Baldylox

OccultBeast

DD KAITO

OccultBeast

He's coming to us!  Hoping they follow the same route as they did for MEIKO~

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

nami

Ahhh!!! Can't wait to see pics! And I hope it isn't a lottery or click war! 😣 Volks did the limited order period thing for the other vocaloid dolls so far, right?

Edited by nami

Noxxbunny

I have no words to describe how hype I am. I do wish I had kept in writing my psychic prediction of Kaito's release from back in 2017 or 2018 when I joined the hobby. I distinctly remember texting to a friend that my theory for a Kaito release would be 2020 or 2021 based on the rate they were releasing other characters 😂 I have been preparing for this moment for 4 years, I never gave up hope he'd make it!!

My custom Kaito will finally be getting his official brother lol 😭 I could go on forever about this, but I'll spare you all and not ramble for days about how happy I am!

• Like 4

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty
On 10/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, nami said:

Ahhh!!! Can't wait to see pics! And I hope it isn't a lottery or click war! 😣 Volks did the limited order period thing for the other vocaloid dolls so far, right?

I’m actually less confident Kaito will get the luxury of preorder cos it seemed like Meiko didn’t do particularly well. She ended up shipping half a year early because they didn’t sell the amount of units they anticipated which I have never seen happen before. On the plus side she still did better than poor Rena, who released as a PO at the same time… afaik her excess unsold stock is still sitting around on the international store. It wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t bother doing that again, especially for a risky release like a boy DD with no female character alongside him (which will be a first, Len had Rin, Kirito had Asuna, 9S had 2B).

Whatever happens, I hope he isn’t difficult to get. Unless Volks completely drop the ball on him he’s non-negotiable for me. He’s the entire reason I even got interested in big anime dolls to begin with, so I haven’t been this excited about a DD announcement since Rin. (Personal preference but I don’t really want them to try to make him look too mature, I’m admittedly not a huge fan of the new mature looking dream choice guys and I want him to blend in well with his friends. Cutesy Kaito for me.)

edit: Rereading old posts for no reason and never been happier to have to eat my hat.

Edited by Monty

MagicalRinchan

Finally!! I hope preview photos come out soon!

Monty
7 minutes ago, MagicalRinchan said:

Finally!! I hope preview photos come out soon!

I’m not expecting him until April personally, that’s how it was for Luka and Meiko (RinLen weren’t until August though), and I doubt we’ll se anything earlier than that, so… marchish at the earliest? I think that’s when that Volks News drops, anyway. (Unless they want to preview him for his birthday in February).

I do think it’d be cute if he came out alongside another Higurashi girl so he mirrors Meiko, especially if it was Rika, since she’s also blue.

Noxxbunny
14 minutes ago, Monty said:

(Personal preference but I don’t really want them to try to make him look too mature, I’m admittedly not a huge fan of the new mature looking dream choice guys and I want him to blend in well with his friends. Cutesy Kaito for me.)

I'd be happy if he had a similar look to Luka, I think. Something that matches more with her, somehow. I like her eye shape. Seconded for cutesy Kaito! If he looks super out of place with Rin and my Mikuo, I'd be a little sad. Plus, I can't take "mature" depictions of Kaito seriously...my headcanons for him won't let me. I feel like they've been acknowledging his cute appeal in games the past few years, so I hope they keep that up. (No offense to those who like maturer looking Kaito more, totally valid. All Kaito is good Kaito to me)

I already can't stop thinking about how good his outfit is gonna look too...even if I somehow hate his face, he's still worth it just for that for me.

• Like 3

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

BeyondTime

Congrats to everyone who was hoping for this. 

23 minutes ago, Monty said:

Whatever happens, I hope he isn’t difficult to get.

I don’t think any of them have been that hard to get, except maybe Sakura Miku.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Minalinsky

This is awesome!
I really hope he does well sales wise, maybe then Volks will consider making more limited male DDs
Although it would be nice just to have male DDs be more assessable in general.  

• Like 1

Oculae

Holy bejeezus, I thought Kaito getting a release was a total pipe dream. I might have been safe from DD Y'shtola, but Kaito is absolutely a need. I'm going to be so broke...

This man has been my crush since middle school, so I'm very excited to add him to my squad. 👀

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Mega Negi

Once Meiko was announced, I figured it was a given that they would finish the set. I hope it's a pre order and not a clickwar.

abs2891

Also hoping for a preorder.  Artwork has me thinking they might be going for a smaller eye look like the newer choice heads but we will see.

Senbonzakura outfit seems like it’ll be one of those “don’t let your doll’s hands touch it” outfits but I’m excited to see it. 

Lynn

I certainly wouldn't let Kaito's hands to get stained. Might be difficult to stain treat them. See that blue nail polish?

• Like 1

Innocentsake

Really looking forward to seeing his face sculpt 😍

Edited by Innocentsake

Miruna

I cannot express how happy I am in words . Is there a way to get two?

kalisha

I only hope its not click war, and not this or the next month, i need save money for him.

moerunamida

Interested in this because it's a boy and obtaining DD boys is difficult at best. Also curious to see what he looks like. Happy for every vocaloid fan though!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Nekome

Wow, it's so cool seeing Kaito get a Dollfie! I'm so happy for all the Kaito fans who've been dreaming of this moment

whisski

Anyone going to Magical Mirai? Just read on Volks Twitter that they’ll have a sample on display but they won’t be publicizing photos yet

BeyondTime
56 minutes ago, whisski said:

Anyone going to Magical Mirai? Just read on Volks Twitter that they’ll have a sample on display but they won’t be publicizing photos yet

If they already have a prototype I wonder if that means Kaito could be a December doll. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
On 10/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, whisski said:

That’s not Kaito. The samples they have on display but aren’t allowing photos of are new outfits for Rin and Miku.

I did see a photo of these but the tweet has now been deleted. They’re from the Project Sekai mobile game which is nice because I hope that it means they will continue to make more outfits from it, since Project Diva isn’t current enough for them to keep doing it. 

Edit: Looking closely at the image in the tweet, the photo that is cropped so you can’t see it, it seems to be the top of Miku’s head that matched the now deleted photo I saw elsewhere (This Miku comes with a grey/silver wig).

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1