Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ateliervanilla

Emilia V2

ateliervanilla

I won in the Volks USA lottery late September this year, and my Emilia v2 just arrived today!

I still find it so surreal!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

She arrived with small spots on her feet, but it didn't bother me since she's going to be wearing her footwear anyway. Emilia is my first licensed DD, and I'm so happy to have her! I'm still thinking if I would have her wear other clothing, but for now I want to keep her default look!

• Like 5

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

HK47

congrats  on your win. She also came in the mail today  but  i didn't get and email about shiping.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, ateliervanilla said:

She arrived with small spots on her feet, but it didn't bother me since she's going to be wearing her footwear anyway.

If they’re stains you can treat them with Dream Rescue, but small stains are likely to fade on their own. If the vinyl is damaged in some way you could contact Volks USA. Feet are an easy replacement.

I would be really worried if the spots are mold, so you might want to check her over completely inside and out wherever you can. With all the cargo backlog it’s possible the boxes were at sea or on a loading dock longer than normal. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ateliervanilla
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

If they’re stains you can treat them with Dream Rescue, but small stains are likely to fade on their own. If the vinyl is damaged in some way you could contact Volks USA. Feet are an easy replacement.

I would be really worried if the spots are mold, so you might want to check her over completely inside and out wherever you can. With all the cargo backlog it’s possible the boxes were at sea or on a loading dock longer than normal. 

What do the mold spots look like? The spots are really small though, some sort of blue. I didn't see any damages to her vinyl in any way.

ateliervanilla
1 hour ago, HK47 said:

congrats  on your win. She also came in the mail today  but  i didn't get and email about shiping.

Congrats to you as well! That's odd though, I had an email this week that Emilia is shipped. I didn't think she'd arrive this month actually!

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, ateliervanilla said:

What do the mold spots look like? The spots are really small though, some sort of blue. I didn't see any damages to her vinyl in any way.

I’ve never seen mold on vinyl, but mold being a living thing will tend to spread, whereas tiny stains will tend to fade as time passes. I’d probably say keep an eye on them.

Dark blue spots do sound like stains, and that could come from a variety of things, but possibly some sort of contamination in the production facility. Even a bit of soot from the street could cause stains. I’d still suggest contact Volks USA on Monday and let them know she arrived with stained feet. They might send you new feet, or they might do nothing, but I don’t think it can hurt to ask about the issue as long as you are polite about it.

You could also try gently scrubbing with magic eraser to see if they come off. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Ui-

I still haven’t put mine together yet, as I have the v1 Emilia too, but I was lucky enough to make it through the clickwar. Sold out in 7 minutes, checkout confirmation in 5 minutes. I feel so lucky, so I understand how you feel.

she’s GORGEOUS though. The v2 face up looks SO much like her that it makes me less bothered about repainting a limited edition face up (my v1 Emilia sculpt) to be the Witch of Envy (making her custom to go with my Rem and Ram too; also working on turning Kirito into Subaru).

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
12 hours ago, Ui- said:

I still haven’t put mine together yet, as I have the v1 Emilia too, but I was lucky enough to make it through the clickwar. Sold out in 7 minutes, checkout confirmation in 5 minutes. I feel so lucky, so I understand how you feel.

she’s GORGEOUS though. The v2 face up looks SO much like her that it makes me less bothered about repainting a limited edition face up (my v1 Emilia sculpt) to be the Witch of Envy (making her custom to go with my Rem and Ram too; also working on turning Kirito into Subaru).

That's so wonderful, you have the crew going!! I'm thinking of my Smart Doll custom boy to be Subaru as well because his eye shape works. Do you mind sharing where you're getting Subaru's wig?

ohnoaiwa

she's so cuuuute!!!! i love how she looks sm 🥺💕

• Like 1

Ui-
On 10/25/2021 at 10:44 AM, ateliervanilla said:

That's so wonderful, you have the crew going!! I'm thinking of my Smart Doll custom boy to be Subaru as well because his eye shape works. Do you mind sharing where you're getting Subaru's wig?

I have to check through my PMs, but I’ll PM you. I bet you the person would be more likely to do a custom if doing the same one twice. I haven’t gotten so far as to inquire about Subaru’s wig since I’m still working on the Witch of Envy and Beako. The end of this year has shot a hole through my wallet due to all of these releases, while tying up thousands in savings (not a bad thing from interest-gaining perspective lol) in preparation for Anna and Elsa’s dolls. I’ll finish the face up for the Witch if Envy, and then I’ll buy the sculpt for Beako. I got the DWC-01 SWS sculpt and am gonna try that. Re-Zero is one of my favorite stories. :) I even plan on doing Petelgeuse with his Unseen Hand (obviously visible lol. We all have witch factor xD) But It’ll just be a resin sculpt so I can really make those eyes creepy… depends. I may try a vinyl one.

Otherwise, I’ll buy a wig that looks similar and cut and style it myself for Subaru like I plan on doing for Petelgeuse. 

• Like 1