The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

hikikohooni

What style do your Dollfie Dreams tend to gravitate towards?

hikikohooni

Kinda what the title says!

I’m also asking overall as a group, like for example a lot of face ups on your dolls tend to be Ranma styled or they all wear a certain type of wig, etc.

Edited by MewMewMadness
Grammar and sleep deprived rambling fixes

baldylox

I'd say for my crew the overall vibe is causal.  They all enjoy feeling relaxed and comfy so causal is how they prefer to be.  Not to say they don't enjoy dressing up fancy or sexy, there's time for that too!  

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

hikikohooni
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

I'd say for my crew the overall vibe is causal.  They all enjoy feeling relaxed and comfy so causal is how they prefer to be.  Not to say they don't enjoy dressing up fancy or sexy, there's time for that too!  

Billy

I absolutely LOVE seeing how you make them feel so real with the casual vibes. They look so friendly and cute!

• Like 1

Noxxbunny

My boyfriend refers to my group as "colorful clown orphans" and I can't say he's WRONG there lol. I lean heavily towards pastel colors. Whites, pinks, light blues, yellows, etc. I tend to pick overall looks in my group by color scheme. Though I have a couple exceptions sometimes. One character will wear dark colors, but he only wears animal themed clothing. Another is a character doll, so I keep him in black/white/gray typically.

I have mostly casual clothes, but I have a couple nicer pastel dresses. But I'm definitely more into casual wear than fantasy.

Faceup wise, I would say most of my dolls look similar, I gravitate towards a style for sure, but I honestly don't know what to call it. I see it if I look at them all at once though lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

BeyondTime

Each of my girls tends to have her own sense of style. Overall the trend is casual clothing or formalwear as opposed to fantasy type costumes. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

HazelMaze

I always seem to end up having my girls in...summer wear? Or at least that is what the poor dears have been in lately lol

Everyone has there own style, but it all develops over time. Towa was /supposed/ to become my "Goth queen" but she ended up more of a parental figure and dresses well but a bit conventional.Gets formal wear often.My Azone Noix was supposed to be more parental- but heck if she doesn't wear the most feminine things in my collection!

I could ramble for an age but here is a list of the rest:

Bev(From DDS to DD) Sporty and casual very neutral in nature.Is my common "Cosplayer" normally will be the one in the most fantastical outfits

Reese(DDS)- Alt styles, tends towards a pastel punk look

Sabrina(DDP): 90's tween! She is my sailor moon after all haha

Ru(MDD) Cozy and casual- moving into "Dark Academia"

Shigure & Marisa (MDD Mochi): Straight out Dark Academia, or stock outfits!

Aaaaand then I have a floating head who hasn't quite been given her due so is undecided! Probably cottage core :)

Gallye

My general DD theme is, honestly, 'anime'. I have a fair number of resin BJDs, mostly male, mostly realistically dressed and styled. The purchase of a vinyl DD girl was so far outside my usual wheelhouse that I decided to lean into it and do everything that I hadn't done with my resin guys - candy-colored hair, enormous bright eyes, colorful fashionable clothes, etc. etc.

Now I have three DDs and none of them would look too out of place in Japanese anime or videogames. I'm happy to have something so different to toy with!

Tira

Three of my four dolls (Futaba, Rin, and Saber) are character dolls, so their style is influenced their canon costumes, but also my own interpretation of them. And also what's available in their size. Futaba mostly goes for cozy stuff with a geeky vibe, though I tend to put her in more pastel colors than she normally wears. I'd like to make some of her in-game clothes as well. Saber tends to dress more masculine and formal; think Fate/Zero rather than Fate/Stay Night. 

Rin is probably the one with the most distinct style in my head, in the sense that when I'm browsing doll clothes, I can imagine her telling me which she wants. She likes things that are classy and elegant but still cute, and preferably in red or black. I've been somewhat influenced by the alternate outfits she has in official art or Emiya Gohan.

My fourth doll, Alice, is kind of the odd one out. She's an Alice Kuonji, a sculpt I've always loved, and I purchased her more because of that than because of a specific character I had in mind. The original character was from a VN that's not translated to English, and she didn't come with her default eyes and wig anyways. My Alice is beautiful, and there's something very compelling about her... But I'm still not quite sure who she is. I do want her to be a character from the Fate universe, but I don't feel confident in my current ideas.

Clothing-wise, I tend to put her in professional business wear, because that looks great on her, but she looks good in cuter stuff as well. I don't have enough of a handle on her personality to really know what she'd choose to wear, but maybe she's not sure either. The tentative backstory I have for her is that she was trained as a Church executor from a very early age, and has only recently begun interacting with people outside that world. I'd also like to put together a nun habit for her - in the style of what Ciel and Caren wear for combat. Rin will probably be scandalized by it.

Edited by Tira

Poofiemus

I'm another where each doll kinda has their own vibe.

Agatha (DDDy) is formal, steampunk, and Victorian. Too modern or revealing and she starts complaining.

Fate and Nanoha (DD) are both kind of dressy casual, often with some vintage vibes. These girls rock vintage, and I just can't explain it lol.

Asphodel (Mochi Ashi) is full on fantasy. Flowing gowns, sparkly beads, all that goodness. She favors pastel blues and purples above all other colors.

Abby (MDD) is like. . .girly girl? The poofier the dresses, the better. If you get her casual there better be pink and/or ribbons involved. 

Homura (Azone HAF) is the edgy one. She does dark colors, layered textures. . .kind of almost a. . .stealth. . .goth?

Yuuri (DDB) is the most casual. . .but specifically comfy casual, with earth tones. I was not expecting my first boy doll to be a hipster, but here we are.

Viktor (Smart Doll boy) can sometimes SEEM casual. . .but even his casual is high end. Boy also loves a good suit or tux. He likes to be RIGHT on that fine line between "classy" and "no chill".

Miku (DD) is the hardest to define. I just kind of know Miku stuff when I see it? She doesn't care about color or formal vs casual, or any specific style. She does like showing off her legs and shoulders though, so I guess there's that? She definitely also likes to be at least a bit extra.

EDIT: OMG I FORGOT KATYA. She's the new girl (DDS Marisa). Her whole thing is like an intersection of dark academia and witch core.

Edited by Poofiemus
  • Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Katherine

Mines would be "feminine" so lots of girly princess style dresses and bows, that sort of stuff

CocosContestHall

Haruka is mostly Sweet Lolita fashion, but for her more casual looks she tends to wear clothes from brands meant for little girls, like Mezzo Piano, Angel Blue, Earthmagic and Shimamura x Econeco. 

Uzuki has a more "modern" casual fashion sense, which means she wears clothes from all the best "ryousangata/mass-production" brands like Dear my Love, Ank Rouge, recent Liz Lisa and Travas Tokyo. 

ZandurFox

If I had a DD back then when I was a bit younger then they would be more schoolgirl oriented and the female samurai aesthetic as well.

But, I also enjoy Gothic Lolita on any DDs and making them as vampires is a huge plus!

takatsuki

My DD crew (three DDP and one MDD) are all currently dressed in Japanese traditional outfits from Volks. I’ve always admired the Volks outfits and this past October was able to get a Miko shrine maiden outfit for my MDD Ellie, which then gave me the idea to dress the other two DDP girls (Vanille and Nami) in pretty kimonos too. Now the latest (who is a boy) also gets a nice Hakama set. I think they will look great displayed together once I stop procrastinating and get them dressed. Humm, I should get some stands and props to do it up nice. Working with the vinyl dolls has been very rewarding as compared to my resin bjds, and getting nice quality outfits that actually fit has been a pleasure. I’m so happy with my dolls!

wrathion

I used to love more sweet lolita or fairystale/fantasy clothing -- but recently I love the more fashionable modern styles! I love alt styles and streetwear, so I love getting those kind of clothes for my dolls! My resin girls and my vinyl girls both dress in that kind of clothing, haha.

Tenukihandcrafts

Mallory (my lone DD...for now) is currently wearing sporty/casual. My resin crew leans toward Mori and Cyberpunk, so she's the weirdo, sartorially speaking.

TolfyTheWolfy

For me, it depends on the doll. One of mine gravitates towards vintage styles while the other one is more glamorous.