Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ChrisFhey

Changing date format

ChrisFhey

Is there a way to set your date format (for posts, quotes, etc.) to European or ISO format?

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

Is there a way to set your date format (for posts, quotes, etc.) to European or ISO format?

I don’t believe so. As far as I know the forum date / time display is controlled by the date & time settings on your device. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ChrisFhey

It doesn't seem like it because dates are being shown to me in US format (mm/dd/yyyy), whereas my device (Windows 10 PC) is set to use ISO format (yyyy-mm-dd).

See this screenshot of a quote of one of my posts. My post was made on August 11th, and both post date and time are shown in US format.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 101803.jpg

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, ChrisFhey said:

It doesn't seem like it because dates are being shown to me in US format

Then it probably just uses the time zone setting. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ChrisFhey

Which time zone setting do you mean? The one on my device?
Because that's set to Europe/Brussels for me, so it should show me dd/mm/yyyy if that's the case.

Or is there a forum account setting for time zone?

Tierparkzone

Hmm..

The forum indeed takes the information about your local time zone from your OS settings, so that the timestamps correctly match your local time.

While I would read something like "11/24/2021 01:19 AM" here in Tokyo, it would appear as "11/23/2021 05:19 PM" to someone in Brussels.

But it does not seem to adapt the format of the date in any way, as I'm seeing the US format as well.

If it went by the region my OS is set to, I should get "2021-11-24" (ISO format) and if it went by the date and time display options of my OS, I should get the German format "24.11.2021" and in both cases a 24 hour clock...

The software this forum is running on does seem sophisticated enough, that something like this should be possible (even if not currently enabled). So that would certainly be a nice to have.

ChrisFhey

Ah, yes. Now that you mention it, I may have interpreted BeyondTime's reply incorrectly.
They probably meant that the forum only takes my time zone into consideration for the actual date and time, and not necessarily its formatting.

Would be nice if we could get dates formatted in our own time zone, as I get confused about quoted messages sometimes. 😄