The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

chef_mai

Clothing Comparisons for Obitsu / Azone / AP (+ MDD)

chef_mai

Little Wonder School Cardigan ($24) + Ribbon ($8) + Skirt ($19)

Little Wonder makes all sorts of a la carte pieces for Obitsu bodies.

For today's review Mai is pairing their navy blue cardigan with a red ribbon and a dark checkered skirt, similar to what a high school girl would wear.

1754291146_ScreenShot2022-03-30at3_35_11PM.png.6445461b48576ece7908da68adb63bb1.png

This cardigan is made from a similar material to a vest. It's decorated with faux buttons and square pockets. Unlike the Azone piece, it uses metal snaps vs. hooks which I can release all too easily on a loose piece.

spacer.png

On 48cm

On small/medium busts, the cardigan fits just right. It's snug with more layers underneath, but the cardigan is stretchy.

I was originally worried that the cardigan might not fit great because of the site's poor photo, but I'm glad I took a chance. This fits pretty closely to Angel Philia's own cardigan at a small fraction of the cost.

Also pictured is the large red ribbon ($8) from Little Wonder; it's a little oversized, but it ties the entire uniform together.

Mai is wearing this skirt ($19) made for DD. I eventually sold it and replaced it with a Obitsu 50 variant from the same store that fits better.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On AZO2-G

The cardigan is advertised as fitting on AZO2-G, but I found the fit to be awkward. It snaps, but it isn't tailored right for larger busts.

I recommend buying Azone's AZO2 cardigan instead.

On 45cm

Sleeves are too long / "moe" length, but this can look cute in the right outfit.

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

LittleWonder Long Sleeve Shirt ($22) + Tie ($8)

While Mai's got a few sailor blouses and several flannels, she hasn't had a proper fitting long sleeved shirt till now. I bought this as a casual shirt for coordinating outfits.

spacer.png

LittleWonder's version is pretty solid with some caveats. It's made from a similar fabric to their sailor uniforms, thicker than Azone but not as nice as Volks. Mine came in pretty wrinkly though.

The shirt thankfully uses snaps to button up in the front as well as the sleeves. The Volks one is a complete pain to dress with in comparison.

The tie is sold separately. It uses a metal snap in the back and only fits on regular shirts. Sailor blouses are too wide-necked to work. I feel that the tie's too wide and am curious where I can get something slimmer but also scaled for Obitsu/50cm bodies.

spacer.png

On 48cm

The shirt is cut slim around the waist as well as the chest area, so medium's as far as this will go.

spacer.png

On Obitsu Large

The top button won't snap or will be difficult to snap.

On AZO2-G

Does not fit. Azone sells a few long-sleeved shirts and blouses that will fit here.

On 45cm

Sleeves are too long but the shirt's not roomy enough to look cute.

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1

chef_mai

AZO2 Turtleneck Dress ($28)

Early this year, Azone dropped an open chest turtleneck and has made a few variations ever since. Unsurprisingly, it's a popular design that has sold out but will probably see restocks.

The sweater uses thick, ribbed fabric that's stretchy.

To my dismay, it's a pullover design despite using snaps. It's not easy to get on whether it's from the head or the legs.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 48cm

On a 48cm body, the dress comes down to about shorts length. Works well to highlight Angel Philia legs.

Up above, it fits exactly like any tight sweater would.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The sweater coordinates well with a skirt for a more modest look.

spacer.pngspacer.png

A longer skirt looks more balanced.

spacer.png

On AZO2-G / I

The turtleneck feels right at home on larger busts.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 45cm

This sweater's too big and doesn't feel right on this body.

Edited by chef_mai
Added extra pics to show fit on larger girls.
  • Like 1

chef_mai

What shoes fit on Obitsu feet?

Today, I'm exploring what shoes fit well (or not) on Obitsu feet. For reference, the foot lengths for each body type are:

• Obitsu: 6cm
  • MDD: 5cm
  • DDP: 5.5cm
  • Mochi-Ashi: 5.75cm (but significantly wider)

Azone Shoes

Surprisingly, official Azone shoes fit the tightest. Even without socks, it's frustrating to get them on.

Volks MDD shoes are a better bet if your budget allows. Azone shoes, while looking on point, are cheap and worse in build quality.

With these tighter shoes, you'll be handling and tugging at them more. Some of my Azone shoes have frayed with the boots splitting at the seam just a couple wears in.

Loafers - Very Tight
Suede Boots - Tight
Low Cut Converses - Slightly tight
Strap Sandals - OK (no socks)

Over time, the shoes loosen up a little but never get as comfortable as Volks shoes.

(All evaluations are done wearing thin knee socks unless noted)

spacer.png

Volks MDD Shoes

All of the Volks MDD shoes I've bought fit comfortably, sometimes with room to spare.

However, this may not be the case for all of their shoes. Shoes marked as fitting MDD, DDP and Mochi are safe bets, while those only fitting just MDD and DDP may run tight.

Volks shoes generally use better materials, have finer detailing and feel heftier. However, they cost more than double an Azone shoe.

Loafers - OK
Mary Janes - Slightly tight
High Top Converses - Slightly loose
Bear Slippers - Loose
Winter Boots - Slightly loose
Brogues - OK
White Sandals - OK

(All evaluations are done wearing thin knee socks)

spacer.png

Other Shoes

Last December, I bought a couple DD-sized shoes from Leekeworld designated as fitting "6.8cm" feet. These ended up being too big. I can't speak for how their MDD shoes would fit.

Leekeworld
Nine9

Edited by chef_mai

Angered-Icon
On 1/1/2022 at 10:15 PM, Tierparkzone said:

They likely will be fine. I got these for my Ellie as well:

bd1174377fb6a15137110adfd5bb2391.jpg

And while her thighs are thicker (because Angel Philia), her legs are Obitsu 48 length.

For those, I'd reckon the MDD variant might be a better fit: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992430096.html

But then you'll get the issue again, that they will reach only barely above the knee...

A tiny PS1 v1!! Love it!!! I think I still have mine in a box! 

• Thanks 1

nanika
On 3/25/2022 at 5:39 PM, Tierparkzone said:

Yes, head removal is usually the most effective way to go about this. Especially on Obitsu, where the neck connector makes it even easier.

Are we talking about the same Obitsu-50 neck joint here?  Because I hate them--

• If you disconnect the head from the neck clamp, it can be a pain to re-seat it properly sometimes (possibly requiring removal of the wig so you can remove the head cap to better re-clamp the head flanges.)
  • If disconnecting between the neck joint and the body frame, it can be really tight sometimes, resulting in the wig coming off/getting messed up.  And it can be hard to fully push down the neck joint onto the body frame when reconnecting. 

So I prefer to just buy official Azone clothing, as 95% of it is made to go on without head/wig removal.  

However, I do have a few Obitsu/Azone 50/48 bodies with a modified neck piece on (to make it easy to remove the head like a DD).   Those I use for any pull-over clothes.  These pictures are of the modified neck adapter by Asachanchi.  There's also a neck adapter by AnikiyaGK that I'd like to try out, but they haven't made any in a few years.

Neck-1.png

Neck-0.png

nanika
14 hours ago, chef_mai said:

Volks MDD Shoes

All of the Volks MDD shoes I've bought generally fit better than the Azone shoes despite being made for smaller feet. However, this may not be the case for all of their shoes. Shoes marked as fitting MDD, DDP and Mochi are safe bets, while those only fitting just MDD and DDP may run a little tight.

Volks shoes generally are great build quality, using better materials, finer detailing and having more heft to them. However, they cost more than double an Azone shoe.

Volks does make some nice shoes, but yep, they tend to be $50+ and they don't keep many shoes in-stock.  It seems like Volks only has a few styles in stock at a time, so you have to buy it right when it comes out, as they probably won't make any more.   Azone is a lot better at keeping a good assortment of basics (shoes, socks, etc.) in stock at all times.   

Visua Doll does make some nice shoes for Obitsu 50, although they are also around the $50 range.  

I'm actually pretty satisfied with Azone's shoe offerings.  There have been a few things that were cheap, but many of them are quite nice, AND a good value.  Shoes are typically a tight fit, so you do need to be careful, but that's also how it is with Volks' own shoes for DD.  (You don't want shoes falling off on their own.) 

On a side note, Volks does have some really cheap plastic heels for DD that you have to use a hair dryer on to soften enough--  so avoid those at all costs 🤣.  

chef_mai

(Reserved Post)

Edited by chef_mai

Tierparkzone
11 hours ago, nanika said:

Are we talking about the same Obitsu-50 neck joint here?  Because I hate them--

• If you disconnect the head from the neck clamp, it can be a pain to re-seat it properly sometimes (possibly requiring removal of the wig so you can remove the head cap to better re-clamp the head flanges.)
  • If disconnecting between the neck joint and the body frame, it can be really tight sometimes, resulting in the wig coming off/getting messed up.  And it can be hard to fully push down the neck joint onto the body frame when reconnecting. 

I'm definitely talking about removing the neck connector from the rest of the skeleton (to remove the head from the body for the purpose of redressing). I agree that removing the neck connector from the head (and especially reattaching it) is a much more cumbersome endeavor.

As @chef_mai mentioned, there seems to be a fair bit of variation in the tightness of the neck connectors.

In my personal experience (based on my Ellie) the connector is tight enough to hold the head properly, but can be pulled out and pushed back in without much effort. It's a fair bit quicker and easier than pulling the head off a standard DD or even SmD.

• Like 1

chef_mai

Volks MDD Fluffy Boots ($45)

Mai's been wanting a pair of fluffy boots for a long time.

These finally restocked, so I made an order despite not knowing for sure if they'd fit. While they've gone out of stock again, Volks tends to restock its more popular MDD shoes regularly.

spacer.png

In short, they fit with room to spare.

The boots themselves are made from a suede-like material, lined with fur at the top, a long zipper and a heel. The downside to the heavier duty zipper is poor aesthetics from the rear.

On 45/48cm type shins, they come up a little past halfway to the calves.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Winter boots pair up with all sorts of outfits, so it's a piece that will see plenty of use.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 2

chef_mai

Volks Lace Bra for SS/S ($46)

I switch Mai's outfits frequently, so I wanted to get her a nicer set of underwear.

While Azone makes lingerie, they don't fit Angel Philia, and the designs of the in-stock ones aren't cute.

Volks makes this set in various sizes. I got the smallest one designated for SS/S busts.

Hardware & Materials

It has two groups of hooks in the back to allow fine-tuned fit. Mai's using the smaller hooks. 

Dealer-made lingerie uses better hardware to adjust fit and secure the bra, but this dual-hook system isn't bad.

The material quality and detailing is second to none. I think this is meant to be worn as-is or in loungewear.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Fit (on Angel Philia H)

The panties are tight on Angel Philia H and troublesome to slip over the legs. The bra is a little large on this body but not in a way that's obvious on sight. 

The padding is thick, which is a plus with the pokey Angel Philia busts, but it alters fit for tops significantly.

spacer.pngspacer.png

(Left - With this bra, Right - With an Azone bra on AZO2-C, which is similarly flat to AP-H)

Edited by chef_mai
I no longer own this outfit, so I can't update this post.
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, chef_mai said:

Without a doubt, this is a pretty expensive set, but the material quality and detailing is second to none. I think this is meant to be worn as-is or in loungewear, given how detailed it is.

They sell translucent babydolls that were originally featured with those lace underwear sets worn underneath. Pretty sure they're still available, but I don't know if the shorter one is and the longer one is full body length on a DD.

There is a seller in Japan who makes detailed lingerie sets for dolls, and I want to say they are in the $100 - $250 range. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

nanika
9 hours ago, chef_mai said:

While Azone makes quite a few lingerie sets, they're designed either for their 50cm line (so the panties don't fit) or AZO2-G (so the bra is too large). I wanted something high quality & coordinated that could be worn together.

They did make some nice sets for the C-bust a few years ago-- in pink, white, and light blue.

You can still find the pink one at Hobby Search:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10630292

8 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

There is a seller in Japan who makes detailed lingerie sets for dolls, and I want to say they are in the $100 - $250 range. 

Are you thinking of Atri Boutique? https://atri.shop-pro.jp/  I think they have the best DD lingerie & corsets.

chef_mai
2 minutes ago, nanika said:

They did make some nice sets for the C-bust a few years ago-- in pink, white, and light blue.

That's a great set!

One detail I didn't mention is that low-cut bottoms aren't too good looking on the H2 lower torso (very NSFW). That's why I haven't been using the set that came with Nanaka.

One vendor that comes to mind for clickwar lingerie is Polkadot, but their stuff is simple/cute and aimed at MDD/DDP. Might work for slim Obitsu girls too.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, nanika said:

Are you thinking of Atri Boutique? https://atri.shop-pro.jp/  I think they have the best DD lingerie & corsets.

Yes, that looks like them. 

They seem to have an Etsy shop for overseas orders.

https://www.etsy.com/jp/shop/AtriAwonori?ref=hdr_shop_menu

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tierparkzone
14 hours ago, nanika said:

14 hours ago, chef_mai said:

That's a great set!

One detail I didn't mention is that low-cut bottoms aren't too good looking on the H2 lower torso (very NSFW). That's why I haven't been using the set that came with Nanaka.

I have this set in white. The pants are too tight to look good on a type H torso (even without the cutouts). The bra works well with the H/H2 busts though.

StormyWeather
On 2/3/2022 at 11:04 PM, chef_mai said:

LittleWonder Boat Neck Tee ($16)

LittleWonder sells everyday basics, much like Uniqlo does IRL. You won't find fancy outfits here, but you will find plenty of single pieces to help coordinate outfits from other vendors.

This Boat Neck Tee has an extra-wide collar, almost to the point of being off-shoulder. Mai got it in white, but it comes in quite a few other colors, both solid and striped.

The tee is made from a fairly thick fabric, so unlike many basics, it isn't sheer. It uses metal snaps at the back and has a small center slit at the back.

Ohhh, Mai looks so cute!! I might actually have to pick this up for iris, it's exactly her style!! Does LW ship to the us??

Also, thanks for the hard work documenting all this o7 it can be a bit hard telling what fits who in terms off doll clothes, but you've made it very simple to understand ^w^
spacer.png

• Like 1

chef_mai
2 hours ago, StormyWeather said:

Ohhh, Mai looks so cute!! I might actually have to pick this up for iris, it's exactly her style!! Does LW ship to the us??

Also, thanks for the hard work documenting all this o7 it can be a bit hard telling what fits who in terms off doll clothes, but you've made it very simple to understand ^w^
spacer.png

Glad to hear that you've found this helpful!

LittleWonder no longer ships directly to the US but is easy to order from using a proxy such as ZenMarket or FromJapan. The proxy fee is 300 yen per item, items can be stored for up to 45 days (to consolidate orders from different places), and shipping can be done via EMS/DHL/Airmail for about $15-$25 per shipment depending on how heavy it is.

StormyWeather
20 hours ago, chef_mai said:

LittleWonder no longer ships directly to the US but is easy to order from using a proxy such as ZenMarket or FromJapan. The proxy fee is 300 yen per item, items can be stored for up to 45 days (to consolidate orders from different places), and shipping can be done via EMS/DHL/Airmail for about $15-$25 per shipment depending on how heavy it is.

Ty!! I'll keep this in mind @onion24@

chef_mai

Volks Unicorn Hoodie Set ($65)

This popular set comes with a pullover hoodie, frilly skirt (w/ inner shorts), choker and socks. Like most Volks pieces, the material quality is high.

The hoodie is semi-pullover. You don't have to take off your girl's head to wear it.

The hoodie uses buttons that run almost the entire length from bottom to top, including the hood itself. If you aren't comfortable dressing from the head, coming up through the legs is also possible.

Since the hoodie's designed for MDD/DDP, the sleeves run short, but it otherwise is roomy enough for most Obitsu bodies. 

spacer.png

To my surprise, the skirt fits on Angel Philia H, and the most difficult aspect is getting the outer skirt's waistband over the thighs. The inner shorts are designed for Mochi Ashi, so they fit with no issue.

spacer.png

The socks are clearly designed for Mochi Ashi since there's plenty of extra room on Mai's shins.

(Edit - As shown in the right pic, putting on long socks or leggings underneath is one way to sidestep this.)

spacer.png1080627847_ScreenShot2022-04-19at2_02_57PM.png.683a9ced59aeeca2c24343940bb04f80.png

Style-wise, this set is designed more for young girls with its pastel colors and animal theme, but with a little clothes and shoes coordination, it can be dressed up a little as Mai's done here. 

spacer.png

Or made into a really casual set, something that Mai would wear to bed or at a sleepover. 

spacer.png

On 45cm

Fits perfectly.

[TODO: photo]

Edited by chef_mai

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, chef_mai said:

I have this set in pink and I love it! Can confirm it fits OB48 S Bust—in fact I planned to include it in a post on Volks clothing on the Obitsu 48 (which I’ll get around to making after I finish going through all the Azone outfits I have).

I usually undo the last few buttons so the hoodie fits more loosely over the skirt, which looks to be a different fabric/style from the blue one, and I’ve got to say that it’s one of my favourite outfits.

CB217B13-E473-4B4C-B348-042C618B162F

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1

chef_mai
On 4/12/2022 at 9:58 PM, ragnamuffin said:

I usually undo the last few buttons so the hoodie fits more loosely over the skirt

This is a good tip in general when you find a top is hugging the waist area too closely, and it's not a piece that's supposed to do that.

This comes up a lot with Mai because she's more shapely in that area, so clothes that naturally flare out or part in that area tend to look better, or those that button up tend to look better if the last button is undone as you suggest.

chef_mai
On 4/12/2022 at 5:20 PM, chef_mai said:

The socks are clearly designed for Mochi Ashi since there's plenty of extra room on Mai's shins.

spacer.png

Turns out that while what I said is true, Volks has shown one solution to the oversized socks. Just put on long socks or leggings underneath.

1080627847_ScreenShot2022-04-19at2_02_57PM.png.683a9ced59aeeca2c24343940bb04f80.png

• Like 1

chef_mai

Angel Philia Stand ($50)

I ordered the Angel Philia stand about 2 months ago, and it finally came in the mail today.

I already own a Selens saddle stand but have had a disappointing experience with the Volks waist stand. (I sold the Volks stand in 2023.)

The stand retails for close to 6000 yen. It's available at Mandarake, which will save you on shipping and the hassle of a proxy.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1049578061

Build Quality

The stand's made from sturdy polycarbonate with metal knobs for fastening the key points.

While the stand as a whole is extra-light, the plastic has some heft to it. 

The stand is sold in M and L variants (I got the L version which has a wider base) as well as plastic vs. mirror base. I'm not sure if the mirror base is metal or not since it sold out so quickly.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Unlike the rods, the base is disappointingly thin and flimsy feeling. It's about the same diameter as the metal stand that comes with most Obitsu/Azone dolls. 

Functionality

The functionality of the stand is exceptional. Everything is adjustable, including:

• The height of the clamp
  • The distance between the clamp and the vertical rod
  • The width of the clamp, which is super important to allow for difference between waist sizes or different styles of dress
  • You can rotate the clamps to angle them

This versatility allows the clamp to fasten to any reasonable part of the doll in any manner you see fit. If you wanted to clamp around a thigh, you can do that. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

The stand is on the expensive side and not as hefty as I'd like, but the functionality is solid. Recommended if you like this design.

(2023 Update - I sold this since I don't use stands all that much and was downsizing. I've kept the selens stand.)

Edited by chef_mai
I no longer own this stand, so I can't update this post.
  • Thanks 2

chef_mai

Volks Fishtail Parka Set (Mini) ($45)

While most of Volks most popular clothing comes from the Tenshi-no-koromo and Blue Label lines, I occasionally cross-shop the other lines. This fishtail parka from the Black Label line is one of them.

Materials & Hardware

Read all about the origins of this piece here. The unusual name stems from the rear where the parka is split and has two drawstrings on each side that can adjust the jacket's fit.

In hand, the parka feels like a windbreaker. It's a thick nylon shell.

The buttons fasten using a string loop + button. I'm not a fan of this design given how small the buttons are, but it's not a huge deal since this piece will remain unbuttoned most of the time.

spacer.png

On 48cm

On a 48cm Obitsu, the parka comes down to above mid-thigh. The sleeves are short for Mai, but that's OK since they're designed to be rolled up.

The fit is relaxed, but there isn't a *lot* of room if you button it up.

spacer.png

The parka itself is a versatile piece, lending itself well to different styles of dress like Mai's relaxed look above. She's wearing a DD-sized shirt inside from the chiffon suspenders set. 

On 45cm

Fits perfectly.

[TODO: photo]

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1