Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ragnamuffin

Inspired by other users?

ragnamuffin

I imagine this is pretty common and isn’t talked about that often, but have you ever been inspired or influenced by posts / users on this forum to buy or recreate dolls or outfits, etc.? If so, what?

(You don’t have to be specific if you don’t want to be or if you think it might embarrass another user, but some of them might be flattered to know!)

In my case, I wasn’t really interested in Dollfie Dreams because they all seem to have a ‘look’ that I don’t appreciate, but someone recently mentioned DDS Kuonji Alice, and when I looked up pics of her oh boy I was smitten! I need this doll!!! 🤣

Another one is DDS Anastasia. Ngl, it’s @SFSakana’s photo shoots that did it for me! I don’t think this doll would have been on my radar otherwise.

How about you guys??

Noxxbunny

Haha I remember thinking that Kagamine Rin wasn't really my taste until I went to a meetup at a con with several other members. I saw someone else's Rin at that meet and the rest is history...😂

• Like 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

ChrisFhey

I actually got my Miura (MDD Mochi-ashi) because I saw someone's Mochi on this forum. I wasn't even interested in having a MDD until I saw those rice-cake legs. 😄

• Like 2

moerunamida

Definitely had my Towa customized to a similar style after seeing someone else's Towa. I had originally got her with the intention of just getting her mouth altered, but the pouty look fit this character from a game series I play. She's been my favorite girl ever since (shh, don't tell my others!).

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

ragnamuffin

@Noxxbunny Haha yeah sometimes seeing the doll in person really changes your perception of it huh!

@ChrisFhey I think I know which one you’re talking about. Those photos nearly sold me on a mochiashi too!

@Mandie Oooh, which game is that if you don’t mind my asking? I’m a huge JRPG buff 😙

• Like 1

moerunamida
20 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

@Mandie Oooh, which game is that if you don’t mind my asking? I’m a huge JRPG buff 😙

I'm a huge Might and Magic fan. RPG from the late 80s and 90s. All my dolls so far are named after characters/places in the Might and Magic universe 😄 My girl, Circle, is the girl I was reference. She has a profile in my profile <3

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
59 minutes ago, Mandie said:

I'm a huge Might and Magic fan. RPG from the late 80s and 90s. All my dolls so far are named after characters/places in the Might and Magic universe 😄 My girl, Circle, is the girl I was reference. She has a profile in my profile <3

That’s rad! I didn’t even know about the doll profiles in people’s profiles, but I just checked her out and she’s adorable!!!

• Like 1

moerunamida
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

That’s rad! I didn’t even know about the doll profiles in people’s profiles, but I just checked her out and she’s adorable!!!

Thank you! <3 It's fun to create profiles for them. I have two floating heads that I still need to make profiles for. I can't wait to see yours!

• Like 1

SFSakana
On 11/20/2021 at 12:57 PM, ragnamuffin said:

I imagine this is pretty common and isn’t talked about that often, but have you ever been inspired or influenced by posts / users on this forum to buy or recreate dolls or outfits, etc.? If so, what?

(You don’t have to be specific if you don’t want to be or if you think it might embarrass another user, but some of them might be flattered to know!)

In my case, I wasn’t really interested in Dollfie Dreams because they all seem to have a ‘look’ that I don’t appreciate, but someone recently mentioned DDS Kuonji Alice, and when I looked up pics of her oh boy I was smitten! I need this doll!!! 🤣

Another one is DDS Anastasia. Ngl, it’s @SFSakana’s photo shoots that did it for me! I don’t think this doll would have been on my radar otherwise.

How about you guys??

I'm really happy to hear this! I think every single doll is unique by itself when comes to different doll owner.
I love to see same sculpt with different style, looking forward to see your Anastasia someday! 🥰 

• Like 1

They need love to become pretty!

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | YoutubeSalesPage

DollForum_signature1.jpg.535caf3bc6385f534bc6c15028ae8eec.jpg
DollForum_signature2.jpg.29a356f3a56f1d07ddc0f9991d5b6a0c.jpg

Katherine

Literally inspired by everyone on here and in part that's probably honeymoon phase n in part cause I'm actually seeing how much everyone cares in one way or another about the dolls! I kinda went from a " o that's cute mentality " to full on imma name it this and it has a personality n soul 

• Like 4

ragnamuffin
5 hours ago, Katherine said:

Literally inspired by everyone on here and in part that's probably honeymoon phase n in part cause I'm actually seeing how much everyone cares in one way or another about the dolls! I kinda went from a " o that's cute mentality " to full on imma name it this and it has a personality n soul 

The honeymoon phase when you get into (or in some cases, back into) the hobby is really something magical. I can sense your excitement and it’s always nice to have fresh blood in the forum 😆

Be sure to post pics of your dolls when you get them! We love looking at dolly pictures here 😍

• Like 2

Katherine
45 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

The honeymoon phase when you get into (or in some cases, back into) the hobby is really something magical. I can sense your excitement and it’s always nice to have fresh blood in the forum 😆

Be sure to post pics of your dolls when you get them! We love looking at dolly pictures here 😍

You're so sweet!! I will show u! Cant wait to show u one day!!!^-^

• Like 1

puxlavoix

Like someone said earlier, this whole forum and its users as a whole are a continuation inspiration.

I think i wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for @OtakuDepot inviting me back in 2011 after drooling over his dolls at his blog which later was of big incluence when adopting my first Saber Lily.  

Then there’s s a couple dolls i wouldn’t even dared to look at if it wasn't for @Orchid's pics of them. They are Miki Hoshii and Beatrice.

Funny thing is that ever since they got announced/released not only weren’t they my cup of tea but really really found them straight up ugly and annoyed by their sheer existence to say the least lol. All that changed in a second last year firstly when i spotted her Miki pictures and fell head over heels in love with her, couldn't stop looking at her so badly that 1 month later i welcomed her into my home haha!. Then a couple of months later it was her Beatrice *sigh*... same story all over again lol @onion24@.

Real funny thing is that now i see them under this all new beautiful light (obviously) but can’t point, figure out or 'remember' exactly what feature or whatever they had in the beginning that made me hate on them previously. guess this would make a good topic on the discussion board 'you used to hate her but now love it'

Then a couple of months ago in a virtual meeting with @Tierparkzone and all the gang i came to know his Mash... so beautiful and sexy, sophisticated and perfect that I was like "daaaaamnn gotta have her no matter what!!!" and so I did: exactly two weeks later she was sitting on my desk @onion9@

Edited by puxlavoix
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png