Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

That_Dollfie_Dude

Volks Lotteries for Online Store 2nd Anniversary Fair

Ui-
On 10/15/2021 at 12:10 PM, BeyondTime said:

Cain is kind of tempting, but Elsa is potentially too close. 

This. There are so many that are beyond tempting to me. I risked dipping into the wallet to buy a couch for my Lucia coming in December, that burgundy one similar to the Victorian chair, so I just can’t risk it with how potentially close Anna and Elsa are. Crazy how expsncie furniture is for these, but when you think it’s scaled down to 1/3 of a human couch, it makes sense. Price is scaled down to about 1/3 too lol. 

Anna and Elsa… Anna and Elsa… Anna and Elsa… keep repeating it to yourself, Ui, you can do it. Saaaave. SAAAAVE.

@Wasabi I’m jealous if the safeness of your wallet. I am tempted into buying something every time I visit the darn site. I need to cool my damn horses with the buy everything you see attitude. It’s gonna make my wallet spontaneously combust. Or burst and aneurysm lmao.

la_
2 hours ago, Monty said:

I don’t know if things are different to when you last ordered or just different for Canada but Volks seems to have gotten a good deal with DHL because their shipping prices have been almost exactly the same as EMS for me (to Australia), even for large dolls. Maybe the difference is a couple hundred yen or so.

That's great to hear. The last doll I ordered was 2B, when EMS was still available. I paid ~$100 shipping for a large anime figure (about half the size of a standard Volks shipping box) via DHL recently so I was worried the dolls might get up to $200-$300. 

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Ui- said:

Price is scaled down to about 1/3 too lol.

I looked up the price of those fancy chairs / sofas in human size online and they can cost $10,000 - $20,000 at the high end. The Volks contemporary sofa is much more reasonable in price, but undoubtedly far less expensive to produce in 1/3 size than the Victorian ones. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

di-chan123
3 hours ago, la_ said:

That's great to hear. The last doll I ordered was 2B, when EMS was still available. I paid ~$100 shipping for a large anime figure (about half the size of a standard Volks shipping box) via DHL recently so I was worried the dolls might get up to $200-$300. 

The last time I shipped a DD from Japan to Canada was back in August of this year using DHL. Their shipping fee was 7,072 yen, and that was for a large doll box with another small doll. Customs fees was just under $120 CAD tho >.>

Hope that helps give (some) piece of mind :)

• Thanks 1

HazelMaze
17 hours ago, la_ said:

Since Marisa just showed up and I happen to be in Canada- my charge via DHL was only 110 ( customs included) I was worried it would be more as well, but it's looking good for the future!

I am however wondering what I'll be paying on the mystery wig bags I ordered.....it was a small order over all but I was once charged 15 dollars for a 25 dollar book by DHL sooooo I don't trust easy!

Hoping to score a lucky bag this weekend- I blanked on my timing last weekend and they only had wigs left!

• Thanks 1

Hiruma
18 hours ago, la_ said:

I recently received my Snow Miku from Osaka (not Volks but with all the original Volks packaging) to Vancouver, Canada via DHL and the shipping was just over 10,000 yen with a bit extra for additional insurance. The customs charge was the rather standard $17 CAD or so for DHL's processing fee and then the regular Canadian taxes for your item depending on which province you are in. 

My other order from Volks shipped via DHL was the same as what I would have paid via EMS according to the EMS rate schedule on their website, so I'm hoping the shipping and fees aren't too high for you! 

• Thanks 1

foo
On 11/1/2021 at 6:02 AM, la_ said:

I entered for the tan MDD mochi-ashi, but I forgot shipping is currently DHL so now I'm dreading the shipping fee.

I just received my Marisa. Volks didn’t charge anything special for shipping, but unlike Canada Post, DHL doesn’t waive/ignore customs fees and that was $100. It was $80 sales tax and the rest was DHL’s brokerage fee. 

• Thanks 1

Roxanne

I am so in love with 24. She is everything I ever wanted in a doll (not even exaggerating). Even the hair and eye combo is perfection to me!

I picked up GL membership just to try for her. Knowing my luck I'll never have her and I'll be left heartbroken but I would never forgive myself if I didn't at least try.

• Like 1

My instagram! 

Jezrah

I ended up caving and entered for both the 21 and 26. The likelihood of winning both is slim, and I wouldn't be bankrupt if that happened, just cut off from further purchases for a while. I was just worried that the 26 has lots of competition (not that they all don't) and if I only entered for him and lost I'd wonder if I would have had a chance at all on the 21.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

la_

My lucky bags came in! Here are some pics for anyone considering buying some during tonight's drop:

SD 13 Pack

I LOVE this one! The bow on the halter neck! The BOOTS! The cardigan! This is exactly my doll style, I'm so happy with it! I'm 99% sure I have this exact cardigan in navy from another outfit set, but I'm happy to have it in black too.

20211105_133211.jpg.f5e34b72d9fdb669a40d415594cde8ff.jpg

MDD Pack

Once again, I'm in LOVE with it! The tiny little punk skirt is killing me! This set is remarkably well-coordinated. Is it an older full outfit set? There's no way they picked all of these by chance. I can't wait to put my DDP in this. 10/10 this is my favourite.

20211105_135340.jpg.e3d5cb6ca49f44d0eb2326204c765b0f.jpg

DD Pack

Unfortunately, this was the outfit from the listing so that's kind of boring. Luckily, the collar is removable because I'm not a huge fan of it. The shoes are lovely (high-heeled platform mary janes) and I'll get a lot of use out of the socks (always good to have more black sheer thigh highs). I'm pretty sure the rosary chain is supposed to be a necklace, but if I use it, I'll add a bit of chain at the back to make it a belt because I think it's cuter that way.

20211105_140226.jpg.788d4395cc0e560a389d54fdbee3aec8.jpg

DD Wig Pack

I don't have a doll in hand atm so I won't take pictures of the wig pack. I'm just using the web photos. This is the only one that I'm let down by. I got all 4 of the short wigs pictured on the thumbnail for the Dollfie Dream wig pack, in the colours pictured. The two on the left are cute, but feel awful. The brown one is very dry and coarse. It feels like a coir mat. The blonde one feels g r e a s y. Hopefully I can wash the weird film out of it. I got a long wavy blonde wig instead of the pictured long brown one and it's the only one I really like. It's a lot cuter in person than in the web photo. It's super soft and doesn't have the greasy feeling that a lot of the older wigs have. It gives me strong OEC-era Jinsoul vibes, so I might trim it to butt-length.

wigs.png.9da5aa4925e36fa217b6ac50fb5c8416.png

Volks please stop putting fake foliage in these things, I have a full box of fake autumn leaf garlands now.

• Like 2

foo
6 hours ago, la_ said:

My lucky bags came in! Here are some pics for anyone considering buying some during tonight's drop:

Thanks, I ordered the same stuff. I was going to get the wig back you got, but because of your post I thought I'd try the SD-size wigs instead.

• Like 1

HazelMaze

Found out my wigs arrived! I'll post the results here once I get home.

I decided against going for the lucky bags this weekend, but I have only a small amount of regret!

Pardon the double post, but the forum decided I was not to update my comment!

Edit:

So I took a look at what I got- and whew-I am glad I went and got the SD bag and the dollfie bag or I might've been a bit bummed!

I don't want to spam up the thread and have only one doll on hand- but maybe I'll do a quick line up of girls when there is better light.

Anyway! My dollfie specific bag had two of the same, super short "j-rock" wigs.Sorta my least favorite style to be honest...I may try double stacking them or do some "twins" photo shoots. Then a third short black that looks to be much like the other two, another short,boyish, chestnut brown wig annnnnd than a long, brown bang wig! Brown and black was the name of the game. I'm not too sad, they are styles I never buy for myself but always wish I had around XD

The SD bag came with a lot more variety:

-orange-blonde pig tales

-curled chestnut wig with red ribbons in it

-black and blonde j-rock wig

-some sort of dirty blonde wig.( which looks INSANELY greasy in bag!) 

-black ponytail wig tied with white ribbon 

They gifted me two sets of eyes, one pink and one brown.I'm thankful I have at least one resin girl who can use them! It was fun, and I can safely say I don't need anymore wigs for awhile!

• Like 1

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, HazelMaze said:

Pardon the double post, but the forum decided I was not to update my comment!

I merged them for you. 

Unfortunately the only solution I have found for that error is to copy your post to a text editor and paste it back section by section. Once you find the bad paragraph, past it back sentence by sentence until you have the bad section; then you just retype that section. Basic technical troubleshooting says do things 50/50 i.e. paste back half the post, and if that works you know the bad bit is in the other half, then you paste back half of that and rinse / repeat.

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Geck_O

Has anyone got the lottery results yet? I'm curious!

abs2891

My status hasn’t changed yet

edit: I would theorize we’d start to see updates around 10am Japan time 

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 1

Geck_O
1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Nothing yet, I'm really nervous! 🥺

Manifesting some lottery wins for us 🤣

• Like 1

Roxanne
12 minutes ago, Geck_O said:

Manifesting some lottery wins for us 🤣

Heck yes please! Fingers crossed! 🤞

My instagram! 

Wasabi

Manifesting results for everyone who participated~
I'm sending you my luck for this month since I'm not participating, may you be blessed by Lady Luck!

• Thanks 1

Geck_O
2 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

Aaahhh I just got a win notice for a mochi ashi 21!!!! Any other notices yet?

I got a winning notice for the DDS 11!  I was worried there for a second haha I kept refreshing the page like crazy!

• Like 8

di-chan123

I got a winning notice for MDD 19! I’m excited to welcome home a new cutie.

• Like 7

Satsuki_Yatohji

I won DDH-21 :) !!!! Congrats everyone! It's nice to have these D'coord lotteries, changes to win are high.

• Like 3