Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

DD KAITO

Monty
14 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

The next Dolpa is on July 31 in Kyoto.

I meant the next one after that as the info for what the dolls being sold there is already out and known. There’s no more Volks news before July 31st, so Kaito being released at it would make no sense. The next Dolpa where we don’t know what the dolls are yet is December.

Edited by Monty

ragnamuffin
36 minutes ago, Monty said:

I meant the next one after that as the info for what the dolls being sold there is already out and known. There’s no more Volks news before July 31st, so Kaito being released at it would make no sense. The next Dolpa where we don’t know what the dolls are yet is December.

Gotcha. Hopefully they release some info about him sometime soon. Seems like they teased him ages ago and people have been waiting forever for the follow-up.

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Gotcha. Hopefully they release some info about him sometime soon. Seems like they teased him ages ago and people have been waiting forever for the follow-up.

So far everything is pretty typical for him in terms of timing. He's going to happen, and likely sometime this year. If he did turn out to be the pre-order, then delivery won't be until late next year, but I kind of doubt he's going to be the annual pre-order. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

So far everything is pretty typical for him in terms of timing. He's going to happen, and likely sometime this year. If he did turn out to be the pre-order, then delivery won't be until late next year, but I kind of doubt he's going to be the annual pre-order. 

Not really, IIRC they teased a prototype at Magical Mirai last year but didn’t allow pictures, and then we never heard a peep about him again. Every other doll seems to go up for preorder within a few months of being announced.

Edited by ragnamuffin

Kotone
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

Not really, IIRC they teased a prototype at Magical Mirai last year but didn’t allow pictures, and then we never heard a peep about him again. Every other doll seems to go up for preorder within a few months of being announced.

Just popping in to say there was no prototype. I am not sure where you heard that. 

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Typically the teaser art is a year or so prior to the prototype display, and then sale will be within a few months of the display. They don't always do a teaser image. As far as I can tell, everything is on schedule with KAITO. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
9 hours ago, Kotone said:

Just popping in to say there was no prototype. I am not sure where you heard that. 

Yes there was. Someone took a photo and posted it to Twitter as I recall, but even Volks said there would be a sample and that photos were prohibited… unless you’re saying their official Twitter account is wrong?

• Confused 1

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Yes there was. Someone took a photo and posted it to Twitter as I recall, but even Volks said there would be a sample and that photos were prohibited… unless you’re saying their official Twitter account is wrong?

Wasn’t this sample two new outfits on Miku & Rin?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

ebil
36 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Wasn’t this sample two new outfits on Miku & Rin?

Indeed, that is what this tweet was about. I can even see the top of Miku’s head in the picture, wearing her Daremo Inai Sekai outfit’s grey wig.

• Like 2

Monty

Indeed and at a later event they also remarked that the ban on photos was lifted when they officially unveiled them. The ban on the photos was specifically copyright related because of the involvement of another company they haven’t worked with before (Craft Egg) since the outfits are from Project Sekai. The only reason Kaito is mentioned in that tweet at all is because they are saying he wasn’t the only announcement for a new product at their booth, there is also ‘a certain sample/prototype’ on display. They didn’t say the prototype was Kaito - some people just assumed they meant that, but as you can see from what’s visible in the included photo in the tweet it’s literally Miku and Rin.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 3

Anna-neko

totally no reason to get hype... nope nope nope, not yet

• Like 4

Sundae

The postcard looks super cute, but one has to wonder: where does the QR code lead to?

I'm also wondering if the art on the postcard is a preview as to his box art? Since the previous Vocaloid DD's all had art on their doll boxes and the postcard seems to be in a similar style...

NatsukiP

33 minutes ago, Sundae said:

The postcard looks super cute, but one has to wonder: where does the QR code lead to?

I'm also wondering if the art on the postcard is a preview as to his box art? Since the previous Vocaloid DD's all had art on their doll boxes and the postcard seems to be in a similar style...

I tried the qr code and it’s just the Piapro x dd website😔

• Like 1

finnleo
44 minutes ago, Sundae said:

Since the previous Vocaloid DD's all had art on their doll boxes and the postcard seems to be in a similar style

Their using the same illustrators as the offical crypton artworks, with Kei and Ixima.

In Kaito's case it would be Ixima doing the box art most likely.

• Like 1

Monty
8 hours ago, Sundae said:

So far I think all of them have had different box art to the pic used on the announcement, which is where this is from (I don’t remember if Miku’s have differed). I kinda hope he does cos I gotta admit I’m not fond of this particular art - his hair looks so weird to me.

About the QR- while it’s true it only -currently- goes to the general page for PiaproxDD where there is no news, they aren’t being given out until next weekend at MagiMirai, so there is a chance there will be an update on the day that people can check for themselves. Otherwise it does seem a kinda lame consolation prize if there won’t be new info, but we can only wait and see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SweetTeethz
23 hours ago, Monty said:

So far I think all of them have had different box art to the pic used on the announcement, which is where this is from (I don’t remember if Miku’s have differed). I kinda hope he does cos I gotta admit I’m not fond of this particular art - his hair looks so weird to me.

About the QR- while it’s true it only -currently- goes to the general page for PiaproxDD where there is no news, they aren’t being given out until next weekend at MagiMirai, so there is a chance there will be an update on the day that people can check for themselves. Otherwise it does seem a kinda lame consolation prize if there won’t be new info, but we can only wait and see.

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t like that art they chose to announce him with! Should have used the earlier art but what can you do! I’m just excited with have something and hopefully photos semi soon I was expecting a December release at this point ahaha

CeliathePikachu

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 1

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Fluffybuns

They painted his nails! I just wanna see his face!

Chiakisenpai

Omg I’m getting so hyped!!

I told myself I wouldn’t buy Kaito just in case they ever did a Len rerelease but seeing that photo has really made me question what I want 😂

Luci_Glasya

Luka is my fav of the Vocaloid crew but... I am excited to see how Kaito is going to look! I saw so many people saying that this Dollfie version was definitely canceled so to see that preview pic makes me so happy for the people who have been waiting for him. 😊

• Like 1

DreamsicleDollAqua

oh my gosh I mega want already. I love the details on his clothes. 

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll