Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
battrastard

Phoenix "Informal" Doll Meet

battrastard

Using this as a "Placeholder", to post more pics in the next few days. (got some cool swag, and hopefully, @Poofiemus and @animagic4u would like to post their pics too) I've missed this, guys, we need to get more to show up, next time. Maybe we could coerce, erm, persuade, @sinclair to let all of us overwhelm/mob/run amok... Umm........... 

*cough* 

I mean, ask, if there would be a possibility of a DD/Doll meet where there are cool (large, close-to-doll-sized) trains for an AZ meet. 

*yeah! that's it!*

Tana: "Papa, you're rambling again, get on with your post, already!" 

informal Phx Doll meet

Had a chance to meet a very cute Unoa, (can't remember her name, @animagic4u, I'm so sorry!!! pls don't send Sayuri after me!! @Poofiemus's Asphodel, Katya w/small midget (whose name escapes me atm), and Allie and Meg w/more LittlePests that I haven't remembered the names of... 

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 4

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Poofiemus

Lol the micro midget is Vita. Honestly find it a little funny that the two syllable name is the one that slipped your memory, but that you did remember Asphodel's, when that's the one most people forget. :lol:

It was awesome seeing you guys again. I dunno about you, but I needed that!

As for my haul, haven't taken many pics of my haul yet, but I think the star item is the suitcase:

20211010_094555.jpg.da3b7c3dd83dc9c4da82ab834a8a8fb2.jpg

Edited by Poofiemus
  • Like 2

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

battrastard

Finally got the phone to play nice with Flickr. Here's more of what I picked up at the meet: 

2021-10-11_08-59-57

A very nicely made American Girl table with two chairs. 

(I let Yukiko show these off, when I came home Saturday, I found she'd taken a nose-dive off the shelf, bounced off the couch and landed on the floor. She's OK, no scuffs or marks. So, to make up for it, she gets her choice of some really well made Iwako erasers.(got those a week earlier))

2021-10-11_09-01-26

The cool thing about the table: the ends (leaves) fold down to take up less space! 

Sitting on the table are some of the other stuff I found.

A collapsible brass telescope, which actually has a pretty decent set of lenses! 

A brass magnifying glass that also works. 

I'm really stoked about finding the Singer 20 mini sewing machine, aside from some "stickiness" turning the wheel, everything moves as it should.

These were made from about 1910 to 1950-ish, to help young girls learn to sew by making clothes for their dolls. 

Cool note: there's still parts for these lil things!! I searched EvilBay and found needles, a wooden knob for the handle, replacement set screws and a complete manual for operating and restoring it! 

On to the other cool find:

I've always seen some really cool school desks on here, but most of them seem to be of the more modern style, so, when I saw this, I knew I had to grab it.

2021-10-11_09-03-41

2021-10-11_09-04-08

The seat does swivel a bit. (you can see in the pic, sorta) 

The table, chairs and desk look to be made of real wood, instead of that pressed/glued sawdust that I've seen for a lot of things lately, so these will last a long time, with care. 

Was very happy to see @Poofiemus and @animagic4u again, I hope to see more of the Ecchizona crew soon, including the new ones I haven't met yet.. 

That's it for now, I need to come up with some pic ideas about the other things I've gotten for the Kiddos recently.

Rick

• Like 4

battrastard
1 minute ago, Tierparkzone said:

With the perspective and the big windows in the background, this one looks as if she really was sitting in a 1/3 scale diner.

Thank you! I didn't even think of that when I was taking the shot! 

Poofiemus

Oh man I hadn't gotten to see the furniture since you ferried it back to your truck so quick. Great finds! Especially since the table has functioning leaves, that is so frigging cool.

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.