The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

chef_mai

Clothing Comparisons for Obitsu / Azone / AP (+ MDD)

chef_mai

Volks Chiffon Suspenders Set ($60)

This set is designed for small DD girls, but I've eyed it for a long time for Mai since I felt she'd look good in suspenders. Today, she's pairing this outfit with some white Volks MDD sandals for a summery look.

The set includes a top, shorts, suspenders, hair clip and necklace.

spacer.png

The top fits Mai well and has become one of her favorites. I've been using it as a coordination piece with other outfits.

spacer.png

The top itself is sheer at the top while remaining opaque around the bust and waist.

spacer.png

The shorts and suspenders are made from a thick, woven material. The suspenders connect to the shorts via buttons on the front & back.

There's no adjustment mechanism, which means that on DDS and Obitsus, the suspenders will run loose.

spacer.png

The shorts are sized loosely, almost looking like a skirt. They fit Mai's type-H torso... if they're pulled completely up. 

spacer.png

Now, for the suspenders... On Obitsu, the suspenders run loose by about 1.5cm if you attempt to pull the shorts up fully. If you let them ride lower, they'll tighten up a little.

It's also possible to pose your girl to tighten the suspenders by having her tug on them, as shown here.

spacer.png

A workaround? Clip the suspenders around the back to tighten them up.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
I no longer own this outfit, so I can't update this post.
  • Like 2

chef_mai

AZO2 Summer Sailor Uniform ($35)

I recently picked up the AZO2 Summer Sailor Uniform and wanted to compare it to the 50cm version I already have. Both colors of both the AZO2 and 50cm versions are currently in stock at Hobby Search.

AZO2 (Navy) - AZO2 (White) - 50cm (Navy) - 50cm (Gray)

The 50cm includes both a scarf and bow; the AZO2 version includes just a scarf. 

Besides this, the AZO2 version differs in a few ways.

• The fabric is noticeably thinner/cheaper.
  • It doesn't have a pocket.
  • The loop that holds the scarf together is sewn into the blouse on the AZO2 version.

In addition, the blouse runs wider and baggier. The skirt is a touch shorter and wider too.

spacer.png
(AZO2 on the left, 50cm on the right)

Hardware

The blouse uses metal snaps on the back + velcro for the collar. There's an additional snap around the breastplate.

The skirt uses a zipper + thread hook.

On AZO2 / Angel Philia H

On Mai's AP-H body, the blouse fits comfortably relaxed. I don't mind this looser fit.

I've paired it with a plaid skirt here.

spacer.png

The uniform coordinates well with Azone's baggy school cardigan. 

The outfit's skirt fits similarly to most of Azone's other mini skirts -- comes down about 1/3 of the way down the leg and fits well around the waist.

spacer.png

Conclusion

While there's cost cutting on Azone's part, this uniform's your best bet if you care most about your girl looking the part and having it fit well.

Does Volks have any alternatives?

The MDD one's too small except on the Obitsu S bust and the slim 48cm legs. The DD-sized uniform is oversized.

spacer.png
(AZO2 on the left, Rena's MDD uniform on the right)

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 2

chef_mai

TTYA Raglan shirt ($16)

TTYA makes good quality casual clothes including this 3/4 sleeved raglan (aka baseball) shirt. I opted for the MDD one since the SD13 one had graphic logos that I wasn't a fan of.

spacer.png

The material's thick and sturdy.

The shirt snaps from the back using beefy metal snaps that I found stiff. For Mai, I left the bottom set open to avoid bunching up at the bottom.

spacer.png

On 48cm

The sleeves run tight since they're cut slim, and on Mai's arms, they come down to the elbows. The shirt otherwise fits well on an Angel Philia H body.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 45cm

Fits perfectly.

[TODO: photo]

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

TTYA Denim Shorts ($37) - ONLY FITS MDD/AZONE 45

TTYA is a popular choice for denim wear. I bought these shorts for Mochi.

spacer.png

Materials & Hardware

The shorts are made from human-grade denim. The wash and stitching are more subdued than the site makes it out to be in a good way (I found the site's to be garish).

There's even wrinkling/folds to mimic a nicer pair of jeans. All in all, the detailing and materials are top-notch.

spacer.png

How does it fit? (A45 = barely, O48/50 = not really)

Compared to Nine9 bottoms, the TTYA's detailing and styling are nicer, but the fit's tighter, and the material's a little thinner.

On an Azone 45, it's a tight fit, and I could only slip it on her commando. (Update: Over time, it loosens up, and I'm able to flip it on with thin underwear underneath)

With a LOT of patience, it will slip into an Obitsu 48/50, but I'd struggle to say that it fits.

Once you get it up, it looks fantastic. It's exactly the right length and the way it fits, it fits like a glove.

This comes at a cost to flexibility. I find that my girls don't sit down properly and lean back when wearing these shorts.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The Azone AZO2 pair I have for Mai in comparison isn't as nice in material quality and detailing, but it gets one important detail right -- it's made of an elastic material that helps get it on.

If you're looking for a pair of shorts for your Azone 45, this is worth considering if you're OK with struggling a little to get it on.

spacer.png

Update: This pair of shorts stains, so heads up about that!

Update 2: After putting it through several rinses, it no longer stains.

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

chef_mai

Volks White Rose Elementary School Uniform ($60)

Although this exact uniform is out of production, Volks releases similar uniforms (either one-piece or jumper like this) in the White Rose line on a regular basis.

The set comes with a jumper, long-sleeved shirt, ribbon and a short cardigan (not shown).

Hardware

The shirt uses metal snaps to close up, while the jumper uses a long zipper on the back. The only disappointment is the ribbon, which is just a piece of lace rather than an actual accessory with hooks.

The material quality is high with the fabric of the jumper being a nice mix of soft and luxurious.

On 45cm

It's not a perfect fit, but it looks great.

Because it's designed for MDD (shorter torso), the waist sits a little higher than it should on the Azone, so there's a little unevenness in that area.

The skirt comes down to just above the knee.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 48cm

The jumper runs shorter, and you'll need to provide an alternate shirt to wear inside like I did here, but it otherwise looks great.

Fit? It's snug on medium busts and fits better on small ones. 

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 4

chef_mai

Azone 45cm Camisole Set ($20)

I've been wanting to get Mochi a coordinated set of underwear. When Azone dropped some new styles, I took the plunge on this one which also comes in a blue color as well as black dots.

Materials & Hardware

The set comes with both a camisole top and panties. The material quality is just average - it's thin cotton.

The top uses velcro to close up, rather than snaps.

On 45cm

The set is designed for Azone's 45cm girls and fits in a way that's both flattering and cute.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 48cm

The set will fit pretty similarly on Obitsu 48/50 small busts and fits on a medium. It fits on a large, but it starts to look weird since this was designed for the Azone 45.

On AZO2/Angel Philia H

Won't fit. 

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 3

chef_mai

Volks Athletic Festival Set ($50)

Mai's been wanting a set of gym clothes to along with her gym shorts, so I sprang for this set that's sized for DD/DDS. I got the smaller one designed for SS/S/M busts.

What's Included

The set includes a sky-blue tracksuit, red gym tee and a blue set of bloomers.

spacer.png

Hardware

The tracksuit zips up while the tee uses a set of metal snaps on the back. The pockets on the tracksuit are decorative.

On 48cm

(Mai is on an Angel Philia H body in this review)

The tee runs skin tight around the chest but also around the other areas (sleeves, waist). This is surprising since it's designed for a larger body.

spacer.png
(Mai is on an Angel Philia-H body)

It's not clear from the photo, but the bloomers are loose. 

The tracksuit, to my relief, fits about right and isn't too long in the sleeves. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Mai put on her gym shorts on top and some sneakers to complete the look.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Overall, I'd recommend this set for Obitsu/Azone/AP dolls. The high material quality, nice fit and tracksuit that isn't too long in the sleeves makes this a compelling choice over the MDD version which would be too small.

On AZO2-G/I and larger

Go for the same outfit sized for DD-M/L. The main difference besides the sizing is the tracksuit being red instead of blue.

On 45cm

---

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 2

chef_mai

Volks Sporty Casual Set (Mini) ($60)

I got this set for Mochi since the cute pastel colors felt like a nice fit for her.

What's Included

The set includes a long sleeved top, nylon zip-up vest, frilled skirt, leggings and socks.

Hardware

The shirt and skirt use metal snaps, while the nylon vest is zip-up. The leggings are elastic and have no snaps. 

On 45cm

The overall outfit fits and looks great, but I'd characterize the fit as "barely fits".

The leggings are difficult to slip up because the A45's legs are thicker. 

The shirt's too short, but it doesn't show once the vest is worn. Surprisingly, even the socks run smaller than all other Volks MDD socks I own.

spacer.png

The top and leggings alone could make a simple outfit, but it's cropped on the Azone 45 due to its longer torso vs. MDD/DDP, paired with the low rise nature of the leggings.

spacer.png

On 48cm (Small)

Only a small bust fits this outfit.

The leggings don't fit (substitute with tights or striped socks), but the rest otherwise fits similarly.

spacer.png

I don't think the full outfit suits Mai, but the skirt alone coordinates well.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 2

chef_mai

Volks Olive Suspenders Set (Mini) ($50)

Mai's been eyeing this set for quite some time since she likes outfits with suspenders. I found it by chance in unused form on Dollyteria.

Hardware

The set includes the suspenders dress, a long-sleeved sailor blouse, headband and a necktie.

The material of the suspenders dress is the same twill-like blend used in the Volks uniform skirts.

• The dress uses a side snap to secure the skirt.
  • Buckles let you adjust the length of the suspenders.
  • The blouse uses metal snaps around the back.
  • The tie uses a hook.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 48cm

I couldn't put the blouse on Mai (sleeves too short), so I subbed in a green tee for a cute casual look.

The whole outfit fits perfectly and feels right at home on Mai. 

spacer.pngspacer.png
(Mai is AP-H2 upper torso, AP-C lower torso, OB48 legs in this pic)

On 45cm

Fits as Volks intended. I personally think the outfit works better on tall girls than it does on shorter ones.

spacer.png

On AZO2 / Angel Philia H

If you dress via the head, the outfits slips on. It's theoretically possible to dress from the bottom, but I didn't have to or want to risk it.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Volks makes a DD version of this outfit that'd work, especially with the adjustable straps, but it might look oversized.

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1

chef_mai

Azone 45cm Swimsuit ($30)

There aren't a whole lot of first party options for swimsuits that fit Obitsu 48/50 type dolls. Volks makes one set for MDD while Azone makes for their 45cm line that just barely fits on O48/50. It's available in 4 colors and bounces in and out of stock.

There are more options out there if you are open to more mature styling, including the Volks set for SS girls, but I felt that the cute frills-style typically found on younger anime characters suited Mai better than a traditional one. 

What's Included

The set includes pink underwear and the two-piece swimsuit itself.

Both parts of the swimsuit hook up using plastic snaps, with the top part also featuring a decorative tie that uses a hook.

The material is typical for Azone. It's not the best, but the design is a bit more appealing than the Volks option (imo).

On 48cm (Small)

The swimsuit only fits on Obitsu S and Angel Philia H2 with the latter just barely fitting. 

When I try to fit it on the next size up (AZO2-C / AP-H), the snaps don't shut.

spacer.pngspacer.png
(Mai is AP-H2 upper torso, AP-C lower torso, OB48 legs in this pic)

The bottom doesn't fit on curvy torsos (AZO2 / AP-H).

On an Angel Philia type-C torso (which has marginally wider hips), it sits a little bit higher than ideal, which can be seen in that rear shot.

It fits best on the Azone 45 and regular Obitsu 48/50 lower torso.

The swimsuit pairs up nicely with shorts and an oversized cardigan.

spacer.png

On 45cm

Fits perfectly. This is Azone's original image for reference.

spacer.png

Final Thoughts

Although it's a pretty simple design and is limited to smaller girls, this swimsuit is quite nice, and I'm glad I got it for Mai and Mochi. The main problem is the limited availability. If you find it, it'll most likely be in the red/black color rather than the more understated pink or blue colors.

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

Volks Milky White Knit Set (¥4,800)

This is an older set that I bought secondhand in unopened state. The set comes with an inner dress, knit sweater and two hair ribbons.

The inner dress works well as a standalone outfit. The knit sweater is extremely sheer, so it works best with something white or beige underneath. Both pieces uses metal snaps on the back.

On 48cm (Small)

The inner dress only snaps fully on Obitsu Small and AP H2.

On any larger bust, the middle button isn't able to snap. However, the knit sweater's more flexible and is able to snap, so in practice, this gets covered up.

As expected, the sleeves are too short, but it still works for me.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 45cm

Fits as intended. Mochi's just wearing the inner dress. It has a summery feel when paired with sandals.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1

chef_mai

Volks Blue Label High School Girl Set (2022) (¥6000)

This set is a rehash of similar sets from the past. I got the mini version for Mochi, but I'll show how it fits on Mai. The SD/DD version, since it's sized for SD as well, would be too big.

Materials & Hardware

The mini version comes with a short-sleeved blouse, cream cardigan, pink ribbon and pink plaid skirt.

The skirt uses a metal hook. Both the cardigan and blouse have real buttons. Buttons are painful to work with.

spacer.png

On 48cm

The blouse doesn't fit. It's too short in the sleeves and overall length since MDD/MSD have a shorter torso. It wouldn't close up on Mai either.

Thankfully, there are many options here to substitute with. I used the Azone shirt (AZO2 version).

The ribbon has a smaller circumference than the prior version (with the navy vest). I don't understand why. It sorta fits but is difficult to slip on.

The cardigan's sleeves are too short, but I expected this. It's slightly oversized for MDD, so on 48-50cm, if it weren't for the sleeves, this cardigan fits quite nicely. I end up tying the cardigan around her waist.

The skirt is short but otherwise fits well.

spacer.png

I'd hesitate to recommend this set for this size, unless you intend to swap out the parts that don't fit and use it to coordinate other outfits.

For example, I used the skirt to coordinate it with the lace sweaters set.

spacer.png

On AZO2/Angel Philia-H

Nothing fits on this size. 

On 45cm

Fits as expected. The blouse is a bit snug and difficult to get around the shoulders but otherwise fits well.

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

Volks Sailor Suit for DD (SS/S) (¥5500)

Normally, I recommend sticking to MDD and Azone clothing. Those sizes fit Obitsu-based bodies better.

However, the DD catalog has cute styles that I don't in MDD sizing. Do some fit? I carefully picked out what I thought would fit OK.

^^^^

2024 Update - This experiment was largely a failure. I've since sold off or am selling off all the DD clothing I acquired.

spacer.png

What's Included

Like the MDD version, this set comes with a sailor blouse, scarf, pleated skirt and panties.

The blouse and skirt are made of the same satin-like material as the MDD version. The blouse buttons up from the front while the skirt uses 2 buttons vs. a button + hook in the MDD version.

How does it fit?

It depends. The larger your girl's bust is, the better it will fit.

• The sleeve length isn't an issue at all perhaps because the sleeves are short for DD clothing
  • The blouse isn't too long because sailor suits tend to run short in length
  • The blouse is loose but not all that much bigger than the AZO2 one except in one key area
  • The neck area feels too loose & open. This is the dealbreaker for me.

spacer.pngspacer.png
(Mai is wearing the blouse with the MDD version skirt and a 3rd party ribbon vs. the scarf.)

The included skirt flares out wider and is longer, but the waist size is about the same. This is consistent with the other skirt I got in this shipment - longer, wider but same waist size.

spacer.png

On Mai (who's on a slim torso + O48 legs for this review), the skirt's too big. The length is fine, but it looks oversized.

spacer.png
(In this pic, Mai is wearing the DD version skirt. It's too wide.)

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1

chef_mai

(Reserved Post)

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

Natsuki's Summer School Uniform (¥12,600)

I'm checking out Natsuki's summer school outfit from the After School Akiba Girls collection. This includes a polo, ribbon, red skirt, bag, socks and tennis shoes. It's rated for DD S/M/L.

On 48cm (O48 legs)

The skirt runs short and snug for a DD-sized one. It's about the same size as Mai's MDD and Azone skirts. The polo fits nicely, not too loose or long, and I like how it both snaps from the back and provides snaps for the buttons in front.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this outfit fit and think it suits Mai well.

spacer.png

On 48cm (Angel Philia H)

The skirt runs extra short but otherwise feels right at home on this body.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

Volks Sailor Swimsuit for DD (¥7,500)

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/162490

Since Mai dresses up so much in school uniforms, it felt fitting to get her a sailor swimsuit to match. 

It comes with two tops for both smaller and larger girls. 

Unsurprisingly, it works best on an Angel Philia body. I paired it with a cardigan to reinforce the school theme.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1

chef_mai

Volks Weekend in an Amusement Park (¥8,190)

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/163222

This is an old one that I spotted on Dollyteria in partial form. It included the inner top and skirt but left out the rest. I did my best to pick out the remainder.

The top fits OK. The bottom doesn't look quite right.

48cm thighs are too short. The skirt itself is plenty short, but it's her legs that aren't long enough to work well with these wide, flared skirts. It looks a fair bit better on 50cm legs.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 3

chef_mai

Volks Denim Bikini Set (¥5,500)

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/453079

I got this set for the cropped flannel top. The skirt and swimsuit don't fit, nor did I expect them to. 

The top runs loose since it's designed for DDDy, but it's designed to be tied up. There are a bunch of ways it can be worn if you've got the right parts. Mai went the casual route today with shorts, sneakers and an inner tee.

The shorts and belt are from the Anastasia casual clothes set. They fit a touch tighter than the Azone shorts but are still a comfortable fit and look great.

It's not easy finding (other) shorts that fit Angel Philia since the TTYA ones have been documented to be a tight fit by Tierparkzone, and I've had staining issues with their MDD ones.

Volks doesn't do DD-sized shorts too much, but there's that white pair in the current swimsuit sets [1] [2] that may fit similarly.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 3

chef_mai

Angel Philia Type-C Body (Torso, Legs)

(Disclaimer: Outbound links are NSFW)

After bouncing around a lot, Mai's settled in to her final form, an AP type-C body.

The type-C lower torso has similar proportions to a vanilla Obitsu 48/50 and DDP, so compared to the type H torso, it's slimmer in the hips. But unlike those, this is soft skin and has nicer sculpting that's typical for Angel Philia.

The type-C legs are thicker than O48/50 legs but they're significantly smaller than type-H legs and smaller than AZO2 ones. In practice, despite looking larger, the legs fit into anything that a vanilla O48/50 can.

And as is the case with O48/50, I haven't found any shorts that will fit these legs.

Overall, I really like this combination. It's got some of the appeal of the larger type-H body while still fitting into MDD/DDP clothing.

(From left -> right, type-C, type-H, Obitsu 48)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And from behind. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

(2024 Update - Mai's still in this same body. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a slim physique with modest curviness.)

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

chef_mai

Angel Philia Type-C5 Bust 

The C5 bust is the largest one that Angel Philia offers that generally fits into any clothes that an O50/DDP would also fit into. 

It sizes close to an Obitsu Large as a starting point for guessing what may or may not fit.

One thing to keep in mind is that this bust, like most AP busts, is shaped and styled differently from typical doll busts in that it simulates the doll *not* wearing a bra.

This ends up affecting how clothes fit, starting with... a bra. None really fit that well, and I get the impression from AP's promo images that they don't dress their models up in them either. 

spacer.png
(The torso and legs are type-C)

Tees

A tee hugs the body tightly, making the body's silhouette apparent. This bust would shine in the tight, cropped clothing that AP sells.

spacer.png

Dresses / One Pieces

In dresses or thicker pieces, I don't see any difference.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Uniforms

The uniform's filled out a little more, but it's pretty subtle in pictures.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Same deal here. This is an MDD-sized shirt.

spacer.png

Drawbacks

Some clothes look or fit weird since they weren't tailored for this bust. In particular, a blazer uniform looked especially strange. Be prepared to experiment or bust swap if something doesn't fit to your liking.

That brings me to one common complaint. The pointy bits on this bust are apparent, more so than on the smaller ones because there's now enough size that they'll be digging into outfits. This is by design, but if you don't want that happening, I'd advise looking elsewhere.

2023 Update

In the end, I moved Mai back down to the H bust. The drawbacks (strange fit on outfits) outweighed the aesthetic benefits of the bust.

Edited by chef_mai
I no longer own this piece, so I can't update this in the future.
  • Like 3

chef_mai

Volks Khaki Jacket (2022 Version) (¥4,000)

This jacket is a classic take on an olive green jacket. I knew it would be big on Mai, but I decided to take a chance on it since I wanted something a bit longer and dressier than the parka I got a while back.

Materials & Hardware

The jacket is uses a denim-like green fabric both inside and out and heavy-duty human grade zippers + clasps. The hood isn't lined with fur, but the interior is lined with a soft, fluffy fabric.

It's honestly better made than actual jackets I own.

How does it fit?

Worn as-is, the jacket is long (not a problem) but oversized. The sleeves are too long. If Mai were to dress it this way, I'd be fairly disappointed.

spacer.pngspacer.png

But this isn't what I had in mind. I rolled up the sleeves, a cue I took from a Volks promo image for a diff jacket, kept it unzipped and pulled the sleeves off the shoulders, then paired with an off-shoulder top, shorts and boots. It looks much better now!

I know I said earlier that shorts don't really fit on the AP-C torso, but belted up tightly and partly covered by the top, it's passable for a full outfit.

spacer.png

And here's Mai in a cold weather outfit for the winter. 

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 5

chef_mai

Visuadoll Overalls (¥3800)

One of of my favorite outfits from Gochiusa is Maya's overalls.

1200880671_ScreenShot2022-12-20at1_53_11AM.png.f164ab05e74230e15d7a2aeb04477cef.png

I've bought overalls from Nine9 and TTYA, but they didn't look right on Mai. It was close to impossible to find one that was similar to this style, but by chance, one popped up on Mandarake.

To be precise, this is a salopette. The way it's cut and styled is cuter than normal overalls. 

It's sized for Obitsu 55. Compared to the other overalls I have, this one has a thinner, but soft and more elastic feel. While it's a less premium feel, it's easier to dress up in.

On Angel Philia C 

The top is roomy enough to fit any bust, while the bottom even fits nicely into Mai's AP-C thighs with some room to spare (if unaltered).

Worn as-is, it runs loose. This can be good if you want the room to slip something thicker underneath, like a sweater or hoodie. I stuck to the script and dressed Mai up in just a tee + sneakers.

With some clips (like I did to the Volks suspenders), I tightened up the fit.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

While it's ideal to buy clothes that fit well to start with, sometimes you have to compromise to work around problems.

If you like this piece, it's available for purchase here from another store.

On Angel Philia H 

The shorts barely slip onto type-H thighs, but the wider hips fill out the overalls even without clipping. Looks fantastic.

spacer.png

On Obitsu 48/50 legs

The oversized look looks cute, but no amount of clips will get around the thighs being too small.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 3

chef_mai

Pink Down Coat Set (¥6800)

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/185942

I wanted something fluffy and different from a duffle coat or the khaki jacket. I also own a MDD-sized coat, but the sleeves on that are too short, and the styling isn't as cute.

The set comes with an inner top, a plaid skirt and the coat itself.

How does it fit?

I was concerned that the coat's sleeves would be too long, and they are by a hair. They cover up most of the hands, but with some careful dressing (e.g. pulling the sleeves fully up over the shoulders), it works.

The coat runs tight all around. Volks includes a thin sleeveless top, and that's about all you can fit inside.

The included skirt sorta fits on Angel Philia H / AZO2 but as is the case with a lot of DD bottoms, it feels "big" because the shorter 48cm Obitsu/AP legs aren't long enough to have the right feel. 50cm legs would look better.

On type C legs and regular Obitsu legs, you're better off pairing with a skirt of your choice.

spacer.png
(On Angel-Philia H. Mai didn't want to swap outfits for this today...)

This is my final review of a DD outfit since this experiment has largely been a failure. I'm now selling everything off.

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 2

chef_mai

Polkadot Lingerie Set (¥4000)

It's been a long while! I'm still in the hobby and have Mai sitting at my desk every day.

While I've been acquiring less doll stuff, I picked up some dealer outfits through a friend.

What's a dealer?

Dealers make small batches of clothes by themselves. They spread the word mainly through Twitter and drop batches of outfits in a clickwar, often. in the late evenings Japan time. A few times a year, they'll attend an in-person show and prepare a larger run for these events. Any unsold inventory gets put up for sale shortly after.

Some dealers spare no expense in procuring the best materials and don't compromise on the product. Their outfits command a pretty penny and are highly sought after.

Others don't go to such extremes but follow a similar work ethic in targeting a niche. That's what Polkadot did when she focused on doll underwear and lingerie.

Review

The material doesn't seem special at first glance, but the standout is the design. Not only does it look good, but it's also designed exceptionally well.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Instead of using hooks, the bra takes a page from real ones by using a clasp. This ensures a secure fit, doesn't add bulk like a hook would and lets the bra be sized smaller + thinner using elastic materials, letting it form fit the doll.

Overall, it fits the best of any set I've bought for Mai to date.

spacer.png

How do I get it?

Follow their Twitter and keep tabs on their drops. Use a proxy or a friend to obtain it for you. The stuff sells out quickly, but it's not impossible.

• Like 2