Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SonataAvalon

A honkai impact 3rd BJD?

SonataAvalon

Okay. So I need somebody to help me out, and get this into a real thing. Worry or do not. I'm pretty sure some of you want to do this as well. If not, that's okay with me. 

So, Honkai Impact 3rd is a really good game and I'm probably gonna work there in my future, (I want to get into game industry as the first autistic man to make a video game when the days of being 18 finally comes) 

I am wondering if anyone would like to attempt making a Raiden Mei, Kiana Kaslana, and Bronya BJD in their spare time? I can't bring much to the table for you money wise, but I cheer loudly for you and will do mostly ideas more than money (I got like $120, i have a patreon and GoFundMe about the money issue, but I'm scared of it becoming dust in the wind and treated as me putting out advertisement on here.) 

I'm thinking for Mei's body, she could have the body like Towa? I haven't written much down about this idea. maybe medium bust size?spacer.png

Kiana would take after her first battlesuit, if you've played the game. Karin's body would do nicely with this one, she's got white braided hair.

Bronya is legit gonna take Liliru's body. She has two twister-tails on her sides.

If this idea sounds like something you could do, great! Like to hear about it in my DM's! 

This has been Sonata Avalon, signing out.

Elagabalus

Not to dash your hopes and dreams, but it's quite rude to undervalue your fellow hobbyists like that. Just because you can't afford it at this time doesn't mean that you are entitled to their customization work for less than its full value. The crafts and customization work related to this hobby are highly specialized and are generally harder to do at doll scale. All artists and customizers deserve to be paid fairly for their skills and time.

When I was your age I didn't buy much stuff for my dolls (which tbh, I was very lucky to have in the first place thanks to a gift from my family), and when I did, it was usually once or twice a year after I'd saved up enough money to order an outfit or two. Perhaps try saving up over the course of a year and hiring a customizer then. You could also try to learn to sew, paint, or craft doll items for yourself! Who knows, maybe you'll find a doll-related sub-hobby that you really like! You seem to do a lot with 3d models, maybe you could learn to 3d sculpt accessories? There are a lot of free 3d sculpting programs out there, like Zbrush Core Mini!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

F-15alice
38 minutes ago, Elagabalus said:

Not to dash your hopes and dreams, but it's quite rude to undervalue your fellow hobbyists like that. Just because you can't afford it at this time doesn't mean that you are entitled to their customization work for less than its full value. The crafts and customization work related to this hobby are highly specialized and are generally harder to do at doll scale. All artists and customizers deserve to be paid fairly for their skills and time.

When I was your age I didn't buy much stuff for my dolls (which tbh, I was very lucky to have in the first place thanks to a gift from my family), and when I did, it was usually once or twice a year after I'd saved up enough money to order an outfit or two. Perhaps try saving up over the course of a year and hiring a customizer then. You could also try to learn to sew, paint, or craft doll items for yourself! Who knows, maybe you'll find a doll-related sub-hobby that you really like! You seem to do a lot with 3d models, maybe you could learn to 3d sculpt accessories? There are a lot of free 3d sculpting programs out there, like Zbrush Core Mini!

2nd on this 

Coming from someone who is both an artist and had commissioned others for props and armors, a basic price point for a simple armor part is around 200usd and for face up are around 70s to 200 range.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to my Instagram

7c5ecae5_34a2_4fec_a96f_db8c1b0054bb_by_saturnspace-dbd5hjw.jpg

Lunami Faceup for DD X3

Okay, so you would need like $1k-$2k+ for the whole doll, Volks heads are $50-$53 and the bodies are $300+ and the faceup will be like $70-$100, outfit cost will be like $300+ so this is not a cheap hobby. If you still want to make the doll maybe try Obitsu, the dolls are less than a dollfie or you could hybrid the doll with a dollfie dream head and Obitsu body.  Anyway, I'm not sure how much the whole doll would be but I just wanted to give you an idea.

SonataAvalon
17 hours ago, F-15alice said:

I do not know how to respond... But it feels like gratitude and thanks in what I feel. I'd love to do this stuff. 

I do not wish to rush anybody. I personally do not have any DD's or any to work with, so I ask in a way that seems fair to the both of us.

I did not mean to rush any one on here, I'm sorry if it sounded like I am. 

I think I may try and make the armor out of paper. I will check out this zbrush.