bust won’t have them.

47 minutes ago, Riesz said:

I'm hoping her tail will be attached with wire around her waist or something similar so that it can be positioned as we'd like.

Yeah, otherwise she’s tailless if she wears other clothing. 

Veravey
54 minutes ago, Riesz said:

I'm hoping her tail will be attached with wire around her waist or something similar so that it can be positioned as we'd like

1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

If you watch @Beani's video a bit closely, I think you can see it clipped to the bottom of her dress opening? There seems to be something silver there. 

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Galvatim

The tail is listed as a separate part, but there's no indication of how it attaches, yet.  Ideally, it would attach to a magnet in the doll, allowing for all but the bulkiest outfits to be worn.  I have a Mashiro set with a tail, and Volks attached a (black) band that snapped around the waist for that one.  

I'm probably getting Y'shtola's outfit, so I'm interested to see what Volks does this time.  I don't see Volks going for a magnet setup, most likely the tail attaches to the dress via a snap or belt.  

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

I don't see Volks going for a magnet setup, most likely the tail attaches to the dress via a snap or belt.  

If it was a snap you could potentially make an elastic belt that fits around the hips or even possibly stitch a snap onto a pair of panties. That would allow for positioning the tail under other outfits like a school uniform skirt. The big challenge would be the weight of the tail, which presumably has a metal wire for posing. 

• Like 1

kranberrijam

I'll be getting with a modder to look into making a second pair of ears and a tail for our custom one, so maybe we can see about other ways to do the tail. Might have to just adjust it to be attached to each outfit (I would like a magnet option though, since bikinis are great in the game).

I'm REALLY interested to know if she has human ears or not (I personally hope not).

Edited by kranberrijam

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

abs2891
13 minutes ago, kranberrijam said:

I'll be getting with a modder to look into making a second pair of ears and a tail for our custom one, so maybe we can see about other ways to do the tail. Might have to just adjust it to be attached to each outfit (I would like a magnet option though, since bikinis are great in the game).

I'm REALLY interested to know if she has human ears or not (I personally hope not).

She doesn’t, Japanese fan accounts from store visits have confirmed.

• Like 1

kranberrijam
1 hour ago, abs2891 said:

She doesn’t, Japanese fan accounts from store visits have confirmed.

Thanks so much!! I can't read Japanese so couldn't confirm, that is AWESOME.

• Like 1

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Beani

@BeyondTime @Riesz It’s hard to say for sure but the tail appears to attach with a metal clip (not a snap or wire). So it could be clipped to other outfits that have the right edges. Maybe Volks News will have a better shot as they should show the outfit parts. 

Also, it’s funny that SE is now 2/2 for putting their girls up a bust size in doll form.

51490529942_ac0f94d71a_c.jpgY'shtola Dollfie Dream on display in Doll Point Akihabara, tail attachment point by Way Finder, on Flickr

@kranberrijam I looked for human ears and there didn’t seem to be any. the hair styling makes it so hard to be 100% sure but some reported the store staff said she didn’t have any too. 

• Like 2

Melrose

She really is a gorgeous doll. My husband, who's an avid XIV player, desperately wants her. I never thought I'd ever have a conversation about HIM wanting something like a dollfie but it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless (we've had various doll related talks throughout our marriage and he knows a bit about the bjd/DD hobby because of me).

• Like 6

Beani

I love seeing the stories about partners suddenly being interested in dolls because of the FF link. Sharing the doll hobby with your partner is loads of fun and it’s great to see that this collab is allowing it to happen for more people. 

• Like 2

BeyondTime
23 minutes ago, Beani said:

attach with a metal clip (not a snap or wire

It looks like it might be a safety pin type. I kind of want to see her outfit modified so the tail comes out farther down. Volks probably tried different things and this is just what worked best. 

• Like 2

Misheru
On 9/18/2021 at 4:05 PM, Veravey said:

100%, his following is enormous and for good reason. But (and again, I'm still learning about Volks) but I'm assuming the chances of a male IP is extremely tiny.

G’Raha would be perfect for a Volks boy because he is shorter and much more lean than most due to being a young Miqo’te male. Plus he is super popular and I love love love him. Oh please Volks, please Square Enix!!! Give us G’Raha in his present form!!! Take my money now!! 

• Like 1

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Misheru
On 9/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, battrastard said:

Never played, but, seeing the pics on SE and Volks sites, I think she's/they're($2k, meaning you're getting 2?) going to be worth the wait. 

Congrats, can't wait to see pics... 

Thank you very much! Yes, we have both been collecting DDs for over a decade and have been playing FFXIV over 8 years now. So one of us ordered through Square Enix immediately before I found out they could be ordered through Volks directly. Going that route saved a little with the exchange rate and no sale tax, but the additional shipping almost evened it out.

We already have custom DDs of our FFXIV avatars, so I cannot wait to get the Y’shtolas for a group pic. If only I had 2B as well, then we would have all of the FFXIV (guest) characters covered for now.  

what I need is for some clever person to make a 3D print or resin style cat ear similar to what is shown for Y’shtola. That is the only thing not quite right on our customs are the ears. Miqo’te ears are a bit different than regular cat ears. We will see I guess. XD

• Like 1

BeyondTime
On 9/18/2021 at 4:29 PM, Monty said:

She’s not the first DD to have teeth though, Luka also has them, although I’m not sure about others.

Kaede has teeth as well. 

• Like 1

Riesz
1 hour ago, Misheru said:

Thank you very much! Yes, we have both been collecting DDs for over a decade and have been playing FFXIV over 8 years now. So one of us ordered through Square Enix immediately before I found out they could be ordered through Volks directly. Going that route saved a little with the exchange rate and no sale tax, but the additional shipping almost evened it out.

We already have custom DDs of our FFXIV avatars, so I cannot wait to get the Y’shtolas for a group pic. If only I had 2B as well, then we would have all of the FFXIV (guest) characters covered for now.  

what I need is for some clever person to make a 3D print or resin style cat ear similar to what is shown for Y’shtola. That is the only thing not quite right on our customs are the ears. Miqo’te ears are a bit different than regular cat ears. We will see I guess. XD

I also have a custom Miqo'te doll of my avatar and I had decent luck with getting a small size of rabbit ears to use for the Miqo'te ears. The ones I bought have wire in them so I shaped them a bit more Miqo'te like and although it isn't perfect I actually think I like them better than the plastic ones Volks is showing because they're actually soft and fuzzy. I guess I'll see how much I like the plastic ears once I have them in my hands.

These are the rabbit ears I use. I got them in 1/4 scale size for my DD and that size is suitable to use as Miqo'te ears - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.7386009.1997985097.d4918997.2cbc46caJ7J1GU&id=604364076554&_u=t2dmg8j26111

Also if you contact the seller they will possibly make them in other colours. I got them in pink. I also bought the cat tail from this same seller and it's fantastic.

Edited by Riesz

nami

Hoshitsukiya (Volks Friend Shop) has confirmed that she does not have human ears! (They even repeat it three times on their FB post about her! XD)

But looks like they'll have to take full payment for her as Volks insists on it... It is cheaper overall for me to order from them since won't have to play shipping, but I'll need to think about it a little more.

Edited by nami

Misheru

@Riesz This sounds amazing! My Miqo’te is always in pink and my husband’s cat girl is always in blue so this option sounds perfect. Thank you for the suggestion!