Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Masteryoda1978

Server Error When Sending PM?

Masteryoda1978

Idk if this is a site wide issue but I’m unable to send a pm. It comes back with an internal error message? Thank you. 

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Masteryoda1978 said:

Idk if this is a site wide issue but I’m unable to send a pm. It comes back with an internal error message? Thank you. 

It seems to boil down to needing to retype a part of the text that it’s unable to process. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Masteryoda1978
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

It seems to boil down to needing to retype a part of the text that it’s unable to process. 

Thank you I tried typing another reply and it worked. I’m not good with computer stuff thank you for helping me. 

chef_mai

I'm also baffled by this bug too. It's tied to this rich text editor, and I haven't been able to narrow it down to any particular characters. I even used the remove format button and tried composing outside the side and pasting as plain text. No dice. Retyping the offending part got the problem to go away.

What helped a lot was using the preview text feature. If your post will be rejected, it will pop up blank there and is a lot more elegant than posting part of your post and editing.

foo

It seems to be when it tries autocompleting an emoji but then you cancel or interrupt it. It leaves an invisible marker in the text which just bodyslams anyone who walks by.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
37 minutes ago, foo said:

It seems to be when it tries autocompleting an emoji but then you cancel or interrupt it. It leaves an invisible marker in the text which just bodyslams anyone who walks by.

That’s likely a bug, and that detail is really helpful information, but I’m not sure we’re going to see a fix for it anytime soon. Some of the site elements are third party add-ons and they haven’t been updated by the programmers that made them. This is preventing updates to the forum. Discarding the add-ons would probably entail a site redesign. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai

Anecdotally, I've found this happens most frequently in portions of posts involving (), which is consistent with what foo said. Removing parentheses from your post would be a good starting point if you've written something really long that gets rejected.